2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
And saying analytics are advanced stats makes no sense.
That's like saying 2x3=5

Last edited:
Darryl Morey has been a GM for damn near a decade. How much time are you going to give him man? :lol:

HOW MANY YEARS OUT OF THAT NEAR DECADE HAS THEIR BEEN AN EMPHASIS ON ANALYTICS MAN :lol: :lol: ? Literally it's only come into popular basketball annals in like the past 4 years or so. Quit that.

I'm out though. You're comparing a brand new way of looking at basketball to methods that have been around since forever. (Methods = Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, etc...never mind the fact that Miami's last 2 NBA championships was in large part because of their value on analytics but i'm sleep.)

Dude that's all he does. Advanced analytics helps but if it is this revolutionary thing he should have had even more success because he should have been ahead of the curb.

Billy Beane started this movement in sports in general and had infinitely more success and quicker than Darryl Morey.

You can understand analytics and be crap at applying it.
Understanding something doesn't mean your good at building a team on it, and it doesn't mean it doesn't work if the person applying it isn't applying it correctly, it just means he can't work it

You give me 8 years and I could build a team that won one playoff series.

Sooo many NTers believe this that its not even funny :smh:

This I'm better than most GMs in the league mindset has spread like wildfire and it's annoying as **** :x

Darryl Morey is a guy that has a degree in math from MIT.

Before he got the Houston Rockets GM job he literally had as much experience working in the NBA as I do now.

Analytics is in simple terms just advance stats, it is just one piece of the puzzle

Creating teams based majorly on analytics isn't as practical

[h1]If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell[/h1]
Kurt Helin

May 23, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT

64  Comments

0214_bill-russell-630x393.jpeg
AP
It’s all about the rings.

For Phil Jackson — out promoting his book “Eleven Rings” — it’s always been about the hardware. It’s about building a real team around the stars he was given, about managing the egos, about having a team that didn’t seem fazed by the biggest stages.

So when Time Magazine asked him who he would want, of all the players in NBA history, to build a team around, he of course went with… Bill Russell. Not the guy with the statue in front of the United Center, not the guy who will have one in front of Staples Center someday. No, it’s the guy who had trouble getting a statue in Boston.

“In my estimation, the guy that has to be there would be Bill Russell. He has won 11 championships as a player,” Jackson said. “That’s really the idea of what excellence is, when you win championships.”

Russell was the anchor around which the dominant Celtics teams of the 1960s was built around — he was a defensive force who could score more than people remember. Russell was an 11-time champion, a five-time MVP and a 12-time All-Star.

To me Russell and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar get shortchanged in the “GOAT” conversation. Because they are tall (even for NBA players) we seem to discount what they did, we don’t relate to them like we do Michael Jordan. Basketball is supposed to be easy for the tall, but that’s different than being tall and very skilled and smart.

But if you want to argue with Phil Jackson, you go ahead. Stack your credentials up against his and make your case.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
A lot of cats will be signing the "Lebrontract".
I bet the NBA closes that loophole and sooner than later

i don't know why yall are arguing over this :lol:

analytics is a whole are very new trend in the NBA. they're an "extension" to what teams were already doing. teams were already tracking trends, they've just become much better at it now than before.

there's less hollingers and moreys right now because of how new analytics are, but there are a ton of examples of former players who have been horrible coaches/GMs too.

Sooo many NTers believe this that its not even funny :smh:

This I'm better than most GMs in the league mindset has spread like wildfire and it's annoying as **** :x
I agree but what annoys me is that people are naive enough to think every owner wants to win. I'd say half over half the league doesn't give a **** about winning, Their GMs have one mission: make money. Lakers sucked last year yet made more revenue than the 2 & 3 teams combined. Lakers sucked but Mitch prob got a fat bonus.

So true mate. So true. Some will never care about winning, profit is winning.

I'd never hire 20 employees again, just to say "I built a big company, my dream"
Keeping 1 or 2 guys, keep it small keep it all

Last edited:
I'm sorry but if you complain about this thread being terrible but keep coming back you are an idiot.

**** don't even make sense.

"Man that food that tastes like **** but I'm keep eating it and complain"

Last edited:
I'm sorry but if you complain about this thread being terrible but keep coming back you are an idiot.

**** don't even make sense.

"Man that food that like **** but I'm to keep eating it and complain"
your words don't even make sense bruh.

Nobody KEEPS complaining it was one comment dude just said it's terrible right now and I agreed
you have old grown men talking about the game when they clearly know nothing about basketball and stay posting nonsense with no substance...

Then you got a 20 yr old guy talking about who used what in the 90's when he was like 7yrs old when it was happening.. Even tho he's more on point than the old guys..and does provide a good insight...
And neither of em know truly who used what because it's all speculation..

It's like ooookkk I'll come back later..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom