2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
$129M
lala isnt leaving that on the table, esp in Nyc

dude can chase that ring in 5 yrs...

Last edited:
Well with Woj reporting it, this Melo to LA stuff just became very interesting and a serious possibility.

Don't know how I feel about it. However, i'm confident that Kobe will be back to regular form, and him and Melo would be a dynamo player. Sure they are both scorers so it would appear that they wouldn't be able to play together, but i'm from the school of thought that for the most part, great players when teamed up figure it out. Great basketball players when paired together, pretty much figure it out and I would think that they wouldn't be any different. IF the lakers were to get Melo, it would be interesting to see where they go next. Also, Both Melo and Kobe provide more than just scoring, so whether or not they could play together wouldn't be an issue IMO.

Wait, is that breaking news? Did they just figure out that LA doesn't have to make any roster changes to sign Carmelo?

This is as dumb as them trying to hype up Kobe going to the meeting and speaking with Carmelo. We know they're friends and they speak almost on a weekly basis, how important was Kobe really in that meeting.

I think this is just for attention and clicks. You read everywhere that most teams think he's going to NY and then news breaks that LA is serious because they don't have to make any roster changes and offering 96.

Last edited:
Well with Woj reporting it, this Melo to LA stuff just became very interesting and a serious possibility.

Don't know how I feel about it. However, i'm confident that Kobe will be back to regular form, and him and Melo would be a dynamo player. Sure they are both scorers so it would appear that they wouldn't be able to play together, but i'm from the school of thought that for the most part, great players when teamed up figure it out. Great basketball players when paired together, pretty much figure it out and I would think that they wouldn't be any different. IF the lakers were to get Melo, it would be interesting to see where they go next. Also, Both Melo and Kobe provide more than just scoring, so whether or not they could play together wouldn't be an issue IMO.
repped

If Melo chooses LA it ain't about winning at all with him 
laugh.gif

If Melo chooses LA it ain't about winning at all with him :lol:

Y'all wyllng when you say this. I mean, they won't be serious contenders this year or possibly even the next year. But he is going to sign a 4 year contract. And we always find a way to get back near the top, Mitch gonna waive that magic wand somehow I guarantee it. :lol:

The Laker franchise obviously isn't going to tank again so why waste the time thinking it.

We get Melo in 2 years minimum of his prime for basically 40 mil. Then bite the bullet, or move him, some dumb franchises would do it i.e. Nets.

Maybe free agents will want to come play with him when Kobe is off the books, long shot, but its possible.

Post #12 leaving, this is 2nd best case FA scenario in the front offices eyes.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Melo, but thinking about interesting scenarios where Melo attracting the other teams primary defender while Kobe gets to feast on their #2. For example Kawhi-on-Melo and Manu-on-Kobe :wow: I can dig it.

Last edited:

I don't know about that. Maybe from a surface perspective, it would appear that way.

But you have to think that if he were to sign with the Lakers, part of the reasoning would have had to be because of what they told him the Lakers would become with him being there. I don't believe Melo would sign to the Lakers w/o the assurance that they are working to build a contender much sooner rather than later.

If it financially possible to assemble a starting lineup of

Isaiah Thomas

Kobe Bryant

Carmelo Anthony

Julius Randle

Pau Gasol

???

This is just wild to me because I thought LAL had no chance getting Melo. I thought it was a serious long shot. If Kobe is back to 2012 2013 form, him and Melo will be pretty dynamic together. Surround those two with some capable talent, and you now have a new darkhorse out west.

Will be interesting to see if the Lakers actually pull this off though.

And playing in New York is about winning? Y'all ain't accomplished **** in years
Was going to say the only thing that justifies staying with NY is the money. And by Y'all I hope you don't mean me. I'm from New Zealand 
laugh.gif
 I don't have any bias geographically when it comes to the NBA 

At the end of the day someone is giving a 5 yes contract worth 97 or 130 million dollars to a 30 year old Carmelo Anthony. That 4th and 5th year people will be cursing that contract

Last edited:
How so? Obviously the Lakers aren't in the best position currently but I trust their front offices track record to get the job done going off their track record.
I'm of the belief the Bulls would be the only team that give shim a legitimate chance at a title, but yea good point. LA tends to just make things happen

And playing in New York is about winning? Y'all ain't accomplished **** in years
Was going to say the only thing that justifies staying with NY is the money. And by Y'all I hope you don't mean me. I'm from New Zealand :lol:  I don't have any bias geographically when it comes to the NBA 

Oh aight...seen a lot of Knicks fans make similar remarks so I assumed you were another one :lol:

Random but do you keep up with the NBL?

Oh aight...seen a lot of Knicks fans make similar remarks so I assumed you were another one
laugh.gif

By NBL you mean the one in New Zealand right?  A lot of people confuse the NBL with the ANBL, which is the Australian League (a lot better and better pay). 

And yeah, I keep up with both

How so? Obviously the Lakers aren't in the best position currently but I trust their front offices track record to get the job done going off their track record.

Yea, but that's with the old guard though. The Lakers are in uncharted waters with Jerry Buss Jr[

Last edited:
Oh aight...seen a lot of Knicks fans make similar remarks so I assumed you were another one :lol:

By NBL you mean the one in New Zealand right?  A lot of people confuse the NBL with the ANBL, which is the Australian League (a lot better and better pay). 
And yeah, I keep up with both

Nah I'm talking about the New Zealand one...the playoffs are going right now...go saints!

- I don't believe any of this Lakers are serious contenders to land Carmelo talk. Think it's BS by Woj and Simmons just to get attention and views.

- I respect the Lakers but are people forgetting that the new Buss is running this legendary franchise into the ground? Him and Kobe have serious problems. Buss' son is a buffoon.

- Serious question for Laker fans. Do y'all think Pau will sign back with LA? Wasn't he kind of treated poorly the last year or two there? I thought for sure he would be out of LA this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom