2014 NBA Draft Thread

Seems like a mess out there in Cleveland. What use would they even have for Exum being on their roster?

Exum already said hes a pg, if a team with a pg signs exum hes gonna pull a eli manning

Exactly. You especially don't take an international prospect that's stating he only wants to play a specific position on a team that fits him playing that position. They'll take their happy *** right back to their country.

This could mean a trade is in the works with Philly, Orlando or Utah though.

I am pretty sold on Gordon.

Youngest player in the draft, near-elite athlete (and it shows up in his game tape), instantly one of the better passing and ball-handling post players in the league, good feel and intelligence, seems like a "high-character" dude...

Generally, that kind of young, athletic player comes into the league with questionable basketball skills/intelligence and/or work ethic. I see none of those issues with him. Obviously, he has plenty of room for improvement on offense, but there is a difference between having to learn better shooting mechanics/paint footwork and having to learn how to read and feel what is happening with the other nine players on the court. His passing ability and defensive awareness tells me that he gets it. I think his prime focus can just be offensive repertoire things. Everything else is already instilled. That feels pretty rare for someone of his age and athleticism to me.

If he only even mildly, naturally evolves from what he is now due to experience, that's still a really valuable player on a good team. If the offense takes major strides, yikes.

Last edited:
Kyrie clearly needs ball handling and playmaking help, his efficiency has gone down every year. If Cleveland trades down, Exum would be a good pick.

The underrated storyline in all this is if Cleveland gets a new franchise guy from this draft, they can trade Hot Sauce and get a boatload of assets in return.

Aaron Gordon is awesome.

Along with all of those things you said just watch that group interview with him, Vonleh, Smart and Harris. Gordon is the youngest one yet he just takes over the room while the others sit there awkward and quiet the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom