2014 NBA Draft Thread

Yea kawhi does everything on the court, easily top 5 best perimeter defenders
:smh: i dont know why he left, another quincy miller, but idk if he can shoot as good

ross left b/c he hated college life

he'll go 35-45

talkin up craft...might as well hype up jmorgan too then

they both should go to europe and enjoy a nice life and actually ball...more $ than most NTers will ever see in their lives

Y'all gonna put Kawhi in the top 5 now ...then act confused when he putting up like 14 ppg next year :lol:

oh boy, there's more to the game than just the PPG.

anyone who paid attention to Leonard this season would know how much of a defensive virtuoso he was.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he wins DPOY at some point. The guy was averaging over 2 steals a game and nearly one block per game.

He can rebound and he's improved as a passer (but he can get better in both respects).

Doubters gon' doubt, just wait 'til he hits his prime.

And he averaged 15 ppg this season, I'm telling you bro. He'll be a 20 ppg player before long. Lawd I wish he was a Laker. :frown:

Last edited:
Nothing funnier than the past couple springs people making Kawhi top 5 or TP the best PG in the league only the following fall to forget those guys even exist. Some people can't comprehend individual exist vs. team success and the correlation.

Lot of kitchen tweets in here lately, only pick up as we get closer to the draft as well.

If some kinda bucks/kings trade happens involving knight wouldn't surprise me to see bucks draft exum. Then pretend to want Wiggins so 76ers will give something up to get the 2 spot. So bucks get exum at 3. Only works if embiid goes 1. Just me talking out loud.

Kyrie/dion/jabari is a nice young core to build around for the next 6-7 years if cavs get the right coach, kyrie going into his 4th year, the year that determines what kind of player he will be moving forward & i think jabari fits kyries game the best, kyrie cant be the #1 option, give jabari the keys & let kyrie & dion play off of him, you wont be able to do that with embiid & wiggins imo

And they'll have to score 140 points a game to win :lol: That defense will be atrocious.

And you can basically take all the comments about Paul George from last year and replace his name with Kawhi :lol: It's basically the same thing. Watching a young guy step up and seize the moment should be awesome enough on its own.. we don't need to say he's going to be a top 5 - Top 3 - future DPOY at the same time. Give him another season or two before we place these lofty expectations on him.

:lol: you say those comments about Paul George like he didn't just have a great season. If you remotely pay attention to defense, it's easy to argue he's above Melo when it comes to SFs. The hype was about his game on the court. No one's expecting his off-court life to spiral and the Pacers to collapse at the same damn time tho.

Kawhi is in a similar light to Paul George though. Probably better defensively and he's been way more efficient - even when they both had similar roles. No stretch AT ALL to say he has the potential to be a top 3 SF. His role is just too small to put him up there with the Melo or PG. It's not really his fault though. The Spurs have so many damn weapons. His role is this small and they have the best offense in the league. Can't complain there. If they needed offense and he just couldn't hack it as a top 2 option, I'd understand the beef.

Sixers get Wiggins #3 and Randle #10 would be sick, too.

MCW/Wiggins/Young/Randle/Noel is solid. 

sixers are gonna try to trade young with the 10th pick to move up, if not he's still getting dealt somewhere before the trade deadline.

It really depends on who we take at number 3. I mean if we pick Parker, there should be no reason to pick a Pf/ SF and we could land a good decent SG at number 10.

:lol: you say those comments about Paul George like he didn't just have a great season. If you remotely pay attention to defense, it's easy to argue he's above Melo when it comes to SFs. The hype was about his game on the court. No one's expecting his off-court life to spiral and the Pacers to collapse at the same damn time tho.

Kawhi is in a similar light to Paul George though. Probably better defensively and he's been way more efficient - even when they both had similar roles. No stretch AT ALL to say he has the potential to be a top 3 SF. His role is just too small to put him up there with the Melo or PG. It's not really his fault though. The Spurs have so many damn weapons. His role is this small and they have the best offense in the league. Can't complain there. If they needed offense and he just couldn't hack it as a top 2 option, I'd understand the beef.

Indeed. And Paul George had a really nice playoffs, despite the complete emotional collapse of the Pacers.

For Melo reaching the ECF would have been a career achievement.

Last edited:
Indeed. And Paul George had a really nice playoffs, despite the complete emotional collapse of the Pacers.

PG was inconsistent throughout the whole playoffs, & reaching the ecf is a team achievement, obviously the pacers are better than the knicks

Melo already been to the conference finals tho ...idk bout him ever making it again if he stays on the Knicks :lol:

Melo already been to the conference finals tho ...idk bout him ever making it again if he stays on the Knicks :lol:

Exactly. And it was the most significant moment of his career. Probably will never happen again.

My point was Paul George has already at least done that.

PG was inconsistent throughout the whole playoffs, & reaching the ecf is a team achievement, obviously the pacers are better than the knicks

I dunno if you realize this but Carmelo has been inconsistent at best his entire playoff career

Besides considering Hibbert and Stevenson's emotional collapses, the Pacers really were not all that this year

Last edited:

Exactly. And it was the most significant moment of his career. Probably will never happen again.

My point was Paul George has already at least done that.
Whats to say that PG gonna do more that tho ? .....You good tho, I know you a Melo hater so getting into a discussion about him is pointless :lol:

Hard-pressed to see Randle fall out of the single-digits. He's supplanted in the second-tier behind Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid even with the turnovers, reliance on the "bully game," and being a left-hand dominant player.

Dante exum will be rookie of the year
Bari's award to lose. His offense and jump shot will draw quick admirers.

I'd say Dougie a favorite as well, but I'm honestly very biased against him and not afraid to admit it. Count me as a detractor who is uncertain whether McDermott's elite scoring will translate immediately to the NBA. Wonder if he'll be a niche player more than a top offensive threat.

Back
Top Bottom