2014 NBA Draft Thread

Basically every stat projection thinks McDermott will bust when you take into account he's going to likely be a top ten pick.

Last edited:
I dont see dougie or Levine going in the top 10. The only time i think of busts is guys going in the top 10. Im going with Exum

Does Embiid getting hurt and not getting to live up to the hype count as being a bust or a "It happens". Well it has to because people kill Greg Oden for the same thing as if its anything he could control

Does Embiid getting hurt and not getting to live up to the hype count as being a bust or a "It happens". Well it has to because people kill Greg Oden for the same thing as if its anything he could control

still a bust. but you got oden being compared to bill russell in hs. not to the same extent as oden but still a bust

Your man crush is in the Land right now.. Working out for the team that controls his sack if they want to.

Man crush? Lol.......

Been quite the opposite for me in regards to Wiggins for most of this year.

You'd be better off with Jabari, Gordon, Randle and PJ being my "man crushes" of this draft.

I am PRAYYYYYYING that my Rockets somehow sneak him in the 2nd round.
Just checked him out, Kane might be a legit guard in the league. Yeah hes 24 but big deal, hell be solid.

Jordan Bachynski also looks like another older guy sleeper to me, hes 24 because he went on a Mormon mission. But he has good feet for a seven footer, soft touch offensively and has a good nose for sniffing out boards.

Injuries = Bust
roll.gif
Its how the game goes. Its not like we havent seen it before.

still a bust. but you got oden being compared to bill russell in hs. not to the same extent as oden but still a bust
I think Embiid would be a special case being that we all know about this stuff prior. Anyone who drafts him is assuming that risk.

Injuries = Bust :rofl:
Its how the game goes. Its not like we havent seen it before.

I think Embiid would be a special case being that we all know about this stuff prior. Anyone who drafts him is assuming that risk.

Wouldn't the same be said for Oden? Plenty of red flags raised before Portland turned in that pick. The knee was bothering him that whole season at OSU, even though at times it didn't look that way, plus he missed the beginning of their season due to wrist surgery.

I wouldn't call Oden a bust either, but you can say he was a pretty risky pick at number 1 given his pre-draft injury history.

Agreed, I don't consider Oden a bust at all, Beasley on the otherhand
frown.gif
mean.gif
Beasley isn't a bust to me, I just feel he didn't get a fair shake. The Heat pretty much was no longer interested in him, when they found out LeBron was a possible option. After they unloaded him in Minnesota, he was productive, but didn't fit, because his style of stretch 4, didn't mesh with K. Love.

Oden however, is a bust. They knew upfront about his injury problems, dating back to high school. Being injured during you career without any red flags prior (i.e. Jay Williams or Shaun Livingston), isn't a bust, it's just unexpected bad luck. So if Embiid doesn't pan out, he will mos def be a bust, because teams have be alerted.

Last edited:
Agreed, I don't consider Oden a bust at all, Beasley on the otherhand :frown: :smh:

Nah beas not a bust just a underachiever :lol:

"Dont be disrespectful" - stephen a

Beasley isn't a bust to me, I just feel he didn't get a fair shake. The Heat pretty much was no longer interested in him, when they found out LeBron was a possible option. After they unloaded him in Minnesota, he was productive, but didn't fit, because his style of stretch 4, didn't mesh with K. Love.

Oden however, is a bust. They knew upfront about his injury problems, dating back to high school. Being injured during you career without any red flags prior (i.e. Jay Williams or Shaun Livingston), isn't a bust, it's just a back break. So if Embiid doesn't pan out, he will mos def be a bust, because teams have be alerted.

Odens a bust because the blazers decided to still pick him, knowing his injuries? But livingston & jay will are "back-breaks" :lol:

frown.gif
mean.gif
Nah beas not a bust just a underachiever
laugh.gif

Oden however, is a bust. They knew upfront about his injury problems, dating back to high school. Being injured during you career without any red flags prior (i.e. Jay Williams or Shaun Livingston), isn't a bust, it's just a back break. So if Embiid doesn't pan out, he will mos def be a bust, because teams have be alerted.
Odens a bust because the blazers decided to still pick him, knowing his injuries? But livingston & jay will are "back-breaks"
laugh.gif
I meant they had bad breaks, as in tough luck 
laugh.gif

Agreed, I don't consider Oden a bust at all, Beasley on the otherhand :frown: :smh:

Nah beas not a bust just a underachiever :lol:

Odens a bust because the blazers decided to still pick him, knowing his injuries? But livingston & jay will are "back-breaks" :lol:

Yeah he lost me with that one :lol: ... I'm still stuck on how Oden, who showed flashes when healthy, is a bust and Beasley is simply an underacheiver who got a raw deal in MIA.

frown.gif
mean.gif
Nah beas not a bust just a underachiever
laugh.gif

Odens a bust because the blazers decided to still pick him, knowing his injuries? But livingston & jay will are "back-breaks"
laugh.gif
Yeah he lost me with that one
laugh.gif
... I'm still stuck on how Oden, who showed flashes when healthy, is a bust and Beasley is simply an underacheiver who got a raw deal in MIA.
I meant they had bad breaks, as in tough luck 
laugh.gif

Y'all got all these rules and technicalities about busts lol

A bust is simply a player that got drafted high, got to the team and for any number of reasons the performance didn't match up with the draft pick (they suck, couldn't stay healthy, off the court issues)...exception is if you die of course

Y'all got all these rules and technicalities about busts lol

A bust is simply a player that got drafted high, got to the team and for any number of reasons the performance didn't match up with the draft pick (they suck, couldn't stay healthy, off the court issues)...exception is if you die of course

So that makes tyson chandler a bust according to your bust definition, cmon stop it,

If you're physically unable to run on the basketball court, you're not a bust, thabeet was 100% healthy his whole career & you gonna put oden in the same category :smh:

Back
Top Bottom