2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Lost to Arizona in the Sweet 16 in Anaheim.

OK. Guess his short tourney run is what got the Cavs to take him number 1. That and the lack of another player clearly worthy of the first pick.

Last edited:
Waiters needs to just accept his destiny as an off the bench scorer.

200x200px-ZC-484334ba_Chief-Keef-Sued-Charity-Event.-NAH.jpeg
Staggering your rotations to put a player that can score/create off the dribble on the second unit isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Unless you want to rely on Delladova, Miller and Thompson to generate points.

Dan Gilbert isn't complaining about this Big 3. Where's Silver to void this trade?

The NBA doesn't own teams here to veto any trades.

And plus, they're giving up two #1 overall players, and another 1st round pick. I think that's as fair as can be for both teams.

Staggering your rotations to put a player that can score/create off the dribble on the second unit isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Unless you want to rely on Delladova, Miller and Thompson to generate points.

He's stated he's altering his game to play along side Lebron. He acknowledges he's going to be scoring less...going into his third year here, he's earned his starting role.

I know the Cavs got their big 3 but I really love this trade for Minny

Wiggins, Bennett, Lavine w/ Rubio running point is a beautiful starting point. They'll lose a ton this year but also be fun as hell to watch

You couldn't ask for a better trade if you're a Wolves fan

Last edited:

He's stated he's altering his game to play along side Lebron. He acknowledges he's going to be scoring less...going into his third year here, he's earned his starting role.
I'd much rather be the off the bench spark guy then whatever it is Waiters is going to do starting. Son might touch the ball 1out of every 12 possessions

The Cavs man
:rolleyes

They just signed Miller and Jones. Ray Allen might sign on as well.
Cleveland will have a pretty decent team

Dan Gilbert isn't complaining about this Big 3. Where's Silver to void this trade?

You have to remember, Lebron is on the decline, Kyrie isn't a top PG, and Love is not a top PF and is completely 100% useless on defense.

Right guys?

even if he might have earned a starting role, why should he start if the team may be much more balance and better overall, if he doesn't. he sounds extremely selfish to me, especially how he's expecting to start next year.

Bazz will never be good

Bazz can be good. He just needs PT. He played 7.8 mpg last season while playing 37 games. No one can show you what they can do in that time.
If you give him 30 mpg he can easily average 15 & 5.
Not that it matters but in the d league he averages 24 & 9 while playing 27 mpg and shooting 57%

Last edited:
Dion as the 6th man/2nd leader unit makes too much sense... especially with Love coming in. He might have earned it, but it could be better for the team if he's just the 6th man scoring punch.

As for the trade, I'm glad it's over with. Their defense might be a concern at first, but we'll see what they can do about that... it'll especially be bad if they start Dion. I really like Wiggins, I liked the idea of him playing alongside Lebron... but giving him the reigns in Minny will have it's benefits too.

With the Cavs, you don't want to get caught with the same "problem" Miami had... 3 max contract guys won't leave you with a ton of room to add pieces. But if that results in winning 2/4 championships, I think Cleveland and most of us would take that "problem" in an instant :lol:

Regardless, I'm just ready to see this all come together.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the trade for Love...at best Wiggins will be Clyde Drexler. Which is really, really, really good... but Lebron is 29. He's got what 3-4 elite years left until his skills start to fade. It might take Wiggins that long to become Drexler or Lebron's Pippen. With Love you get a 25 year old established stud that puts you in the championship chase for at least the next 3-5 years.

Nevertheless, the Cavs are eventually gonna run into the same thing the heat did...3 stars making big money is going to make it difficult to fill in the blanks with needed role players to win chips. If Tristan continues to improve he's gonna want his money, Mike Miller has one maybe two years left, Ray Allen the same (if he signs). The cavs have got to have capable role players if they want to bring home a chip.

Dion as the 6th man/2nd leader unit makes too much sense... especially with Love coming in. He might have earned it, but it could be better for the team if he's just the 6th man scoring punch.

As for the trade, I'm glad it's over with. Their defense might be a concern at first, but we'll see what they can do about that... it'll especially be bad if they start Dion. I really like Wiggins, I liked the idea of him playing alongside Lebron... but giving him the reigns in Minny will have it's benefits too.

With the Cavs, you don't want to get caught with the same "problem" Miami had... 3 max contract guys won't leave you with a ton of room to add pieces. But if that results in winning 2/4 championships, I think Cleveland and most of us would take that "problem" in an instant :lol:

Regardless, I'm just ready to see this all come together.

I agree, actually. I wouldn't mind if he does come off the bench - but for Mike Miller or James Jones, that isn't better alternative.

But if you sign Ray Allen, than you start him right away.

My dude finallyfamous finallyfamous doing a good job of hiding his frustration about just having dropped 100 bucks on a Wiggins Cavs jersey last week.

Hope you kept that receipt brah.

I kept the tag on bro.

:lol: I would just keep it to be honest, it'll be a collectors piece down the line for sure..

I'm not a fan of this trade. That's just me. I feel like the Cavs could've had their cake and ate it too if they just held out this year and tried to sign Love next year. I really think Wiggins is the goods, and were getting robbed of seeing him and LeBron on the same team. This will definitely allow Wiggins to shine though.

Rubio to Lavine and Wiggins. :pimp: Even if they still suck, at least they'll be entertaining.

I like how their roster is shaping up though with adding Wiggins and Thaddeus. I'm intrigued about Pek though because Dieng was a monster last year and can play defense.

I'm not a fan of this trade. That's just me. I feel like the Cavs could've had their cake and ate it too if they just held out this year and tried to sign Love next year. I really think Wiggins is the goods, and were getting robbed of seeing him and LeBron on the same team. This will definitely allow Wiggins to shine though.

100% with you but I dont think Wigg & Bron would mesh that well. I dont think it would be possible for Wigg to thrive playing with a demanding player like Lebron.
He'll do good in Minny and after his rookie contract is up he'll go wherever he wants to go.
There's a silver lining to every situation

Last edited:

Part of the Cavaliers’ motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn’t have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.

Cavs couldn't sit on their hands with this one. Even if they did have the space, Cleveland wouldn't be the only team vying for Love. You can't assume he would sign with the Cavs just because they got Lebron. Not just saying this because I'm a Wolves fan. I'm a firm believer in being proactive and relying on what you know instead of assuming things are the same in the future, when in reality there is tons of uncertainty that comes along with waiting.

Last edited:

I agree 100%.

I do think Wiggins would have thrived with Lebron mainly because Lebron is the smartest player on the planet. They would have made it work out. Thinking about Wiggins athletic ability, just imagine him slashing to the rim and on the break :x . You actually want Wiggins on a team where he doesn't have to handle the ball as much (at least during the early part of his career). I would have liked to see him continue to develop defensively and become an elite slasher, then slowly developed a game as a creator. In Minnesota, he will end up having to do a lot more and a lot more mistakes will come from it.

So is the LeBron James back to Cleveland such a "great story" now that he's formulating his super team like he did in Miami? :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom