2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The homie casper played well today though :pimp: :pimp: hopefully he finds his way to their (or someone's) opening night roster.

- I don't believe any of this Lakers are serious contenders to land Carmelo talk. Think it's BS by Woj and Simmons just to get attention and views.

- I respect the Lakers but are people forgetting that the new Buss is running this legendary franchise into the ground? Him and Kobe have serious problems. Buss' son is a buffoon.

- Serious question for Laker fans. Do y'all think Pau will sign back with LA? Wasn't he kind of treated poorly the last year or two there? I thought for sure he would be out of LA this season.
Pau is a weeny. But hasn't it been said that he's looking closely to what Melo does?

Nah I'm talking about the New Zealand one...the playoffs are going right now...go saints!
Haha bruh they just won the title, literally a few hours ago. I think I remember you saying in some thread you had a friend playing for the Saints? Or was that someone else

Supposedly Carmelo called Pau up to recruit him to come play in NY with him. Don't know if Pau wants money or a title.

- Serious question for Laker fans. Do y'all think Pau will sign back with LA? Wasn't he kind of treated poorly the last year or two there? I thought for sure he would be out of LA this season.
If Melo comes of course I think Pau comes back. The Lakers would be right back in title contention with a core of Pau, Kobe and Melo. 

If Melo comes of course I think Pau comes back. The Lakers would be right back in title contention with a core of Pau, Kobe and Melo. 
You got an All NBA defensive team right there

grin.gif

Pau loves LA. He doesn't really want to leave imo. Conditions plus age really is pushing him out. With Kobe and Pau there, you would have to think Pau goes back to the Lakers.

- I respect the Lakers but are people forgetting that the new Buss is running this legendary franchise into the ground? Him and Kobe have serious problems. Buss' son is a buffoon.

Says the guy whose team had and still has Jim Dolan.

Made a trade to get Chris Paul, yes it was vetoed, but the trade was completed. Then followed that by making a trade for Steve Nash & Dwight Howard to team with Kobe Bryant, without getting rid of Pau Gasol, and it backfired.... Sold Andrew Bynum at his highest and he disintegrated, and had 0 value a year afterwards.

That's not running a franchise into the ground, or being a buffoon. That's bad luck.

Last edited:

Made a trade to get Chris Paul, yes it was vetoed, but the trade was completed. Then followed that by making a trade for Steve Nash & Dwight Howard to team with Kobe Bryant, without getting rid of Pau Gasol, and it backfired....

That's not running a franchise into the ground, or being a buffoon. That's bad luck.

What about him offering Phil the job and then changing his mind and bringing on Mike D'Antoni?

His beef with his sister (who seems to be the smart one)

Kobe saying he won't play for D'Antoni and Buss saying D'Antoni is staying.

Not sure how you can defend Buss. Not sure what Jim Dolan has to do with this unless you're calling Buss Jim Dolan Jr. because that's who he's reminding me of.

Made a trade to get Chris Paul, yes it was vetoed, but the trade was completed. Then followed that by making a trade for Steve Nash & Dwight Howard to team with Kobe Bryant, without getting rid of Pau Gasol, and it backfired....

What about him offering Phil the job and then changing his mind and bringing on Mike D'Antoni?

His beef with his sister (who seems to be the smart one)

Kobe saying he won't play for D'Antoni and Buss saying D'Antoni is staying.

Not sure how you can defend Buss. Not sure what Jim Dolan has to do with this unless you're calling Buss Jim Dolan Jr. because that's who he's reminding me of.

Mike D'Antoni was his father's choice. Every single writer has covered it, and said so. Even Jeanie and Phil admit it. Jerry even told Jeanie that MDA was his choice. And even before that Jimmy Buss was the one who came to Jeanie Buss and ask "Can me and Phil work together again?"

His sister, the one who put up Dwight Howard billboards, and Kobe's extension?

Who do you think was the reason Mike D'Antoni resigned. He wouldn't guarantee him anything, and forced his hand.

Bill Simmons, oh really :lol:

The same Bill Simmons who reported the Bucks sale days before anyone (and was right on the people involved and the numbers), then reported the $2 billion price tag for the Clippers (and was right, when people said they wouldn't sell for that much). He doesn't just toss out nonsense when it comes to actual NBA business. Ya'll get caught up in his homerism and fake trades and think he's just messing around. He's very well connected, and so is Woj. If those two are reporting it, then it's real. Of course, that doesn't mean Carmelo is going there. All they said is that the Lakers unexpectedly turned into a major player in regards to where he may end up.

Key would be Pau signing for MMLE ($3.2mil) which he won't.

But they could sign IT2, at the cost of Pau Gasol.
The same Bill Simmons who reported the Bucks sale days before anyone (and was right on the people involved and the numbers), then reported the $2 billion price tag for the Clippers (and was right, when people said they wouldn't sell for that much). He doesn't just toss out nonsense when it comes to actual NBA business. Ya'll get caught up in his homerism and fake trades and think he's just messing around. He's very well connected, and so is Woj. If those two are reporting it, then it's real. Of course, that doesn't mean Carmelo is going there. All they said is that the Lakers unexpectedly turned into a major player in regards to where he may end up.
The problem with Simmons' reporting is that he throws about 100 predictions a day. Some are bound to come true. 

The problem with Simmons' reporting is that he throws about 100 predictions a day. Some are bound to come true. 

nah Simmons rarely "reports" things, like this is 100% happening when he does its usually dead on.

Last edited:
essential1 essential1 I don't really see you proving your case. If you like the new Buss, then great. I'm not a Lakers fan. Everything I've heard and read about him has been negative. Best of luck to you and your team.

I think this is just an article looking for something to talk about since today is a slow day. The article says that they don't have to make any moves. That's not news, it's been known. Then the article says they're still behind Chicago in the Carmelo race but Chicago has kind of moved on because they believe that Carmelo wants to be in NY.

A lot of those are trade suggestions, ideas, etc. He's not actually reporting anything. Edit: And doesn't claim to be reporting anything, either.

In reality, Simmons is pretty inactive on Twitter these days. He even talked recently about how he doesn't like it, and generally stays off it. During the playoffs, all he tweeted about was the Bucks sale and Clippers situation.

Last edited:
Yea, but that's with the old guard though. The Lakers are in uncharted waters with Jerry Buss Jr[

I feel you but aside from firing mike brown and replacing him with Antoni (neither were the answer but you don't replace crap with crap) I think jim buss gets a bad wrap.

They traded for Chris Paul only for "basketball reasons" to happen and lamar odom not being able to understand the business aspect of things.

Traded Bynum for Dwight. A move almost any team would happily make. Dwight couldn't handle the expectations but bynums been a headcase everywhere he's gone too and since Phil left the lakers.

The Nash trade looked good at the time. They were in win now mode. Nash looked good the prior season and had no real injury problems prior to joining the lakers.

Those were moves that granted they didn't work were moves almost anyone would make if given the opportunity. He's not his father and those are big shoes to fill regardless but I wouldn't write jim buss off completely yet.

Now if they suck and are making dumb move after dumb move 5 years from now, if we're both still on NT at the time, ill be the first to admit you were right lol

That team is giving up just as many points as they score, literally no good defenders in the lineup.
Still be better than what they have.. and IT and Randle is decent core, with Anthony having 4 years left of prime... But that lineup is never going to happen
laugh.gif

:rofl: :rofl:

What's with all the Bill Simmons slander? Dude is actually spot on most of the time and he rarely says things just for shock value.

Supposedly, Danny Ainge is working trying to get K Love.
If Boston is attempting to get Kevin Love, are they just going to keep Rondo? I don't see Kevin Love being happy there if Rondo is gone. It will be as in he was back in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom