2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/42 or 4/88 is the same.
If you get hurt 2 years in though, do they still have to pay all 4 years?
I mean I know Kobe got paid last year hurt but, of a 4/5 year contract though, only a portion can be protected or guaranteed though right,? I don't know

I'm sorry but if you complain about this thread being terrible but keep coming back you are an idiot.

**** don't even make sense.

"Man that food that tastes like **** but I'm keep eating it and complain"

Nobody KEEPS complaining it was one comment dude just said it's terrible right now and I agreed

but when you have old grown men talking about the game when they clearly know nothing about basketball and stay posting nonsense with no substance...

Then you got a 20 yr old guy talking about who used what in the 90's when he was like 7yrs old when it was happening.. Even tho he's more on point than the old guys..and does provide a good insight...

And neither of em know truly who used what because it's all speculation..

It's like ooookkk I'll come back later..

If people think this is bad now then you midas well leave and never come back.

Haters are fans with bad attitudes. They still jock you, either positively or negatively.

Let's stop worrying about others, and mind are own shortcomings

I've been here a long *** time. NBA threads are ALWAYS full of ******* and have been for the 11 years I've been here.

Last edited:
what you think other posters "midas" well do means nothing.
There's plenty to come back to..many great posters and info..dude was just saying not right now and I agreed..

I've been here a long *** time. NBA threads are ALWAYS full of ******* and have been for the 11 years I've been here.
I been on here since 05 as well a while and I know this but if you no nt you no that means nothin to other nt'ers and will not stop them from posting opinions of there own..relax

Last edited:
the problem is a lot of y'all can't accept another person opinion and then ppl pull out this random ******** as to why someones opinion is wrong

sike nah it just seemed motivational to say idk whats going on in here

LMAO, on a lighter note. My cousin is at a Tournament in Vegas. He caught some Summer League action tonight.
He grabbed a sleeved Jersey while there, sent me a pic. I said those things are stupid.
He said "only fat people hate the sleeved jerseys, because they can't fit them properly"

Then he asked me for some Sneaker money. Told him that my pockets were also fat, with the money I wasn't giving him.

^I arrest my case :lol:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-o...ed-out-to-kevin-love-about-cavaliers?v=1&vc=1

Lebron moves in to cleveland and starts getting guys ready to be shipped out to the worst teams in the league..:smh:

That article states lebron is Reaching out to Love which is just disgusting...
The man goes to a new team to keep his career on top while flipping other people career and personal home lifestyles upside down..:smh:
Only guy in nba I see doing this garbage
If he wasn't greatest in the league ok but to be #1 and doing this it is utterly disgusting

Last edited:
NBA contracts are guaranteed.

I don't see this becoming a new trend. Look at Melo.. he could have done the same thing as Lebron and made a 2 year contract... but what did he do? Signed for the full max. Bosh signed for the max too. Odds are, Lebron will re-up when the cap goes up and the new TV deal goes through. I really don't see him leaving Cleveland two times :lol:

And you can't just change a "loophole" like that.. the player's union would fight that for sure.

Last edited:
I would think the players would fight for it on their behalf, as well as the owners.
The part of te article he pointed out that I thought was interesting wasn't the money aspect but the ability for a star to say ok I'll sign 2 years with a player option, if I'm not impressed, opt out move on

But how many players can afford that kind of contact?

A guy coming off his rookie deal being offered the max... how could you turn down guaranteed 60 million when you haven't earned a fraction of that yet?

A average player who had a breakout season and cashing out... would he really risk all that money if he regressed or didn't perform as expected?

A vet who is trying to get one more large, guaranteed pay day... how could he turn down that kind of security if he knows he's one injury away from retirement.

Lebron did it... Bosh, Melo, Dwight, Russ, Durant, etc. no one else has done it. Now, if other stars start to do it, then yeah.. it's a loophole... but right now it's a one time thing. Only the biggest superstars could possibly do it, and so far only one has.

Kevin Love could do it.. sure... but no one else has done it other than Lebron.

Last edited:
Its not about how great the player is

Its about having endorsement money to offset the potential risk, you have like maybe 5 guys who are getting endorsement money like that

But how many players can afford that kind of contact?

A guy coming off his rookie deal being offered the max... how could you turn down guaranteed 60 million when you haven't earned a fraction of that yet?

A average player who had a breakout season and cashing out... would he really risk all that money if he regressed or didn't perform as expected?

A vet who is trying to get one more large, guaranteed pay day... how could he turn down that kind of security if he knows he's one injury away from retirement.

Lebron did it... Bosh, Melo, Dwight, Russ, Durant, etc. no one else has done it. Now, if other stars start to do it, then yeah.. it's a loophole... but right now it's a one time thing. Only the biggest superstars could possibly do it, and so far only one has.

Kevin Love could do it.. sure... but no one else has done it other than Lebron.

I didn't call it a trend.
I called it a loophole.

Here, understand
https://www.google.com/search?q=loophole+definition&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

A loophole has nothing to do with how many people do it.

Last edited:
And even Lebron got paid well on his 2 year.
It wasn't a 2yr/free contract.
The fact that a player who wants a ring can sign a 2/40 instead of 5/100 and say after 1 year, I'm not impressed and move on

Kevin Love could do it.
Anybody can do it

no.

You have to understand how the conract cycle works to understand why this almost never happens.

You have the 4 year rookie deal then you are a restricted free agent.

when a player comes off this deal, they are most likely

-unproven
-non champions
-on bad teams

If you get offered the 4/5 year max as a restricted free agent deal, NO ONE ever turns this down, the alternative is going on a one year deal, it's an illogical risk, because: they haven't made enough money to be set for life, and haven't proved enough to assume you will always command max dollars.

so by the time the next deal comes up you are 27,28, the prime years of production for NBA players are 25-29, if you take a 2 year deal, you risk being a free agent on the downside of your carer, you are more susceptible to injury, your production depending on your, position and size could start declining rapidly.

becuase of the age when you get this second deal, you are incentvised to guarantee yourself as many years of guaranteed money that will cover the decline phase of your career, ina perfrect world you want it to be your last contract. It would be a huge risk to go on rotating 2 year deals.

this loophole only works if:

-You are cultural property that is bigger than the league itself. (this way even if your production lags on the court teams can still justify giving you max money because of the attention an intrest you generate)

- You are once in a generation freak athlete who is impervious to injury.

- you are the undisputed greatest player of a generation.

Kevin Love can't pull that off. :lol:

he's missed a ton of games due to injury already, if he has a two year deal and gets hurt in his walk year, he many not get max money or years.

-

Last edited:
Damn that was a lot of typing. I don't know why you typed all that.

I'm not saying anything except: if a player, Kevin Love in this instance wanted to sign a 2 yr instead of a 5yr max, and walk away after 1 year and onto the next Team of choice, he could, he might do it too who knows.
I bet he's thinking about it, hell, it could be why the deal isn't made, who knows. They'd want a 5 year because of what they are giving up yea I understand that.

All that stuff you wrote isn't about what I'm saying.
I really didn't say anything though, except it's a loophole that Lebrons contract shed light on

It isn't a "loophole" if you have to be the most dominant player in a generation to take advantage of it.

Kevin Love could do it.
Anybody can do it

no.

You have to understand how the conract cycle works to understand why this almost never happens.

You have the 4 year rookie deal then you are a restricted free agent.

when a player comes off this deal, they are most likely

-unproven
-non champions
-on bad teams

If you get offered the 4/5 year max as a restricted free agent deal, NO ONE ever turns this down, the alternative is going on a one year deal, it's an illogical risk, because: they haven't made enough money to be set for life, and haven't proved enough to assume you will always command max dollars.

so by the time the next deal comes up you are 27,28, the prime years of production for NBA players are 25-29, if you take a 2 year deal, you risk being a free agent on the downside of your carer, you are more susceptible to injury, your production depending on your, position and size could start declining rapidly.

becuase of the age when you get this second deal, you are incentvised to guarantee yourself as many years of guaranteed money that will cover the decline phase of your career, ina perfrect world you want it to be your last contract. It would be a huge risk to go on rotating 2 year deals.

this loophole only works if:

-You are cultural property that is bigger than the league itself. (this way even if your production lags on the court teams can still justify giving you max money because of the attention an intrest you generate)

- You are once in a generation freak athlete who is impervious to injury.

- you are the undisputed greatest player of a generation.

Kevin Love can't pull that off. :lol:

he's missed a ton of games due to injury already, if he has a two year deal and gets hurt in his walk year, he many not get max money or years.

-

These. As powerful as this makes LeBron James he is literally one of two people in the league right now who could strong arm the league like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom