2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm too excited by what I'm hearing from the Clippers as far as FA signings go. Spencer Hawes and Paul Peirce, maybe re-sign Baby, Granger and Collison. Doesn't make us better than last year. I like Pierce, and he'd be an upgrade over any of our current SFs, but its hard from me to feel like a guy who is the same age as me is going to put us over the top.

This free agency special on ESPN 2.. Windhordst looks like he just knows he's living the life. Dude is so nonchalant like, my life is ******* awesome

Last edited:
Can't say I'm too excited by what I'm hearing from the Clippers as far as FA signings go. Spencer Hawes and Paul Peirce, maybe re-sign Baby, Granger and Collison. Doesn't make us better than last year. I like Pierce, and he'd be an upgrade over any of our current SFs, but its hard from me to feel like a guy who is the same age as me is going to put us over the top.

Pierce should be able to help the clips in the clutch.

LMAO! They Clowning The Knicks. Saying Cleanthony Early Will Make The Pitch To Melo 
laugh.gif

Ian Begley ESPN.com

"As the Bulls prepared for their Tuesday meeting with Carmelo Anthony, some members of the team’s hierarchy were pessimistic about Chicago’s chances of landing Anthony.

“They’re worried that he’s headed back to New York,” a source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said of early Tuesday morning. “They’re more pessimistic than optimistic.”

Knicks' Top Summer Targets

The Knicks clearly need help. Our NBA experts came up with the master list of free agents they're chasing this summer.
Photo Gallery Photo Gallery Top 25 Knicks Photo Gallery

The source wasn’t speaking for the entire Chicago front office, just a small segment. So there is reason to believe that not all members of the team’s hierarchy shared this opinion.

Also, the Tuesday meeting between Anthony and the Bulls may change this perception among Chicago decision-makers.

But the idea that a portion of the team’s front office was pessimistic about its chances to land Anthony bodes well for New York.

ESPN.com’s Marc Stein reported over the weekend that the Knicks were quietly confident about their chances of re-signing Anthony due in part to the idea that Anthony and team president Phil Jackson have “connected” somewhat.

Anthony has also stated that it will be difficult for him to uproot his family from New York to another city. And the Knicks, as we all know, can offer Anthony a max contract worth $129 million over five years. It is unclear at this point if the Knicks will offer Anthony a maximum contract.
Other teams can offer Anthony a max deal of $96 million over four years.

Anthony is expected to meet with Dallas and Houston on Wednesday and Los Angeles on Thursday.

Chicago doesn’t currently have the cap space to sign Anthony to a maximum contract. The Bulls can create that cap space by moving players but the more likely scenario to obtain Anthony is via a sign and trade. The Rockets are in the same position.

The Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers have enough money to offer Anthony a max contract. But Dallas owner Mark Cuban said last week that the Mavericks were not planning on offering any max deals."

Melo only goes back to NY if he doesnt want a ring its really that simple

in b4 Knicks fans say hes not gonna win one in Houston or Chicago :rofl:

they are hell of a lot closer to a championship than the Knicks will ever be in the next 5 years.

just being honest.

This the same Detroit that paid BG 10 mill a year to come off the Bench and Charlie V 6 mill and year to come off the bench.......

ESPN brought up a good point, Lakers have a ton of cap room and Kobe Bryant.. yet nobody gives a damn and nobody wants to go there (or is talking about going there). Says something about the state of that organization right now, says something about Mr. Bryant too

ESPN brought up a good point, Lakers have a ton of cap room and Kobe Bryant.. yet nobody gives a damn and nobody wants to go there (or is talking about going there). Says something about the state of that organization right now, says something about Mr. Bryant too
Yeah it says no one is going to sign with a team, big market or not if the roster sucks. The Lakers are like three years from being a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom