2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
That x-Ray looks worse then it really is, if you gonna break a bone, that was the best possible one cause it was a clean break....the bones will fuse and actually become stronger then pre-injury

Yeah, it's a break - and a bad one at that - but that's a whole lot better than tendon or ligament damage. He'll have surgery and then the bones will fuse and they'll be at least as strong as before. It's going to be a while but he'll be back.

How has dwight not been dominant tho? Doewnt he always lead the league n rebs without even trying. Hes a dominant post presence. Dudes r jus mad hes not hakeem or kareem i guess. Even tho hes not even 7 ft
I'd prefer dominant like Shaq not Kareem or Hakeem.

I dunno, if he's been dominant consistently it's a different kind that somehow isn't constantly affecting the outcome of games for the better of his team. I just feel he can be better and his team can help a great deal as well in making that happen. Rockets should be a top 4 seed if Dwight's doing what he's suppose to more times than not.

if he doesn't make team USA it's because they want nothing but athleticism out of their bigs and plan to do their scoring with all of the perimeter guys. It's the style of play, not a question of his talent
Semi-true. If you da best at your position and you try out for the squad, you should make it b

After that PG accident, as a basketball player if I see Coach K show up at any basketball court I'm on, I'm leaving.

I dunno, if he's been dominant consistently it's a different kind that somehow isn't constantly affecting the outcome of games for the better of his team. I just feel he can be better and his team can help a great deal as well in making that happen. Rockets should be a top 4 seed if Dwight's doing what he's suppose to more times than not.

Somehow it's a slight against Dwight that he isn't Shaq, literally the most dominant player of the last 25 years.

Dwight's the best center in the league by default though. Not that he isn't a really good player but the Cs in 2nd or 3rd place aren't that close to dude and that's more about the quality of Cs in the league than how great Dwight is.

You can't win with Melo as your #1 option.

We all know that.

Curious as to who you would consider you can win with as a #1 option outside of LeBron and Durant.
37a9eb77-2027-4e42-be69-a5fdfe694a6e-460x276.jpeg
So if you put Kiwi on the Jazz right now they're in the finals? :lol:

Somehow it's a slight against Dwight that he isn't Shaq, literally the most dominant player of the last 25 years.
It's a slight because I believe he can be as dominant as him but isn't.

Cuz he isn't and isn't winning (especially since moving to a much better team) he'll get these kind of criticisms.

Last edited:
Lol chilll. Boogie had one good season and i dont have #s but ibdoubt it was much if any better than D12 first healthy season comin off the back probs
Howard last year: 18.3ppg 12.2rpg 1.8apg 1.8bpg      PER: 21.3

Cousins last year: 22.7ppg 11.7rpg 2.9apg 1.3bpg     PER: 26.1

per 36min:
Howard: 18.3ppg 12.9rpg
Cousins: 25.3ppg 13.0rpg

Not to mention Howard isn't going to get any better, Cousins is only 23 years old. Please tell me how right now, today, Dwight Howard is the better NBA center

Last edited:

per 36min:

Not to mention Howard isn't going to get any better, Cousins is only 23 years old. Please tell me how right now, today, Dwight Howard is the better Center in the NBA
Dwight Howard can anchor a team defensively.

That alone makes him more valuable than Cousins right now.

^Well he did just say Cousins had one good season. All you did was post stats from what he thinks is that one good season :lol:

Last edited:

per 36min:

Not to mention Howard isn't going to get any better, Cousins is only 23 years old. Please tell me how right now, today, Dwight Howard is the better NBA center

Put Dwight on that trash *** Kings team and he'll avg 25 and 25.

Kings suck, cousins numbers are a result of that

per 36min:

Not to mention Howard isn't going to get any better, Cousins is only 23 years old. Please tell me how right now, today, Dwight Howard is the better Center in the NBA
Dwight Howard can anchor a team defensively.

That alone makes him more valuable than Cousins right now.
Last season Defensive Rating:
Howard - 101

Cousins - 101

But yes, nobody will argue Howard is a better defender/shot blocker.  Not a big enough difference to make him a better player.  And i'll add one more thing, he can't guard Cousins

^Well he did just say Cousins had one good season. All you did was post stats from what he thinks is that one good season
laugh.gif
Yes i did, because they also claimed that right now in 2014 Howard is a better center. which is not the case.

Last edited:
Exactly. Those are his career best. Now compare dwigts career best or his season when he was 23. Had the magic won that title dwight would have a whole dif aurora. Matter fact let him jus eventually win one and the revisionist historians will have this dude as a top 50 all timer

Unless you're Anthony Davis, I can't really give much weight to Cousins' defensive rating considering his team was a dumpster fire

You can be an elite defender on a terrible team (like Davis), but Cousins isn't there

Exactly. Those are his career best. Now compare dwigts career best or his season when he was 23. Had the magic won that title dwight would have a whole dif aurora. Matter fact let him jus eventually win one and the revisionist historians will have this dude as a top 50 all timer
ok, Dwight at age 23:

20.6ppg 13.8rpg 1.4apg 2.9bpg

per 36min: 20.7ppg 13.9rpg      

So there you go. In Dwight's BEST season, it's still not definitively better

Last edited:

Unless you're Anthony Davis, I can't really give much weight to Cousins' defensive rating considering his team was a dumpster fire

You can be an elite defender on a terrible team (like Davis), but Cousins isn't there

Bingo.
You guys should have seen the Kings defense in the 10+ games Cousins missed last year. It was major difference. And by the way they won exactly ZERO of those games

I'll take 18PPG on 59% shooting along with Elite defense over the Emotional Lesbian's 22PPG on 49% shooting.

I'll take 18PPG on 59% shooting along with Elite defense over the Emotional Lesbian's 22PPG on 49% shooting.
i think it could be argued that Howard is just as much of an emotional Lesbian.  Have you been under a rock for the last 3 years?

Last edited:

You guys should have seen the Kings defense in the 10+ games Cousins missed last year. It was major difference. And by the way they won exactly ZERO of those games
With or without Cousins, you won just a bit over zero games. The Kings would have been a dumpster fire in the East. The East.

At 23, Howard was already leading the Magic to title contention and winning back-to-back-to-back Defensive Player of the Year awards. That's 3 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom