2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference between 32 and 25.
There's no difference in two knees injuries tho. Wade only tore his meniscus which is what caused most his problems. I'm not saying he won't get back to his old self I'm not go. a doubt anybody but it's gonna take a while if he still has the same athletic ability he had before

When someone says "back better than ever" it doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to rely on what made him as successful as before. Rose may not have the same athletic ability but he can easily become a better player by playing smarter, making better basketball decisions on the court, improving his jump shot/efficiency, adding to assist totals, etc.

The dude just missed 3 seasons and had 2 knee surgeries how do you know he's back to 95%? Just because somebody says something about roses injuries and says he might not be the same dosent mean there a hater

Lol i wasnt adressing you. There are plentyyyy of haters in this thread. D rose suit jokes. Wheelchair jokes. Career washed etc etc.. Hes 25. Medicine inparticular arthoscopic stuff is milessss ahead of where it was in the Penny hardaway days.

Kyle Korver: An Offense Unto Himself

How the Hawks sharpshooter became one of the most uniquely valuable players in the NBA

http://grantland.com/features/kyle-korver-nba-atlanta-hawks/

*Paging Kev.
I'll never forget that Portland game where the plan from Terry Stots was just "End Kyle Korvers Streak" They had two guys on him at all times it was madness. Dude looked so sad when it was all over too

Still mad at Mike B for not playing him in the 4th though.

Last edited:
Biggest reason rose won mvp is because two of his starters (booze, noah) missed significant time and he carried an already shaky offense to 60+ wins. That was the deciding factor. People want to compare his numbers to westbrook or Lebron but those guys were playing with harden, durant, bosh, and wade.

I wanted that streak to continue

If terry stots did do that then he's a scum bag

Stop it. Why would u want it to continue? He's not on ur team.

"Let's make sure we let Korver hit a 3 to continue his streak. We don't wanna be that team to end his streak"

Riiighhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttt

Biggest reason rose won mvp is because two of his starters (booze, noah) missed significant time and he carried an already shaky offense to 60+ wins. That was the deciding factor. People want to compare his numbers to westbrook or Lebron but those guys were playing with harden, durant, bosh, and wade.

Taj and Asik on the bench.

Timeout. How you going to be MVP but not top 5 in the league?

The MVP award defaults you as top 5 in the league.

Ya'll got logic or nah?

From Anthony Schoettle of the Indianapolis Business Journal:

Shortly after 1 p.m., James got the message out on social media (he also tweeted it) that he has chosen to wear No. 23 next season and, within minutes, Adidas officials confirmed they were setting up all 20 printing machines at the company’s Indianapolis licensing unit to crank out James replica jerseys and T-shirts bearing the player’s name and number. …

The presses in Indianapolis were running off James gear by 6 p.m. Normally, this time of year, the Indianapolis Adidas plant would be printing about six different runs, including general NBA merchandise, college football and Major League Soccer items. In addition to those things, local plant officials said items for two international soccer teams—Argentina and Germany—and World Cup soccer items had to be set aside to focus on James shirts and jerseys.

This week marked the first time the entire Indianapolis plant was dedicated to making items of a single player since Brett Favre joined the Minnesota Vikings in 2009.

Taj and Asik anchored the best defensive 2nd unit in the league. Korver and Watson rounded out the best bench in the league. Deng, Boozer and Noah were damn good that year.

At the time, it looked like Rose was carrying that team to 62 wins so I have no provlem with him winning MVP. But in hindsight, that team had a ridiculously good bench, 3 really good starters including one DPOY and considering Chicago management gave everyone away after Rose got hurt - those teams were still good. Clearly Thibs and their balance/depth had a lot to do with that record.

Timeout. How you going to be MVP but not top 5 in the league?

The MVP award defaults you as top 5 in the league.

Ya'll got logic or nah?

No it doesn't!

Oh, ok.

So I guess an NBA Championship doesn't make you the best team in the league either.
I don't know where you're going with that logic. But OK.

A MVP and A Championship are two completely different things.

I don't know where you were going with your initial logic. But OK.

The MVP is given to the most valuable guy in the league. You know, the guy who's overall play was so much better than everyone else's that he's awarded for it?

You know, top 5 caliber play?

Like, they aren't giving that to a guy who isn't top 5?

Put your opinion aside, and take it for what it is. They gave the guy MVP. So no matter how you feel about it, that doesn't matter. He was top 5.

It just is what it is. For that year (Rose), or two (Nash), he was.

Last edited:
KD
Kobe
Dirk
Wade
Bron
Duncan
Cp3
Melo

Were all better players than Rose in his MVP season.

But OK

I think you should know that a season's MVP winner must usually lead the team to a a certain amount of victories
and not being kicked out before the Conference Finals in the Playoffs.
Kobe played not good playoffs in that season...22.9 ppg 3.4 rpg 3.3 apg and the Lakers did not survive 2nd round of the playoffs :frown:
Tim Duncan played solid but I could not consider him as MVP candidate in 2011 (rather in 2000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom