2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy. We set this standard that if LeBron doesn't win a championship, it's a failure, and then we crush him for trying to put himself in the best position to win a championship
laugh.gif
You got it backwards

Him pursuing these stacked teams is what gives him the championship or bust label

So are you arguing Chris Bosh isn't a more reliable big than Tristan Thompson? I'm confused.

You guys already know LeBron's whiny *** won't go to any team where he doesn't have at least 2 All-Stars next to him
Hope you kidding because this is top 5 wildest post of today.
Let's see what team he goes to and then revisit this topic......

If he stays in Miami (most likely scenario) it's because Bosh and Wade are back, and maybe even Melo.

If he goes to Houston he's with Harden/Howard

If he goes to LA he's got Kobe and he probably brings Melo too

When has Lebron ever whined about his teammates?

I hate him as much as the next man but yall just be making **** up/

Last edited:

When has Lebron ever whined about his teammates?
trolling?

"I'm only one guy," James said during the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. "I took Hedo (Turkoglu) in the first game and Rashard (Lewis) hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't."

:lol:

waiters is an inefficient chucker.

Kyrie plays no defense.

Wiggins can play defense but he's also a 19 year old rookie who's still finding his offensive game.

Bennett, what else needs to be said.

Andy is a walking injury.

Zeller meh.

TT is solid.

In a 7 game series against bulls / pacers / wizards / bobcats

Lebron is going to have to carry them.

Okay, let me try this.

Waiters averaged 16 and 3 in 29 mins on 43% shooting, comparing favorably to Jamal Crawford's 18 and 3 on 41% shooting last year. Yet Crawford is lauded as the quintessential 6th man. Waiters would flourish in that role. Especially playing with Bron.

Kyrie plays lackluster defense, but is without a doubt a top 6 or 7 PG in the league averaging 20, 6, and 3 and is only 22 years old. IN a number two role he would be LETHAL.

Wiggins is the damn number one pick, an athletic freak with all of the defensive potential in the world. Add Bron, dude would receive a lot less pressure to perform offensively and get a lot of open looks. Defensively, Wiggins and Bron's length on the wings would be devastating to opposing wings.

Bennett, obviously was very disappointing. But, he is still the number 1 overall pick with time to prove himself. Homie would be open for days and would not be under such a microscope to perform. He could definitely be a solid 12-15 PPG scorer with 5-6 rebounds in due time. Definitely is a question mark though no doubt.

TT/Andy/Zeller is a solid group of big men but not spectacular I'll give you that. There strength would lie in the backcourt and wings.

And then you got LeBron, who is self explanatory. A top 5 all time talent playing with youth, speed, and potential everywhere on the court. Kyrie/Bron/ and Wiggins would instantly be a fast break and open court nightmare for opposing teams just like the Heat a couple years ago.

Pacers/Bulls/Wizards would have an incredibly tough time scoring with those Cavaliers with those struggle offenses. If those Cavs were in the West than yeah, it would probably take a couple years until they would be real contenders. But in the East, sorry, none of those teams would be definitively better than the Cavs in year one.

Can't believe I just typed all that out defending the ******* Cavs :x :lol:

trolling?

"I'm only one guy," James said during the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. "I took Hedo (Turkoglu) in the first game and Rashard (Lewis) hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't."
Telling the truth ain't whining.

The public critsized Lebron for not a one man team now dude scarred.

Last edited:

You guys already know LeBron's whiny *** won't go to any team where he doesn't have at least 2 All-Stars next to him
Hope you kidding because this is top 5 wildest post of today.
Let's see what team he goes to and then revisit this topic......

If he stays in Miami (most likely scenario) it's because Bosh and Wade are back, and maybe even Melo.

If he goes to Houston he's with Harden/Howard

If he goes to LA he's got Kobe and he probably brings Melo too

Ask yourself, why would he settle for less? He'll be scrutinized wherever he goes, whether they win or not. In that scenario, why wouldn't he go to the best opportunity to win?

People love this narrative of loyalty to a team, because that's what fans used to value. Fans now are results oriented. We gauge players only on championships, and that's it.

Ask yourself, why would he settle for less? He'll be scrutinized wherever he goes, whether they win or not. In that scenario, why wouldn't he go to the best opportunity to win?
of course you wanna choose the best scenario. But telling other teams to build you a championship roster before he will consider going there is a bit selfish and entitled don't you think?  Nobody gets to play on a championship contender every year of their career, no?

Last edited:

why even play a competitive sport if you just want to stack the deck to the point that you can't lose? and more importantly, why should people watch that?

[thread="597358"] [/thread]
of course you wanna choose the best scenario. But telling other teams to build you a championship roster before he will consider going there is a bit selfish and entitled don't you think?  Nobody gets to play on a championship contender every year of your career, no?

Everyone isn't scrutinized for being a loser if they don't win it every year like he does though. If he's going to be scrutinized wise for not winning one, of course he's going to try and be on a team where he had a viable chance to win one every year. That's just common sense.

People love this narrative of loyalty to a team, because that's what fans used to value. Fans now are results oriented. We gauge players only on championships, and that's it.

I actually think people are completely obsessed with numbers. if lebron never left and won there would still be people posting random statistics an claiming imaginary rings are better than anything else. if you place player A on team B they would have won because of their numbers

People in here talk about chris paul being Magic status

why even play a competitive sport if you just want to stack the deck to the point that you can't lose? and more importantly, why should people watch that?
So when other great players had a chance to improve their championship roster they should have told the front offices "naw we too good, we already champs, don't add anymore pieces"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom