2014 NBA Draft Thread

Position shouldn't matter to the Sixers, best talent should.

Not when you play in the east, build a strong core that fits well together, dont just get the best available just because you can, when its a great possibility they wont mesh well together

drafting by position is how you mess your team up.
Take the best player and worry about the rest later.

U can ALWAYS trade good, young players for even better players.
Look at the Houston Rockets, how do you think they got the Beard?

Just stop it.

Randle is not falling to #10

Embiid is not falling to #10.

its not going to happen.

Embiid and Noel won't work. Paint will be clogged up. Noel doesn't have the offensive ability to be down low.

Keeping Embiid spotted up on mids prevents opportunities for Offensive rebounding and his whole offensive skill set. You gotta trade one of them.

MCW and Exum won't work. Exum is a PG MCW is a PG. You gotta trade one of them.

Do ya'll really think Philly is going to have 2 Injury prone centers? I doubt it.

Philly has literally TWO players who have shown they can play at an average level in the NBA. MCW, Thad Young. You don't pass up on Embiid because "him and Noel won't work." It makes no sense. Noel could be complete garbage. He's shown absolutely nothing. Complete question mark. If Philly thinks Embiid's going to be Duncan, they should take him in a heartbeat.

You need to think of Philly and Embiid's timeline. Embiid's going to miss his entire first year. Probably be brought along slowly his second year. That gives Noel a year and a half to give the organization a chance to evaluate him. It also gives them a chance to see how good Embiid is. If the problem is that they have 2 great centers, that's an okay problem to have. If the problem is that Noel isn't that good, they can trade him.

Of course if Embiid's injuries scare Philly, they shouldn't take him. But worrying about fit when you literally have 2 NBA players on the roster is stupid.

Same thing with Exum and MCW. Let them play together and split ball handling duties. Or bring Exum along slowly since he's young. Who cares. If he's the most talented, you draft him. Philly of all teams is in no position to be overly worrying about fit. They need good players - regardless of position.

You basically said what I said but stretched it out.

I'm depressed as hell the Sixers most likely won't get Wiggins :smh:

book it now don't be shocked when Hinkie takes Smart at #3

Last edited:
drafting by position is how you mess your team up.
Take the best player and worry about the rest later.

U can ALWAYS trade good, young players for even better players.
Look at the Houston Rockets, how do you think they got the Beard?

But okc drafted by position to get harden, he wasnt "the best available" in 09 & how did that turn out

But okc drafted by position to get harden, he wasnt "the best available" in 09 & how did that turn out

Huh? They obviously thought he was the best player at 3, otherwise they would've taken someone else.

The only other option was Steph and he went 7, people didn't think he'd be this good back then.
Russ plays like a 2 most of the time anyway, so Steph probably would've been the better choice if going by position.

Heard a rumor about MCW + Thad + 10 + 32 for 1. Sixers get Wiggins and Exum. I don't know how valid it is but I'll do it in a heartbeat

Heard a rumor about MCW + Thad + 10 + 32 for 1. Sixers get Wiggins and Exum. I don't know how valid it is but I'll do it in a heartbeat

I am going to pick up Thad and MCW and hit the road to Cleveland free of charge
Yea Vonleh and Nik

Honestly I would take Emiid if he's still there at 10

I would take Exum; Vonleh wasn't even on people's radar in the Fall, I think Ford had his as a 2nd round pick

Wrong.

Going by "fit" or "need" - OKC would've said, we have Westbrook, Thabo Sefolosha (starter and played 32 mpg at the age of 23), Durant and an undersized PF in Jeff Green. We NEED a big man. Or a PG to move Westbrook to SG. They would've drafted Jordan Hill to play Center or PF. Or drafted Rubio as a pass-first guy to play next to RW and KD.

Harden was just the best available guy.

I don't think position should ever matter when teams are drafting.
YOU TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and figure it out after

I don't think position should ever matter when teams are drafting.
YOU TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE and figure it out after

I agree to a degree. These young guys are assets and you need to showcase their talent to figure out what you have and/or to trade them for a guy who is a better fit. You have to be able to get them on the court. If you draft the best talent but they don't play bc there's no room for them on the court then it's a waste bc you wind up trading them for pennies ie jermaine oneal to the pacers back in the day.

If the cavs draft Parker they need to realize that they'll be trading Bennett at some point for scraps bc they're both stretch 4s. If they draft wiggins and get Bennett to show anything some team will overvalue Bennett bc he's young. Then that's when it'll be the best time to determine if you want Bennett. You have to get them on the court to consider them a positive asset.

If the 6ers want exum, you move MCW now. His stock will never be higher.

Last edited:
Noel will be good and end up being the best player in that draft. Every team that passed up on him will feel stupid.

Cant wait :smokin

Last edited:
The best part about the Noel trade was Woj tweeting the trade incorrectly and fellow reporters copying his tweets. Then Woj corrects his initial tweet and everybody looked dumb.

Woj calling out ESPN today was lulz
Where can we hear it?
it was just a tweet in response to some ESPN writer who had been trolling this entire week 
laugh.gif

Such an awful trade. That defensive potential was epic

Was beyond hype when they first made the pick then depressed afterward. :lol:

Spacing wouldn't even have been a problem with the way AD jumper is developing.

Would've been Block Party on Bourbon St, dudes woulda been playing volleyball out there.

Back
Top Bottom