2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsons gone if Bosh comes to town... 

can't afford all them ******. 
they gotta trade lin before they can offer bosh a deal
and cant thet choose to go over the cap to keep parsons? 
theyll be in the lusxury for sure, dont know if their owner is willing to spend though

We have to sign players first, then resign Parsons. If we resign Parsons first, we lose the advantage of the bird rights to go over the cap then can't sign a big FA and go over.

And there's multiple reports that there's already a deal in place to move Lin

I ain't buying that... 

Parson's deal would have been done IMO if he wasn't going anywhere.... 

He hasn't even received an offer from another team yet. Houston can match any offer as well as going over the Luxury Tax by using the Bird Rights clause. Right now they're just waiting to see what offers he gets.

Based on everything we have seen to this point, parsons is going to get offered something ridiculous..

I assume teams are just waiting for the big names to decide, then teams left with money to spend are going offer him something ridiculous.. Say Chicago misses on Melo.. Or the mavs miss out

He hasn't even received an offer from another team yet. Houston can match any offer as well as going over the Luxury Tax by using the Bird Rights clause. Right now they're just waiting to see what offers he gets.
We have to sign players first, then resign Parsons. If we resign Parsons first, we lose the advantage of the bird rights to go over the cap then can't sign a big FA and go over.

And there's multiple reports that there's already a deal in place to move Lin
aiight ... makes sense 

I also assume the rockets already have a deal in place with parsons.. But I'm pretty sure even parsons' agent couldn't have predicted the money that is going around

Last edited:
If Bosh does start looking like he's going to Houston, I would expect offers to roll in for Parsons, to try and drive up the price and make it difficult on the Rockets.

Parsons doesn't have to sign them of course, but depends on the offers he sees.

Exactly. The word in Houston is that we know the mavs are prepared to offer him. From everything I've heard, we're chasing that 3rd star to sign first, then match any offers on Parsons. Haven't heard a scenario where Parsons isn't in a rockets uniform unless someone offers him a max, which is unlikely

Mavs already out of denial about Melo... 

Cuban might as well had took that ***** to the drive-thru of Steak'N'Shake 

I like how they handled it tho.... no big production, no treating him like a 17 year old HS recruit.... just straight to the ******* point 

"bruh you wanna run with us or nah?..." 

Mavs already out of denial about Melo... 

Cuban might as well had took that ***** to the drive-thru of Steak'N'Shake 

I like how they handled it tho.... no big production, no treating him like a 17 year old HS recruit.... just straight to the ******* point 

"bruh you wanna run with us or nah?..." 
reminds me of an entourage episode.

I would think the Mavs are in prime position to back load a contract with Dirk's $10M coming off the books in 3 years ... 

just in time for Parson's to become the new face of the Franchise.... 

sign me up. 

Parsons' cap hold isn't even at $2M ($1.7M to be exact) because of how dirt cheap his contract was his first three years.
So they're able to create enough room under the cap to offer Bosh $20M AND retain his rights?

Because if they sign Bosh and don't have that 1.7M, they've gotta give up the rights on Parsons, right?

Seems like a lot of reporters are just jumping the gun on the Cavs having a real shot.

Just because they had a conversation with Brons agent we're gonna call them the favorites to land him? I'll believe it when I see it man

Parsons' cap hold isn't even at $2M ($1.7M to be exact) because of how dirt cheap his contract was his first three years.
So they're able to create enough room under the cap to offer Bosh $20M AND retain his rights?

Because if they sign Bosh and don't have that 1.7M, they've gotta give up the rights on Parsons, right?

You know Morey has it all lined out. If Bosh says yes, Parsons deal would be right behind, no doubt about it.

I'm going to die laughing if Team Bron leaked this to troll Gilbert again just to get get Riley/Arison to make a REAL move to get Bron back.

Last edited:
Somebody is going to return Houston the favor by back loading Parsons deal similar to Asik/Lin :lol:

Can't do poison pill contracts anymore
Asik and Lin's cases are different from Parsons.

There was a loophole for Asik and Lin because they were coming off two years experience. Parsons is not eligible for this loophole. Plus he probably has a wink-wink deal with the Rockets anyways.
Bird Rights on Parsons he's not going anywhere
Wouldn't they have to waive those rights to make room for a max guy? He's gotta have some sort of cap hold on their books right now.

That 2nd round scouting :pimp:
You forgot strong arming a dude that didn't want to go overseas. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom