2014 NBA Draft Thread

No brainer.

Nerlens is agile enough to easily play the 4, and he'll have a height advantage at that spot most nights as well.
i think they would have to go that route as well.... would be awesome defensively but floor spacing would be a nightmare, who knows maybe they could move noel

No brainer.

Nerlens is agile enough to easily play the 4, and he'll have a height advantage at that spot most nights as well.

Spacing on offense though, Noel can't hit anything outside the paint.

If you have two snipers out there you'll be fine.

And Nerlens can catch & finish off cuts so you can't just ignore him when Embiid is on the block.

Detroit with Drummond & Monroe would've been fine on offense if they had that.

Denver made the playoffs last year with Mozgov & Faried out there.

It certainly helps if 1 of the 2 bigs can shoot, but I wouldn't pass on Embiid nor ship out Nerlens just because neither can shoot.

Last edited:
If you have two snipers out there you'll be fine.

And Nerlens can catch & finish off cuts so you can't just ignore him when Embiid is on the block.

Detroit with Drummond & Monroe would've been fine on offense if they had that.

Denver made the playoffs last year with Mozgov & Faried out there.

It certainly helps if 1 of the 2 bigs can shoot, but I wouldn't pass on Embiid nor ship out Nerlens just because neither can shoot.

Long-term I just don't see the point. Nerlens may very well be the best player from the '13 draft class, he has a ton of growth potential and he and Embiid do a lot of the same things on both ends of the court.

Anyways, there's no way both the Cavs & the Bucks pass on Embiid, there's just no way.

The Cavs need a center, and Larry Sanders has proven to be an overrated headcase who was outplayed last season by his bench counterpart (John Henson). The Bucks also already have the Greek Freak who they're pretty high on. If the Cavs pass on Embiid I can guarantee tht the Bucks take him.

Last edited:
Anyways, there's no way both the Cavs & the Bucks pass on Embiid, there's just no way.

You're forgetting about those med papers bro. Embiid might have more say in where he ends up than any prospect

Back shmack, high upside big men who garner comparisons to Olajuwon don't grow on trees. He's going 1st or 2nd. Book it.

And he doesn't have very much mileage on him. The back is now 100% healthy, the stress fracture is healed. The kid has been playing ball since 2011 and has already been able to play with the best the NCAA had to offer.

The kid is a stud and GMs know this. Or they should.

Last edited:
Kansas C Joel Embiid said that the stress fracture in his back is now "100 percent" healthy with "no pain."
"I been working out, just to get back in shape," said Embiid, who missed the NCAA tournament due to the injury. His decision to skip the NBA draft combine may give some GMs pause in a talent-rich draft class, but he's still projected to be a top-three pick. The NBA draft lottery will be nationally televised on Tuesday evening, at which point we'll have a better idea of where Embiid might land as a rookie. May 20 - 5:07 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2288/joel-embiid

When you're that bad.. you have to draft talent over need.

If Embiid is there at 3.. you have to take him. If Noel and Embiid don't work together, then trade Noel.. but you can't pass up on the better big man prospect because you already have someone.

I believe you always draft talent over need except at the point guard position. You can usually double up bigs or wings and be fine.. with few exceptions of course but you're most likely going to regret not taking a prospect because you have a guy already playing the position. It'll work itself out eventually

How terrible would it be if you end up with two Greg odens tho? I think Philly would pass on joel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom