2014 NBA Draft Thread

I love Kawhi but he averaged 12.8 points and 6 boards a game on the year. He's worth more than a top 5 pick in this draft? :lol: get the **** outta here. I think the Spurs would deem him untouchable anyway.

Man...I hope ya'll don't do to Kawhi what ya'll did to Paul George.

Gas him beyond belief and then tear him down when he doesn't fulfill the unreal expectations everyone placed on him.

If you're saying Kawhi can be a top 3 SF...you're saying that in the near future he'll be directly under arguably the 2 best players in the world right now.

Have you watched a lot of Kawhi Leonard? Because I have, and I've been a believer for a WHILE.

The guy is a FANTASTIC defender, and has the ability to be a 20+ ppg scorer with EASE if he really wanted to.

And he's only 22........

kawhi is gonna be on an all defense team for the next decade. i'd take that over taking a chance in the draft.

i agree. i've followed him since his college days. the kid has always improved. didnt play much on the outside bc that wasnt needed, but he definitely can flourish. playing for the spurs isnt gonna hurt either :lol:

Last edited:
So KL is already a top 5 player at his position. Hmmm...Lebron,KD,Melo,PG, KL ?

And he'll be better than both wiggins and parker?

No. Not yet at least. And then you're saying he has the potential to be right behind Lebron and KD? I don't know. We'll see. That would an incredible sight to see if this happens. I don't see it.

Yep. That's exactly how I have it.

1. Bron
2. KD
3. Melo
4. PG
5. KL

And yes, I think he has the tools, athleticism, the ability and the potential (as well as the guidance and coaching) to be a top-3 guy. I can see him being better than Paul George and it's only a matter of time until he ends up being better than Melo. Melo has never been the all-around talent KL is. PG and KL will be battling for the 3 spot for years to come.

Parker is reminiscent of Melo to me, so that ends his consideration over KL. Wiggins is a fantastic 2 way player, question is will he live up to his monstrous potential? I can see Wiggins being a top-3 guy and battling PG and KL for that spot, but ultimately I think KL will cement his spot.

Consider this, he at only 22 years of age is already giving Bron absolute fits on the grandest stage of the game. What happens when he's 25, 26? What happens when he enters the prime of his game?

When Duncan and Ginobli retire he'll be the Spurs first scoring option.

And then ya'll are going to see just how stellar he is not just as a defender, but as a two-way player.

I've come around on kawhi, he's got more offensive game than I thought. Finals mvp is up for grabs, if he makes it his I might be a believer but I still don't think he even sees himself as "that guy", at least not yet

I LOVE Kahwi, but you guys are jumping the gun a bit. 20+ ppg as a number one option with defenses geared towards stopping him? That's not here yet, and we're a LONG way from that. The system he's playing in now couldn't be better for his progression. He's a better defender than the top SF's are and that's something he can maintain. Paul George isn't a great scorer, but he's still a far better scorer than Kahwi at this point. That's before we even get to the Melo/KD type ability to score. He's not ever going to have that, period lol.

PG is only a better scorer because he takes more shots, kawhi is a smarter offensive player than PG, kawhi knows how to move without the ball, something PG is allergic to doing, hes also a better finisher & never settles for flashy mid range fadeaways

PG is only a better scorer because he takes more shots, kawhi is a smarter offensive player than PG, kawhi knows how to move without the ball, something PG is allergic to doing, hes also a better finisher & never settles for flashy mid range fadeaways

Well I mean this is easy to say now but who knows the type of offensive player Kawhi would be if he were a #1 option. Perhaps he would end up taking bad shots, and long 2's, and fadeways, and things of that nature. Kawhi looks like the smarter offensive player now because he's not nearly relied upon as heavy as PG is right now.

Generally speaking, unless your bron, as a first option you'll more than likely have to take your fair share of bad shots. Comes with the territory of being a #1 option.

Overall, I love what i'm seeing in Kawhi right now in the finals, but until he gets in a position where he's asked to shoulder the offensive load as a #1 option and defend the best player on the other end of the floor in the process, i'll refrain from labeling him as a top 3 two way small forward.

Chane Behanan worked out today for the Chicago Bulls, also had Houston & Dallas this week.

This dude is too undersized to make the league

There's a whole new level of prisoners of the moment with this Kawhi thing right now but I will say his performance is rising my stock of Wiggins.

He never tweeted that.

Why post nonsense?

NBA Legion is probably one of you guys.

Sam Amico is one dude I trust and he said it all went well.

I read Hoopshype and posted the ****.

I don't care enough about the nba draft to check the twitters and all of that ****. Get a hobby.

Kyrie/dion/jabari is a nice young core to build around for the next 6-7 years if cavs get the right coach, kyrie going into his 4th year, the year that determines what kind of player he will be moving forward & i think jabari fits kyries game the best, kyrie cant be the #1 option, give jabari the keys & let kyrie & dion play off of him, you wont be able to do that with embiid & wiggins imo

Y'all gonna put Kawhi in the top 5 now ...then act confused when he putting up like 14 ppg next year :lol:

Y'all gonna put Kawhi in the top 5 now ...then act confused when he putting up like 14 ppg next year
laugh.gif
He does more than just score though...

Back
Top Bottom