2014 NBA Draft Thread

Jabari signed with Jordan Brand. Salute, young man
pimp.gif

Mormon sigs coming soon.
Wiggins must be headed to Nike then
I Thought Wiggins Was With Adidias? Not Sure, I'm Asking.

I Thought Wiggins Was With Adidias? Not Sure, I'm Asking.
"While Andrew Wiggins awaits word on which NBA team will seek his talents, the one-and-done Kansas phenom is reportedly in the Portland area Wednesday visiting Nike.

Wiggins tweeted Tuesday that he was "Portland bound!"

That was followed by a tweet from Yahoo! NBA writer Marc Spears, saying, "Don't get alarmed Blazers fans. ‪@22wiggins is meeting with Nike."

Wiggins was on the Nike World Headquarters campus near Beaverton Wednesday, said a source not authorized to speak on the matter."

"Lauren Lamkin, a spokeswoman for Adidas, whose global basketball operations are managed at the company's North American headquarters in Portland, said Wednesday in an email, "We've already met with Andrew prior to this trip."

Greg Rossiter, a Nike spokesman, declined to respond to questions about Wiggins.

Portland is home, of sorts, for other shoe brands that would want a partnership with Wiggins. Under Armour, the Baltimore-based brand, keeps a design studio in Portland. And the sparsely populated North American office of Li Ning is based in Portland, including the designer who creates the sneakers for the Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade.

While he is not viewed as a consensus number one NBA draft pick, Wiggins, the former University of Kansas freshman, has been sought as a prized endorsement prospect by Nike and Adidas, among other sneaker brands. For what it's worth, Kansas is an Adidas-affiliated school.

Wiggins announced in April he would enter the NBA draft. The 6-foot-8 forward, is expected to go in the top three picks in the June draft, and perhaps first over all to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Kansas center Joel Embiid, who worked out for the Cavaliers on Tuesday, and Duke's Jabari Parker have also been mentioned as potential first picks."

With the Afflalo trade; either the Magic are making room for Exum or feel comfortable with Oladipo at PG and are down to Vonleh/Embiid?

Magic aint taking another SG, the reason they even traded Afflalo was cuz they got Vic last year ....its either gonna be a point or a Foward at 12 depending who they get with the 4th pick

The Cavs don't care whether or not Parker wants to play in Cleveland. They'll still take him. - Yahoo! Sports

mean.gif

Cavs stop ******* around and contemplating what to do with the #1 pick like you did last year. Draft Wiggins or Embiid and move the **** on.

Cavs stop ******* around and contemplating what to do with the #1 pick like you did last year. Draft Wiggins or Embiid and move the **** on.
I feel like it has to be just gamesmanship from the Cavs front office saying they're definitely taking Jabari. They know Milwaukee loves him and maybe they could get something and still get Wiggins. Wiggins just makes too much sense for them, no way they are stupid enough not to take him.

David Locke says the Jazz seem to be down to Gordon, Randle and Smart. All this while most mocks have Vonleh going to them. :lol:

He also says Napier or Ennis are going to "fall" into the 20s.

Last edited:
With the Afflalo trade; either the Magic are making room for Exum or feel comfortable with Oladipo at PG and are down to Vonleh/Embiid?

I never really considered them running Oladipo as their PG of the future. It was kind of a "Ehh let's see what happens since we're so terrible". If Exum is available they go with him or go with Embiid and get a PG at 12.

I'd still do 4 and 12 for the 1, though. Yeah, when you're that bad you just need talent so you could find someone at 12.. but Wiggins/Parker are that superstar you need in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom