2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antic only played as much as he did because of Horford's season ending injury. Brand is a much better interior defender and rebounder, which the Hawks need much more than shooting (they already have plenty).

I agree Schroder isn't very good, never stated otherwise. I'll take Mack's 3-to-1 AST/TO ratio all day for a backup PG.

Freak pec injuries > recurring big man foot injuries.

If you think Lou Williams was a good bench scorer for the Hawks last year you didn't follow the NBA much. Dude was a complete detriment to the team when he was on the floor. I'll take a hard Bazemore for $2m/year over a hurt Lou Will at $5m/year all day.

Cleanthony is a rookie, completely unproven and won't even see the court much (at least he shouldn't). Amare can't stay on the court. JR Smith hurts the Knicks more than he helps them. Hardaway Jr is a nice player, no doubt.

We can just wait till the season gets going to continue this discussion, I'll be very curious to see what the Knicks and Nets fans excuses are when their teams suck :lol:  

You gotta chill

With Al Horford and Elton Brand back, Antic is now 3rd string. Same with Schroder, he was already 3rd string for the majority of the season after Shelvin Mack took over the backup PG duties.

But hey, y'all are totally right. The Knicks and Nets will both get better after adding no real talent and still having no depth, but somehow the Hawks get worse getting an All Star PF/C back. Makes sense.

elton brand [emoji]128533[/emoji] , knicks finally got a pg to run some systems calderon whose D sucks though , they got shumpert, hdw jr , jr smith , melo amare in contract year , their only issue is their backup front line , how is hawks roster better ?

nets had elite roster they didnt need to add anything , they lost pierce n livingston and got jarrett and brookback

Debating who's going to better between the Knicks and Hawks, huh? So basically, which team is less mediocre. Compelling stuff.

Man, y'all are so delusional it's unreal...

The only good depth that the Knicks have is that the 2. They have NOTHING besides their 2 guards and Melo. I like Calderon offensively, but will he even be allowed to excel with Melo on the court? Sure, Melo is all excited right now about the triangle and being able to pick his spots better, but we all know Melo isn't going to change his playing style at this point.

The Nets were already elite...? 
laugh.gif
 That's a good one, now I know you're trolling. Livingston was twice the player Jack was last year in Win Shares per 48 and he comfortably played both guard spots, allowing the God known as Joe Johnson to play the 3 more. Can Jack replicate that? Can a big man with a recurring foot injury stay healthy? Ask Yao Ming or Bill Walton.

Debating who's going to better between the Knicks and Hawks, huh? So basically, which team is less mediocre. Compelling stuff.

No okc or spurs in the east, its good conversation since the east is wide open

Unlike in the west we most likely know the outcome :rolleyes

^^^ The East is a toe team race between Cleveland and Chicago. Everyone else is playing for 3rd or worse. The West is more open than that.

With Al Horford and Elton Brand back, Antic is now 3rd string. Same with Schroder, he was already 3rd string for the majority of the season after Shelvin Mack took over the backup PG duties.

But hey, y'all are totally right. The Knicks and Nets will both get better after adding no real talent and still having no depth, but somehow the Hawks get worse getting an All Star PF/C back. Makes sense.

:lol: the nets were deep last year. KG sat on back to backs and EVERYONEs minutes were limited (except for Johnson) and we were really good in 2014. We lost Livingston, Pierce and Blatche. Added Jarrett Jack (who was in a universally terrible situation last year), Brook Lopez, Bojan Bogdanovic (really good Euro player who went off during the World Cup). Considering we were 10 deep last year - depth is the last thing the Nets are worried about. Health and coaching is all I'm concerned with.

The Hawks are better than the Knicks and Nets, that's not even a debate.

Brook Lopez, Deron Williams and KG will all miss significant time. Joe Johnson will keep being Joe Johnson and I don't mean that in a good way.

The Knicks have a rookie HC and a flat out bad team. Melo will be Melo. Calderon will play well for them, but their depth (or lack thereof) at the 3, 4, & 5 will ruin them.

:lol: This Net hate kills me. Can't wait to shut everyone up.

Joe Johnson was efficient and a beast last year. Ask Toronto fans if they want Joe Johnson to keep being Joe Johnson. 45%, 40% from 3, while effortlessly switching between post up threat and spot up threat depending on the night + hitting countless clutch shots + absolutely crushing in the playoffs is no joke.

I like the Hawks but if they're better than the Nets next year, things have gone horribly, horribly wrong for us.
Joe was the best SG in the eastern conference playoffs last year, and that was BY FAR his best playoff run ever. He showcased a complete offensive repertoire. It was nice to watch.

Last edited:
Bosh never fell off, he just got less touches

But people look at his numbers & jump to conclusion
Makes sense to me. Bosh is one of the most underappreciated players of this era. Mostly because yall like making so many damn gay jokes about the dude. That is all folks really talk about when it comes to Bosh.

I hope he cooks this year so people can truly understand how much he sacrificed for that team.

nets had elite roster they didnt need to add anything , they lost pierce n livingston and got jarrett and brookback
They lost Blatche too to China. Who's going to be playing the other wing spot? Alan Anderson? Jarret Jack was looking really washed after he left GSW. Shaun Livingston played the 2, backup PG, and against small 3s. He defended the best guards/wings on the opposing team. Brooke is a great addition, but if you're a Nets fan you should know how big Livingston was for the team last year

No okc or spurs in the east, its good conversation since the east is wide open

Unlike in the west we most likely know the outcome :rolleyes

East is not wide open. If the Cavs stay healthy they are representing the East in the Finals. Book it. No team in the east is beating Lebron, Kyrie, and K Love 4 out of 7.

The West is more wide open than the east with OKC, SAS, Clips, Blazers, Houston, all viable options for representing the west although I do believe the Clippers make that jump this year though.

IDK why people have the Knicks making the playoffs. They're a 32-36 win team this year.
That Amare/Bargnani front court 
sick.gif
 vs Love/Varejao

Vs Noah/Gasol

vs Gortat/Nene

Good luck with rebounds

That Amare/Bargnani front court :x  vs Love/Varejao
                                                        Vs Noah/Gasol
                                                         vs Gortat/Nene

Good luck with rebounds

Amare and Barganani won't be playing together or starting together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom