2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Carmelo Anthony free agency is a text book example of the "winners curse".

Once you win the bidding, you realize you just won the right to pay Carmelo Anthony 129 million for his the decline phase of his career.

I think Carmelo Anthony 129 mill deal or 97mil deal is basically a gross overpayment for everyone besides the Rockets, the Rockets can justify it because of their proximity to winning a championship and the expiration date of their core but anyone else is making pretty big mistake.

I think y'all are overreacting with Wade

He basically had 2 horrible games

Is Wade declining? Yes

But hes not done yet

LeBron INSTANTLY helps a team's chemistry though. Dude is the best facilitator out there and one of the easiest players to play with. Plus, Bron and Wiggins would be a terror for opposing wings defensively. It definitely wouldn't be a walk in the park, and you are right in year one the Western Conference representative would probably be better. But in the upcoming years the Cavs would be the best situation for him. Kyrie Wiggins and Bennett growing with Bron would be a damn problem.
Of course LeBron effect instantly improves everything. What I'm saying is, I don't think folks have a realistic perception on how difficult it is to actually become contenders. Being the East, I think they would definitely be able to compete though so that's also something to take into account.

I don't think we're in the Melo race after tonight. Too much money to offer that we don't have.

Cleveland Phoenix and Dallas all have meetings with LeBron.

Wade is definitely not done.

His lack of defense in the playoffs though, because he couldn't "slide" or "shuffle" as a defender, tells you just how limited he is though. For sure he can help a team on the offensive end, but defense he's cooked everytime

Last edited:

His lack of defense in the playoffs though, because he couldn't "slide" or "shuffle" as a defender, tells you just how limited he is though. For sure he can help a team on the offensive end, but defense he's cooked everytime
This didn't get enough attention IMO. Dude was Harden level bad defensively.. Offensively he was solid until the finals.. and then people were out with pitch forks.. the first 3 series' he was doing just fine

The Carmelo Anthony free agency is a text book example of the "winners curse".

Once you win the bidding, you realize you just won the right to pay Carmelo Anthony 129 million for his the decline phase of his career.

I think Carmelo Anthony 129 mill deal or 97mil deal is basically a gross overpayment for everyone besides the Rockets, the Rockets can justify it because of their proximity to winning a championship and the expiration date of their core but anyone else is making pretty big mistake.

Chicago?

This didn't get enough attention IMO. Dude was Harden level bad defensively.. Offensively he was solid until the finals.. and then people were out with pitch forks.. the first 3 series' he was doing just fine

Here's the thing with Wade. They played the Bobcats, Nets, and Pacers. Literally 3 bad teams man. Of course he's going to look solid against them. It's like bringing up his regular season statistics when saying Wade still "has it." Have to account for circumstance when evaluating his performances. The issue with Wade is that he literally can't play 55 games in an 82 game season anymore. That, plus he can't consistently be there for Miami in moments of crisis.

I couldn't agree with you more. And the attention that it did get was just people writing him off. If you watch him play you can tell offensively he can still deliver because he dictates what his body does and goes.

On defense he doesn't have the luxury of controlling where his knees go and how fast, and this is what hurts those knees man. Shuffling and **** with bad knees = umm don't do that.

I still think the heat being trash angle is overblown. They would probably beat any other team to come out west. I guess we will never know. I think they would have destroyed OKC. Frizz match up well but don't have the offense. I don't trust the clippers or rockets.

I'm not gonna be happy if we max out melo. But I will say that out of most players in the league I think his game will age EXTREMLY well. That's the only possible silver lining I see.

The only good thing about Melo is that he's a shooter.

So even on his decline can be home a sharp shooter role on a team.

5 years deal nets you 3-4 years of high productively from him I believe.

That isn't the only good thing about Melo. He's a fantastic rebounder for position, extremely durable and well conditioned, relatively efficient (that is, relative to the responsibilities he has for NY offensively), and an underrated passer and defender.

The only good thing about Melo is that he's a shooter.

So even on his decline can be home a sharp shooter role on a team.

5 years deal nets you 3-4 years of high productively from him I believe.
This is the best part of Melo. And why he can play another 10 years productively. He can create his own shot with little effort.

This games translates into a long career. H

Lebron didn't look great defensively in the NBA Finals

The whole Heat defense looked bad

Wade actually had 8 steals in the NBA Finals

Wade actually played alright the first few games of the NBA Finals

Here's the thing with Wade. They played the Bobcats, Nets, and Pacers. Literally 3 bad teams man. Of course he's going to look solid against them. It's like bringing up his regular season statistics when saying Wade still "has it." Have to account for circumstance when evaluating his performances. The issue with Wade is that he literally can't play 55 games in an 82 game season anymore. That, plus he can't consistently be there for Miami in moments of crisis.
Those 3 teams are pretty good defensively though, so your point is sort of irrelevant

I still think the heat being trash angle is overblown. They would probably beat any other team to come out west. I guess we will never know. I think they would have destroyed OKC. Frizz match up well but don't have the offense. I don't trust the clippers or rockets.

I think they'd have beat ALL of them.

CLippers slight chance

Mavericks slight chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom