2014 NBA Draft Thread

Henderson for Dudley/Green/#28
nerd.gif

Last Second Predictions:

#1 Pick – Wiggins (the Mormon mamba is good, but two Duke stars not to mention a reported poor work out? I think Grant has some guts and will make the gutsy pick not the safe one)

Dante Exum (over 3 ½) – Philly doesn’t need a PG

Noah Vonleh (over 5th overall) – This guy didn’t even get Indiana to the big dance and wasn’t very impressive in school. Why should he go top 5?

Joel embiid (under 5th overall) – Jazz or Orlando won’t let him slide. Sure the injuries are a concern but when you see this guy move idk. I don’t see him falling. He did tweet earlier though “I’m a Laker” and deleted it claiming a friend was playing with his phone. but I see him in Orlando or even Utah injuries or not.

Julius Randle (under 7th overall) - STUD played big down til the end of the tourney was projected 1st overall for 2 years. I don't see why he should go less than 5th. Sorry Lakers fans. I see him in Philly as they prepare to move Thad.

Marcus Smart (Over 7th) – People don’t forget you pushing that dude in the stands. You think GMs are clamoring for that? Great work outs or not, I see him having a fine NBA career but I see him going to SAC at 8 as they trade Isiah down the road maybe.

Doug McDermott (Over 9 ½) – He actually deserves to go higher i would love him as a coach or gm but I don’t see Jordan taking him over James Young or even sleeper TJ Warren. Garry Harris from Michigan State could go here too.

Nik Stauskas (Over 10 ½) – Zach Lavine is like Westbrook 2.0 – Stauskas can shoot but there’s always a Novak or a big shooter on the market. Guys like Lavine shouldn’t go behind this kid.

Tyler Ennis (Over 19 ½) – this was a **** it pick lol he’s from Canada so he may go to Toronto at 20th because I doubt Kyle Lowry is staying around unless they cut the check big time which I think Masai Ujiri is really willing to do.

I feel like if Smart didn't get into that nonsense at Texas Tech he wouldn't be criticized as harshly as he's been leading up to tonight. He's a PG with size, a leader and someone who, IN COLLEGE, took the time to refine his game and make it better.

I feel like he can be a serious piece to a great team and passing up on him if you're a team without a legit PG is a mistake.

Nah I don't think most people care about that. He's 19 and had an old racist dude heckling him in the heat of the moment of a game. People are more worried about his flopping and jump shot than that one incident.

I can't see Embiid falling past LA. Think the Celtics take him if they keep the pick or the Lakers do.
made for the recordbooks tbh. might come down to the 2 most successful teams in nba history, this will no doubt decide how the teams go in the next few years. 

can you imagine the c's taking this kid and him becoming a bust while the lakers go on to choose a hall of famer....and vice-versa....man, idk whats gonna happen but please be a succesful pick for my lakers

I have zero doubt that Smart's jump shot will improve drastically in the NBA. He's an offensive type PG who will look to score from the outside. Everyone complains about Rondo and how he has no shot at all, and hasn't really developed it, but that's because Rondo is an asst but and takes it to the rim at will.

I think Smart will use the talents at the NBA level to sharpen his jumper.

With my Mavs stupidly trading their 2 second rd picks yesterday, is there any word on if they are trying to get back in the draft? I haven't seen anything unfortunately. This is such a deep draft that not having a pick or 2 is pretty upsetting.

With my Mavs stupidly trading their 2 second rd picks yesterday, is there any word on if they are trying to get back in the draft? I haven't seen anything unfortunately. This is such a deep draft that not having a pick or 2 is pretty upsetting.
they think they have a chance at getting a big name FA, trying to free up as much cap as they can 

It's gonna be hard but i'm gonna try to stay off Twitter tonight. I hate knowing who's going where and what trades are happening 2 picks before.

Back
Top Bottom