2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea let's hire that guy who wears choppa suits, gets his hair braided during games, and doesn't like to talk about practice. Ideal candidate

His style preference has nothing to do with his basketball IQ. I doubt he's ever a HC, but he could be an assistant one day.

Rod Strickland is an assistant coach. Anythings possible.

The same could have been said about Sheed, before his stint with the Knicks.

Coaches regularly raved about Sheed's basketball IQ. How he knew every play in the playbook for every position on the team. His defense was gamechanging and showed a deep understanding of the game. He was able to play past his prime because of that. With the Knicks, he was a great veteran presence.

You can't say any of that about AI.

RT @WojYahooNBA: Tony Parker has signed a contract extension with the Spurs, team says.

None of us know anything about AI's knowledge of the game. 

Everyone's running on the whole "practice" thing and his public image. You can't have one of the most storied careers in basketball and NOT have something to offer to younger players. 

washington
laugh.gif

stay mad brahs

Source: Reddit
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Hey Washington State 

LMAOOOOOO STAY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at California hating the Lakers
iZqT5pBea4xqI.gif

Last edited:
:smile:

cheese loving bastards :lol:
]

I don't get the Clipper hate in that segment of the South. Plus, the Clippers are way more hated in the Los Angeles area than the Lakers are. Finally, I'm sure the Heat became instantly less hated as soon as LeBron bailed. So basically, I'm saying that map is kind of dumb.

None of us know anything about AI's knowledge of the game. 

Everyone's running on the whole "practice" thing and his public image. You can't have one of the most storied careers in basketball and NOT have something to offer to younger players. 

That's all true, but historically, guys who had transcendent natural talent, as is the case with AI, have not made the best coaches. The best players-turned-coaches have been the less talented guys who had to really become students of the game to get by.

So, I have my doubts about coaching turning out to be a successful venture for Iverson, but I'd be perfectly happy if he proves me wrong.

I love AI, but if he truly had something to give back to younger players he'd probably be on a roster right now. Maybe it's because he's older and he now realizes it, but his ego got in the way of reality late in his career. There is no way that you can't tell me that he couldn't have been a spark off the bench for some NBA team as he entered his mid-30's when his career was winding down. I think there are reasons why guys like Jason Terry and Paul Pierce are still collecting NBA checks as their playing days come to a close.

That's all true, but historically, guys who had transcendent natural talent, as is the case with AI, have not made the best coaches. The best players-turned-coaches have been the less talented guys who had to really become students of the game to get by.

So, I have my doubts about coaching turning out to be a successful venture for Iverson, but I'd be perfectly happy if he proves me wrong.
Who said he was out to be the next Phil Jackson?

It's a job on the staff. Just like Strickland or Sheed. 

AI gon be coaching the And 1 asian tour that quality coaching  experience
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I love AI, but if he truly had something to give back to younger players he'd probably be on a roster right now. Maybe it's because he's older and he now realizes it, but his ego got in the way of reality late in his career. There is no way that you can't tell me that he couldn't have been a spark off the bench for some NBA team as he entered his mid-30's when his career was winding down. I think there are reasons why guys like Jason Terry and Paul Pierce are still collecting NBA checks as their playing days come to a close.

Kinda hard to compare them to AI tho because he's an All Time talent so his mentality is probably different from theirs.

Has anybody with the individual success Iverson had ever come off the bench late in their career, no BS srs question ?

]

I don't get the Clipper hate in that segment of the South. Plus, the Clippers are way more hated in the Los Angeles area than the Lakers are. Finally, I'm sure the Heat became instantly less hated as soon as LeBron bailed. So basically, I'm saying that map is kind of dumb.

Grizzlies? and maybe Mississippi is just collateral damage :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom