2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiters averaged 16 and 3 in 29 mins on 43% shooting, comparing favorably to Jamal Crawford's 18 and 3 on 41% shooting last year. Yet Crawford is lauded as the quintessential 6th man. Waiters would flourish in that role. Especially playing with Bron.

Dion Waiters has been a huge target since being drafted 4th overall. People's only retort is that he came off the bench at Syracuse. If you watched him play, he was the best player on that team and could have started anywhere in the country. Yes, even Kentucky's 2012 National Championship team. He may be hard to get along with in the locker room at times, but he can flat out ball. Sometimes you have to ask yourself are people watching the games or are they basing their opinions based off of what they read and see online.

Last edited:
So are you arguing Chris Bosh isn't a more reliable big than Tristan Thompson? I'm confused.
No, i'm arguing that Bosh is no more of a down low "big" than Tristan. reading is fundamental... Bosh get's punished down low, Miami was 30th is rebounding the last few seasons. Bosh is a spot up shooter now and that's it.

Last edited:
No bias right?

Am I supposed to give a ****? Honestly. Discussing sports on the Internet has become a damn near hassle because people read advanced statistics which are worthless, listen to Skip Bayless and don't let their eyes tell the story. I'll let you have it though basketball guru.

Last edited:
i really wish there was no cap sometimes. just to see the "true" value of players

One day maybe. Just because there is no cap, doesn't make it uneven. Balance will come.
The sooner the cap is gone. The sooner things can balance, and the better off NBA will be

Think Bosh may be more of a down low big than Tristan...actually anyone TBH
agree to disagree, Tristan was damn near averaging a double double, he's a better rebounder than Bosh and a better post defender, Bron would only make him better.

You completely missed the joke my man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
after reading it a second time...... yeah i did
roll.gif

he overpaid for that bum boozer though and has kept him on the team even though gibson out plays him every night. 

You realize that only reinstates his cheapness right? Instead of paying Boozer to leave for the potential improvement of the team, he kept him around because hes owed the money regardless.

Thats actually how I heard he was cheap. Some sports talk show guy mentioned he'll let Boozer play the contract out even if he sucks just because he doesnt want to pay him for nothing.

$65 m? I'd be wildly offended if I was Melo and was offered that. Bulls probably split the check with Melo at dinner. Why is their owner so cheap? I've heard he was cheap before, but this confirms it.
In order to get into the Lakers ballpark, Chicago would have to move Gibson & not bring Mirotic over. So Rose/Butler/Melo/Noah.

Chicago thinks adding Melo to those 3 won't lead to a title.

Melo will not win a ring if he stays in NY.  If he stays, it is about the money.

Also, back to them Spurs. They gave Patty Mills 3 years $12M and Darren Collison got 3 years $16M from the Kings. Mills > Collison, but guess the income tax in CA will equal things out.

i really wish there was no cap sometimes. just to see the "true" value of players

One day maybe. Just because there is no cap, doesn't make it uneven. Balance will come.
The sooner the cap is gone. The sooner things can balance, and the better off NBA will be

no cap will not balance things. at all.

The point isn't to rid the cap so balance will come.
Ridding the cap is for other reasons. Things will be unbalanced for a short short time if at all, and will balance eventually if they so show signs of unbalance after the cap is lifted.

Your statement (whether on purpose I don't know) makes it sound as if I said
"Let's rid the cap to balance things"

This is how people end up debating things irrelevant to the topic at hand, just saying

no cap will not balance things. at all.

The point isn't to rid the cap so balance will come.
Ridding the cap is for other reasons. Things will be unbalanced for a short short time if at all, and will balance eventually if they so show signs of unbalance after the cap is lifted.

Your statement (whether on purpose I don't know) makes it sound as if I said
"Let's rid the cap to balance things"

This is how people end up debating things irrelevant to the topic at hand, just saying

first you said "the sooner the cap is gone, the sooner things balance."

then you said "the point isn't to rid the cap so balance will come".

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom