2014 NBA Draft Thread

I don't see the logic in taking Bari over Wiggins if I'm the Cavs.

Kyrie has already shown he's more than capable of being your #1 option on offense and Waiters obviously likes to shoot the basketball as well. You bring in Bari who is also a natural one on one scorer and you have too many guys who need the ball and are terrible defenders.

Wiggins is going to give you potent defense from day 1 and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective on offense which he showed on that cluster**** of a KU team he was on last year.

He just seems to fit way better IMO, move Deng for some shooting on the wings off the bench and get a good coach.

This ruins my Sixers. We were sitting PRETTY until this BUM ruins us.

Embiid and Bynum are at the top of my hit list.

I want us to trade our #3 our #10 to move up and get Parker. Fdduck Wiggins.

Philly gotta be so mad right now :lol:

No clue what they do at #3.

Cavs aren't trading for #3 and Thad with this happening.

Last edited:
Philly gotta be so mad right now
laugh.gif

We really are. Sports talk radio is crazy, fans are pulling their hair out right now. 

edit: and if I hear one more thing about taking Exum at #3 now I'm gonna off myself. Hes gonna be a certified BUST.

Last edited:
In terms of the Draft do you think the bulls two picks For Eric Gordon would be a good deal?

If they can't get Melo EG can be a hell of a second option for Rose.
Maybe if he weren't hurt all the time.  If anything, one of those picks for EG.

Without a doubt.

Back problems at Kansas... now a foot injury?

Too damn risky.

They thought Noel was too risky last year... what the **** would change their minds this time?

Parker or Wiggins.

I think Embid would've been perfect for the Cavs. Wiggins and Parker might clash with the other two hot heads on that team.

Who do you want to see them draft?

Philly gotta be so mad right now :lol:

Cavs aren't trading for #3 and Thad with this happening.

If I'm Philly I just say **** it, take Exum and Randle/Gordon at 10. If both of them are gone, I do the unpopular move of taking Payne.

I don't see the logic in taking Bari over Wiggins if I'm the Cavs.

Kyrie has already shown he's more than capable of being your #1 option on offense and Waiters obviously likes to shoot the basketball as well. You bring in Bari who is also a natural one on one scorer and you have too many guys who need the ball and are terrible defenders.

Wiggins is going to give you potent defense from day 1 and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective on offense which he showed on that cluster**** of a KU team he was on last year.

He just seems to fit way better IMO, move Deng for some shooting on the wings off the bench and get a good coach.

Kyrie isnt a #1 option :lol: we already seen what kyrie looks like when he has to do too much, but if cleveland doesnt get the right coach the team is a failure regardless of who they pick

It's crazy because I was actually never 100% sold on Embiid.

I thought it was potential is crazy, but his injury history has overshadowed everything.

Big men just typically can't stay healthy for a long time doing what someone like Embiid does. You have to be physically gifted ala Hakeem, Shaq, etc..

Last edited:
Maybe if he weren't hurt all the time.  If anything, one of those picks for EG.

And his contract is horrible. I doubt NO can trade him for a high first round pick.

After dealing with Brook Lopez for the past couple of years, I'd be very weary of a big man with broken foot issues. Lopez was an absolute ironman and never missed a game until he broke his foot initially. Since then, he's played 1 of 3 seasons. I still think when Embiid is on the floor, he's going to be great. But IMO it's better that he slips a bit now. Being drafted number 1 would place crazy high expectations on him. If he slips to 5 or 6 (doubtful), he can take it slow and not be expected to carry the burden. Maybe sit out on back to backs. Play off the bench for awhile. Ease his workload. 82 games is a lot for any rookie.

I thought it was potentil is crazy, but his injury history has overshadowed everything.

Big men just typically can't stay healthy for a long time doing what someone like Embiid does. You have to be physically gifted ala Hakeem, Shaq, etc..

I was never sold either. Its much more complicated than "draft the best talent on the board" when its a 7 footer. History has shown when you pass up on guys like Parker/Wiggins to draft the "next best center" you get screwed royally. Initially I was praying you guys took him so we didnt have the opportunity to be dumb enough to take him at #2. But it looks like we both lucked out.

Who do you want to see them draft?

Wiggins.

:pimp:

I thought it was potentil is crazy, but his injury history has overshadowed everything.

I was never sold either. Its much more complicated than "draft the best talent on the board" when its a 7 footer. History has shown when you pass up on guys like Parker/Wiggins to draft the "next best center" you get screwed royally. Initially I was praying you guys took him so we didnt have the opportunity to be dumb enough to take him at #2. But it looks like we both lucked out.

Yeah definitely. Just look at the history of Centers drafted in the first round dating back 5 years, there isn't much upside here.

You have to really build your big men into who they want to potentially be, as crazy as that sounds..

I"ll just never forget that literally right after the lotto, Jason Lloyd tweet that Jabari was #1 on the board all year.

So part of me thinks the Cavs might take him.

Can the Cavs do any wrong with either if you really think about it?

I"ll just never forget that literally right after the lotto, Jason Lloyd tweet that Jabari was #1 on the board all year.

So part of me thinks the Cavs might take him.

Can the Cavs do any wrong with either if you really think about it?
They good with Bari or Wiggins imo ...just dont do nothing crazy and yall set :lol:

philly going to move up a spot now? :nerd:

wish cleveland drafted Harrison over Dion,
potential of having a future of Kyrie, Parker/Wiggins, Barnes would've been nice.

Henz got sources plug in with the cavaliers :nerd: :nthat:

Think Cleveland should pick Jabari Parker even with the potential shot selection & defense issue of that crew

Realistically how far do you guys see Embiid falling? 4-7ish?

Suddenly that trade rumor of the Bucks giving up Sanders and/or Knight to the Kings for #8 became much more intriguing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom