2014 NBA Draft Thread

because you were being so sassy 
laugh.gif

How terrible would it be if you end up with two Greg odens tho? I think Philly would pass on joel

If embiid falls to philly at 3, that would most likely mean parker and wiggins are gone. Next best is Exum, but they already have mcw. I think philly goes with the "best available".

Last edited:
No BS... no tool replies.. no cleveland slander..

If you're the Cavs GM who are you personally taking?

If Embiid is full healthy I say take him, move Varejao to the 4 and TRY to resign Deng or simply sign another wing player. Finding good wing players & 2 guards is much easier to find than good bigmen with such upside. If hes not healthy then its a true toss up between Wiggins & Parker. It depends on whether theyre willing to let Wiggins fully develop or if theyre trying to win now...

I honestly hope yall draft Embiid tho so Wiggins or Parker can land to us

And @CaptainSneakerhead NO to Dario Saric. These European project players seem to never pan out. We might as well trade that pick if thats the best we can get there. I hope Gordon or Vonleh fall to 10 but thats a reach :/

And then you'd take a long hard look at giving up 120 points a game :lol:

If Embiid's back is 100% and you're confident in his health.. I wouldn't blame you if you go for the big man. They're simply more valuable to a team... but I'm extremely high on Wiggins and think he'll live up to the hype.

If Embiid's back is 100% and you're confident in his health.. I wouldn't blame you if you go for the big man. They're simply more valuable to a team... but I'm extremely high on Wiggins and think he'll live up to the hype.

So who would you take?

You're crazy if you think Brooks plays him over Reggie Jackson. :lol:

I think he means to take Russ spot. If the fact he's not a PG isn't apparent after tonight I don't know what it'll take.

I agree with you though. If OKC moved Russ to the 2, even if they drafted Shabazz he wouldn't start over Jackson.

If you have two snipers out there you'll be fine.

And Nerlens can catch & finish off cuts so you can't just ignore him when Embiid is on the block.

Detroit with Drummond & Monroe would've been fine on offense if they had that.

Denver made the playoffs last year with Mozgov & Faried out there.

It certainly helps if 1 of the 2 bigs can shoot, but I wouldn't pass on Embiid nor ship out Nerlens just because neither can shoot.

Long-term I just don't see the point.

You're betting on 1 of them developing some semblance of a jump shot 3-5 years down the line. We've seen it happen with Amare & Blake, it's not unheard of.

If that happens, they mesh well on both ends as Noel can easily defend most 4s.

If not, barring injury, Noel will not have a shortage of suitors in the trade market.

Low risk, high reward.

Last edited:
You're betting on 1 of them developing some semblance of a jump shot 3-5 years down the line. We've seen it happen with Amare & Blake, it's not unheard of.

If that happens, they mesh well on both ends as Noel can easily defend most 4s.

If not, barring injury, Noel will not have a shortage of suitors in the trade market.

Low risk, high reward.

Amar'e was a completely different player from the jump as is Blake.

So who would you take?

If his back checks out, Embiid. He doesn't have to become the next Hakeem.. but if he can become a top center, that's enough. Then again, Wiggins has the potential to be a dominant 2-way wing.. but if you're deciding between two guys.. you gotta go with the big man.

I like Embiid more, but I'd take Wiggins.

I'm trying to think of when an elite scoring PG and an elite C combo worked out in the past and I cant think of any.

Edit- Maybe Tim Hardaway and Alonzo?

Last edited:
So who would you take?

If I am the Cavs my board probably goes.

Embiid
Wiggins
Exum
Parker

One thing I know for sure, you will never have a league average defense if Jabari Parker and Kyrie Irving are on the court at the same time, I think it's basically unplayable in a playoff scenario, and I have no real faith that Jabari or Kyrie will ever become solid defenders. To me Bari is simply not an option, unless you plan on moving Kyrie. If you are going to have a terrible defender at the point guard I think you go Embiid assuming back is right, at bare minimum he's going to likely an elite rim protector, something thats basically a prerequisite to winning a chip.

Last edited:
If his back checks out, Embiid. He doesn't have to become the next Hakeem.. but if he can become a top center, that's enough. Then again, Wiggins has the potential to be a dominant 2-way wing.. but if you're deciding between two guys.. you gotta go with the big man.

I hear ya man.

Don't laugh because I know the Cavs big men don't have the Embid potential, but Hawes was pretty damn solid and I fully expect him to re-sign. Plus they have Zeller and Varejao.

Since Bron bolted the #3 has just been a joke.

Wiggins and Kyrie just gets me excited.

Back
Top Bottom