2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you love watching the hawks play live?

But you still havent told me what your favorite tyler perry movie is?

laugh.gif

Somebodies team needs to die for the the inevitable rebirth of the sonics
nthat.gif

A racially insensitive email written by Levenson more than two years ago came to light only after one of his co-owners called for an investigation because of something that was included in a potential free-agent target's background report that was read aloud by team general manager Danny Ferry.

During the meeting, Ferry read a comment written by a source outside the organization that included a racist remark. According to multiple sources, Ferry did not fully edit the remark as he read it off the report.
Sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne on Monday that the player involved was Miami Heat swingman Luol Deng, who held free-agent discussions with the Hawks in July before signing with the Heat in the wake of LeBron James' return to Cleveland.

The specific nature of Ferry's comments regarding Deng were not immediately known, but Koonin told the newspaper that the comment troubled others in the meeting, saying'': This is wrong. This should not be said. It's not appropriate in any world but not a post-Sterling world."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11486641/atlanta-hawks-upheaval-3-months-making

There are actually a lot of blacks at Grizz games as well. It may not be AS MANY blacks, but I would say its about a 50/50 split. I mean, Memphis is primarily a black city.

That doesn't give corporations in Atlanta an excuse not to buy more tickets, though. I guess the biggest difference is that the only color everyone cares about inside the FedEx Forum is Beale Street Blue. Saying all of this, a lot of things he said in the letter are true.

how you own a team in Chocolate city II and crying about to many blacks coming to games?

Last edited:
Detroit, Miami, New Orleans and Memphis all have higher black populations than Atlanta, though.

I did not know the Hawks only had black cheerleaders :lol: and played all hip hop. At the end of the day, you need some sort of diversity and that's just the way it should be. I'm sure if we played all hip hop and gospel at the Grizz games, there would start to be some complaints.

When the Grizz first came to Memphis, they had like 2-3 male dancers as well. :rofl: After about 3-4 years, I think enough people complained about them so they stopped having male dancers. There's no telling what type of comments came from that. :lol:

Last edited:
Detroit, Miami, New Orleans and Memphis all have higher black populations than Atlanta, though.

I did not know the Hawks only had black cheerleaders :lol: and played all hip hop. At the end of the day, you need some sort of diversity and that's just the way it should be. I'm sure if we played all hip hop and gospel at the Grizz games, there would start to be some complaints.

When the Grizz first came to Memphis, they had like 2-3 male dancers as well. :rofl: After about 3-4 years, I think enough people complained about them so they stopped having male dancers. There's no telling what type of comments came from that. :lol:
Pistons don't play in Detroit tho. I'm sure attendance would double if they did tho. I know so many dudes that won't go because auburn hills police are pulling everybody over. It's a 35+ minute drive depending on what part of the city u coming from. I love going to the palace tho

Pistons don't play in Detroit tho. I'm sure attendance would double if they did tho. I know so many dudes that won't go because auburn hills police are pulling everybody over. It's a 35+ minute drive depending on what part of the city u coming from. I love going to the palace tho

Meh I doubt it has anything to do with police or the drive, ****** just be talking. I have season tix to the pistons, its not hard to get there and i rarely see anybody pulled over by the boys. If it moved to Detroit I think attendance would suffer or stay the same. I doubt it would double. It'd be just fine if the team was better.

I'm assuming Ferry said ******. or some other mr. bojangles, bama racial **** about the fans and/or Deng

Last edited:
Meh I doubt it has anything to do with police or the drive, ****** just be talking. I have season tix to the pistons, its not hard to get there and i rarely see anybody pulled over by the boys. If it moved to Detroit I think attendance would suffer or stay the same. I doubt it would double. It'd be just fine if the team was better.
I work in Warren I drive out to great lakes And them dudes do be pulling dudes over. And if yo **** ain't legit it's adios. Tickets is dirt cheap dudes just ain't gon take that drive esprit suspended Ls

Doug Smith of the Toronto Star: But to be ejected from the NBA for this? In 2005, after the Malice at the Palace brawl, the league hired George W. Bush pollster Matthew Dowd to help reconnect the league’s fans (largely white) to its players (largely black) after focus groups reportedly saw too many players as “thugs.” Before he was commissioner, David Stern was told by newspaper columnists that America would always see the NBA as “too black.” The NBA has had to walk this electrified third rail for decades. All Bruce Levenson did was put the sell job in broad, brutish terms, without speaking in code. In Atlanta the Braves are moving to a new stadium. As The Associated Press put it in November, “(the Braves) will be moving from an area that’s predominantly black and relatively poor compared to whiter Cobb County — where the team says more ticket-buyers live.” How is that different? It’s calculating based on both class and race, to maximize your money. You can bet every sports franchise does extensive market research. Bruce Levenson was just unfiltered enough to put the ideas in an email. But Adam Silver’s NBA is pushing him out, and other owners are surely employing very thorough and professional people to sanitize and destroy any lasting ideas that could come back to offend. Because now owners are subject to this different standard, and who knows what else is lurking up there, in the clouds? You could reasonably argue that there has never been a truly bad time to be a billionaire with racist leanings, or at least the propensity to say what’s really on your mind, because the arc of justice rarely reached that high. Until, apparently, today’s NBA.

I work in Warren I drive out to great lakes And them dudes do be pulling dudes over. And if yo **** ain't legit it's adios. Tickets is dirt cheap dudes just ain't gon take that drive esprit suspended Ls

oh yea fasho, no L's is a no go in most spots, gotta keep 10 and 2 in the slow lane, try and blend in lol

Doug Smith of the Toronto Star: But to be ejected from the NBA for this? In 2005, after the Malice at the Palace brawl, the league hired George W. Bush pollster Matthew Dowd to help reconnect the league’s fans (largely white) to its players (largely black) after focus groups reportedly saw too many players as “thugs.” Before he was commissioner, David Stern was told by newspaper columnists that America would always see the NBA as “too black.” The NBA has had to walk this electrified third rail for decades. All Bruce Levenson did was put the sell job in broad, brutish terms, without speaking in code. In Atlanta the Braves are moving to a new stadium. As The Associated Press put it in November, “(the Braves) will be moving from an area that’s predominantly black and relatively poor compared to whiter Cobb County — where the team says more ticket-buyers live.” How is that different? It’s calculating based on both class and race, to maximize your money. You can bet every sports franchise does extensive market research. Bruce Levenson was just unfiltered enough to put the ideas in an email. But Adam Silver’s NBA is pushing him out, and other owners are surely employing very thorough and professional people to sanitize and destroy any lasting ideas that could come back to offend. Because now owners are subject to this different standard, and who knows what else is lurking up there, in the clouds? You could reasonably argue that there has never been a truly bad time to be a billionaire with racist leanings, or at least the propensity to say what’s really on your mind, because the arc of justice rarely reached that high. Until, apparently, today’s NBA.
No ones trying to hear any of this. Its a bad situation all around, but the guy was looking at cold hard facts and trying to figure out why that team doesnt fill seats, a question that NT has posed time and time again. Its always empty in there, ALWAYS. They were GIVING AWAY playoff tickets this post season, they had floor seats for a playoff game going for $500. Something wasnt and isnt right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom