2014 NBA Draft Thread

Yeah, but they don't need to.

They won't be a big player in Free Agency.

Doesn't hurt them long term, and doesn't prevent them from getting any role players.. It isn't as cut and dry as you think it is.

Also can keep him just as a trade chip for mid-season if they want.

Assuming they keep Andy & their 2 picks. They'll have 14 players and $10mil in cap space.

Once again, they won't be players for Monroe, Bledsoe, Melo, Lowry, Stephenson. So you're saving cap space for nothing, so being 13 players and $19mil in cap space wouldn't change anything for them.

If they wanted to trade a package for Kevin Love with the #1, they'll need to keep Andy because they'll be without a Center. Wouldn't have the space to add anyone they wanted after that trade.

All reports have pointed to the Cavs wanting to bring back Spencer Hawes in lieu of Varejao. Plus they have Zeller. I'm inclined to believe Jao is gone.

Spencer Hawes will be the "main priority" for the Cavaliers in free agency this summer, according to Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
"Assuming [GM David Griffin] remains the general manager, he will make a strong push to keep the center," Pluto writes. "Griffin values big men who can pass and shoot. In fact, the Cavs have been asking Hawes to shoot even more." Hawes is averaging a career-high 14.1 points and 1.8 threes per game since joining the Cavaliers, to go along with 7.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 blocks. Apr 12 - 7:04 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1372/spencer-hawes

Last edited:
Very true. The kid is special, but right now, wiggins>embid. Potential wise wiggins>embid. If healthy embid is damn near a sure thing for a few DPOYS. But wiggins has the potential to be a top 3 player in 3-5 years time, embid has a lot of work to do offensively.

IDK how much Embiid you've seen but I think you're misjudging him. His offensive game is actually really, really polished. He didn't score more because he was being double teamed every time he touched it. His footwork and touch is really really good. He has post moves, counter moves - he draws fouls. He can shoot short jumpers. The only work he has to do is in the weight room.

If this guy can stay healthy and bulk up enough to back down centers in the league - he's a game changer on both ends of the floor. Athletic and skilled enough to dominate in the post, protect the rim and play in this smallball/PnR era of the NBA.

IDK how much Embiid you've seen but I think you're misjudging him. His offensive game is actually really, really polished. He didn't score more because he was being double teamed every time he touched it. His footwork and touch is really really good. He has post moves, counter moves - he draws fouls. He can shoot short jumpers. The only work he has to do is in the weight room.

If this guy can stay healthy and bulk up enough to back down centers in the league - he's a game changer on both ends of the floor. Athletic and skilled enough to dominate in the post, protect the rim and play in this smallball/PnR era of the NBA.

This.

Barring injury he WILL be the best center in the NBA, its just a matter of time and situation.

There will be a lot of overhyped players who won't live up to it.

So far I got Wiggins and Gordon in that list.

Cant believe dude compard Embiid to Thomas Robinson in the NBA thread :wow: :smh:

Cavs should take Wiggins. You can't risk taking Embiid and then he turns into Bowie/Oden while Wiggins becomes the next best thing. Not saying this will happen but we've seen this story far too many times.

Last edited:
Thomas Robinson was a beast at Kansas, but he was no Embid. Embiid has only played ball for a few years and he's already better than a lot of NBA big men.

Some of the expectations and things being said in this thread are ridiculous. As a guy who's team has the 3rd and 10th picks in this draft I hope all these guys live up to them but we'll see. I love me some Gordon, Randle, Vonleh and McDermott but Wiggins, Embiid and Parker all scare me a little for different reasons.

Thomas Robinson was a beast at Kansas, but he was no Embid. Embiid has only played ball for a few years and he's already better than a lot of NBA big men.
I'm surprised "T-Rob's" game hasn't translated to the NBA. He was a man amongst boys at Kansas.

Equally caught off-guard that the Morris twins are this productive in the league.

I'm surprised "T-Rob's" game hasn't translated to the NBA. He was a man amongst boys at Kansas.

Equally caught off-guard that the Morris twins are this productive in the league.

T-Robb can't figure out what position he wants to play in the NBA. Those tweener type of players are hit or miss.

I really wanted Robinson to do well in the league, but it's not that surprising. He's not able to bully defenders like he did at KU, doesn't have the touch to finish over defenders and not enough perimeter skills to make up for it. He should and looks like he'll focus on being a rebounder and opportunist on offense.

I have the same worries about Randle, but at least he's younger so there should be more room for him to grow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom