2014 NBA Draft Thread

Sources: Joel Embiid awaiting final analysis on possible fractured right foot

In what promises to have a monumental impact on next week's NBA draft, Kansas center Joel Embiid is awaiting final analysis on a possible fractured right foot that could necessitate surgery, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Embiid, the projected No. 1 overall pick, is consulting with renowned orthopedist Dr. Richard Ferkel on an injury that sources believe happened over a week ago. Along with a back injury that caused Embiid to miss the last six games during his one college season, it becomes increasingly unlikely that Embiid will still be Cleveland's choice as the No. 1 overall pick.

Suddenly, Duke's Jabari Parker and Kansas' Andrew Wiggins become serious considerations for Cleveland in the top spot of next Thursday's draft. Draftexpress.com believes that Embiid could drop to the Orlando Magic with the fourth overall pick.

Embiid's injury was discovered in a physical Cavs doctors conducted during a recent trip to Cleveland, sources told Yahoo Sports. As part of an agreement, Milwaukee performed the physical on Parker, and Cleveland conducted Embiid's – and the two teams exchanged them.

Milwaukee officials didn't learn of Embiid's injury until Thursday morning, league sources said.

Philadelphia has been intrigued with the possibility of drafting a point guard with one of its picks in the draft, closely studying Dante Exum and Marcus Smart, sources said. Smart wouldn't be selected with Philly's third overall pick, sources said, but Exum does become a candidate for the Sixers at No. 3. Philadelphia has had discussions with teams about gathering an additional pick between its two current choices at No. 3 and No. 10.

In recent days, Cleveland had inquired about the possibility of setting up a workout for Exum, sources said.

ESPN first reported that Embiid had suffered an injury.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...-possible-fractured-right-foot-180140657.html

Last edited:
I think the Bucks are taking Exum. Wiggins has been the best fit for what the Cavs actually need all along but they haven't exactly made the logical choice in the past. Jabari is the best fit for what the Sixers need. Hope it works out that way. Would be nuts if we ended up with Embiid at 10.

Sources: Joel Embiid awaiting final analysis on possible fractured right foot

In what promises to have a monumental impact on next week's NBA draft, Kansas center Joel Embiid is awaiting final analysis on a possible fractured right foot that could necessitate surgery, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Embiid, the projected No. 1 overall pick, is consulting with renowned orthopedist Dr. Richard Ferkel on an injury that sources believe happened over a week ago. Along with a back injury that caused Embiid to miss the last six games during his one college season, it becomes increasingly unlikely that Embiid will still be Cleveland's choice as the No. 1 overall pick.

Suddenly, Duke's Jabari Parker and Kansas' Andrew Wiggins become serious considerations for Cleveland in the top spot of next Thursday's draft. Draftexpress.com believes that Embiid could drop to the Orlando Magic with the fourth overall pick.

Embiid's injury was discovered in a physical Cavs doctors conducted during a recent trip to Cleveland, sources told Yahoo Sports. As part of an agreement, Milwaukee performed the physical on Parker, and Cleveland conducted Embiid's – and the two teams exchanged them.

Milwaukee officials didn't learn of Embiid's injury until Thursday morning, league sources said.

Philadelphia has been intrigued with the possibility of drafting a point guard with one of its picks in the draft, closely studying Dante Exum and Marcus Smart, sources said. Smart wouldn't be selected with Philly's third overall pick, sources said, but Exum does become a candidate for the Sixers at No. 3. Philadelphia has had discussions with teams about gathering an additional pick between its two current choices at No. 3 and No. 10.

In recent days, Cleveland had inquired about the possibility of setting up a workout for Exum, sources said.

ESPN first reported that Embiid had suffered an injury.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...-possible-fractured-right-foot-180140657.html
Philly must be trying to move MCW if they thinking bout drafting a point

I think the Bucks are taking Exum. Wiggins has been the best fit for what the Cavs actually need all along but they haven't exactly made the logical choice in the past. Jabari is the best fit for what the Sixers need. Hope it works out that way. Would be nuts if we ended up with Embiid at 10.

The Bucks arent going to take Exum because Parker is a better fit for the Sixers.

Suddenly that trade rumor of the Bucks giving up Sanders and/or Knight to the Kings for #8 became much more intriguing.
I am throwing myself in front of morning rush hour traffic if this happens.

lol I took it as a grain of salt anyway. I wouldnt worry about it.

Philly must be trying to move MCW if they thinking bout drafting a point

I've said it before I don't think Brett Brown is completely sold on MCW being his point guard and he might want his fellow Australian (Exum) as his guy.

Also, if the Lakers were offered MCW and Thad for their pick I think they'd have a hard time turning it down. Kings would definitely take it.

Last edited:
Somebody need to investigate that medical staff. :lol:

Basically brought Grant Hill back from the gates of heaven.

Grant was ready to walk with a medical boot for the rest of his life. Prolly got the cure for AIDs down there too and holdin' out :smh:

:wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In terms of the Draft do you think the bulls two picks For Eric Gordon would be a good deal?

If they can't get Melo EG can be a hell of a second option for Rose.

Hell no. That's not even an option for us. And that contract :x :x :x ... rather use our two picks and bring Mirotic over before I even entertain the idea of trading for Eric Gordon.

I don't see the logic in taking Bari over Wiggins if I'm the Cavs.

Kyrie has already shown he's more than capable of being your #1 option on offense and Waiters obviously likes to shoot the basketball as well. You bring in Bari who is also a natural one on one scorer and you have too many guys who need the ball and are terrible defenders.

Wiggins is going to give you potent defense from day 1 and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective on offense which he showed on that cluster**** of a KU team he was on last year.

He just seems to fit way better IMO, move Deng for some shooting on the wings off the bench and get a good coach.

Deng is an unrestricted free agent. He's not going the S & T route either.

Philly gotta be so mad right now :lol:

No clue what they do at #3.

Cavs aren't trading for #3 and Thad with this happening.

If I'm Philly I just say **** it, take Exum and Randle/Gordon at 10. If both of them are gone, I do the unpopular move of taking Payne.

Not sold on a backcourt of Exum and MCW but if they can't move that pick for a proven player, I agree take Exum at 3. I don't see Gordon/Randle falling to 10.

Suddenly that trade rumor of the Bucks giving up Sanders and/or Knight to the Kings for #8 became much more intriguing.
I am throwing myself in front of morning rush hour traffic if this happens.

Before and after pics? :nerd:

I've said it before I don't think Brett Brown is completely sold on MCW being his point guard and he might want his fellow Australian (Exum) as his guy.

Also, if the Lakers were offered MCW and Thad for their pick I think they'd have a hard time turning it down. Kings would definitely take it.

Philly will stay Philly if they trade away the ROY for unproven player.

In terms of the Draft do you think the bulls two picks For Eric Gordon would be a good deal?

If they can't get Melo EG can be a hell of a second option for Rose.
Thought the Bulls should go after EG for a while now, but NO would get rid of him for much less than those 2 1st rounders at this point. 
If Embiid falls to Sacramento 
nerd.gif

Also, if the Lakers were offered MCW and Thad for their pick I think they'd have a hard time turning it down

You drunk as **** bruh. We ain't takin that trash for #7.

Back
Top Bottom