2014 NBA Draft Thread

Draftexpress is head and shoulders above everyone, first to have video, and information on basically every major euro prospect. Bismack Biyombo, Greek Freak, Jusuf Nurkic, has them on their board before anyone else.

follows all the prospects development, from junior u16 to draft vs chad ford who mainly does college to pros. is at the major aau tournaments, european junoir events.

+measuremnet database
+ statistical database

Draftexpress>>>>espn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nbadraft.net

Speaking of European prospects, anyone know any info/comparisons for Dario Saric? I've heard the name and I've seen him in the top 10 of multiple mock drafts, but I don't know much about him.

Speaking of European prospects, anyone know any info/comparisons for Dario Saric? I've heard the name and I've seen him in the top 10 of multiple mock drafts, but I don't know much about him.

dominating against men as a 19 year old, Adriatic league MVP. has played well at every level, and developed every year, jumpt shot was the biggest question mark, I always thought he was a lottery talent after watching as a 17 year old at the hoop summit, his jumper was falt but mechanically sound, he's not a natural shooter, but good enough with his feet set, solid off the drible from mid range.

special passer, excellent feel from the game, great anticipation on both sides of the ball.

Think a Lamar Odom/Hedo Turkoglu mix, as his ceiling.

20 12 and 4 this year in croatia.

Last edited:
you guys actually read those sites? i swear any one of us can just grab some youtube highlights and make a site

:lol:

NBADraft.net is basically NTers messing around and making a site. Crazy comparisons. Always going for home run picks in mock drafts.

DraftExpress is actually a very legit scouting website. They sell their services to NBA teams (scouting reports on overseas FAs for example). They legitimately put up film and their scouting reports on players are really detailed, 10+ minute long and really show you how those players play. These aren't highlight films. Everything is level headed. They don't put up anything on freshman in college before late in the year. They don't buy into or create any type of hype. They go off body of work and the tools that are there. If you have any interest in the draft or college bball, it's a must-read site.

Actually had a chance to intern for DX but had to turn it down because of prior engagements with school back in 2011 |I :smh:

Last edited:
We like all the same players. Bari Brown, Spence, etc.

Did we just become friends :nerd: :nerd:

Nah but I like those guys and think they are just fine players in general, but they're like my homies too so i'm kind of bias in my analysis of them. I try not to be but it's hard :lol: :lol: hope they both get drafted in situations that allow them to play off the bat is what i'm hoping for.

Did we just become friends :nerd: :nerd:

Nah but I like those guys and think they are just fine players in general, but they're like my homies too so i'm kind of bias in my analysis of them. I try not to be but it's hard :lol: :lol: hope they both get drafted in situations that allow them to play off the bat is what i'm hoping for.
I wanted this year's Mizzou squad to flourish so bad. Bari truly picked up the slack Clarky left at the end of the season.

I love Dario Saric's game. This class has a real chance to be ridiculously good. Is he one of those guys that might not come over this year cause of a buyout though or what? I don't know what his situation is with that.

Also, what happened to Hezonja? Thought he was declaring this year.

I love Dario Saric's game. This class has a real chance to be ridiculously good. Is he one of those guys that might not come over this year cause of a buyout though or what? I don't know what his situation is with that.

Croatia making some noise.

I see a little bit of Stauskas in Hezonja.

I wanted this year's Mizzou squad to flourish so bad. Bari truly picked up the slack Clarky left at the end of the season.

Man who are you telling :lol: was very impressed at how he was able to shoulder the scoring load in a relatively efficient manner.

The thing with Bari Brown is, I see a lot of OJ Mayo in his game minus OJ's playmaking, but they both spent a lot of time taking and making a lot of tough shots coming into the pros. Measured around the same, both aren't tremendously athletic, both are undersized two's, etc. Bari is a guy who all is life, especially at the college level, has excelled at making difficult jumpshots, which can be a bad thing because those shots are only going to get harder on the next level. However, he did spend a very large time at the free throw line, taking over 7 a game. Free Throw rate tends to translate, and that's a great sign. Shows that while he does tend to take a lot of contested jumpers, (Shot almost 6 3's a game this season) he does show a tendency to mix it up a bit and not just stay on the perimeter.

His success in the league will depend on 1) who he gets drafted to and what that team's future outlook is looking like and 2) whether or not he can still get to the line as a 6'4 2 guard in the league. He was prolific at Mizzou though, and has some terrific scoring instincts, so we'll see.

But for obvious reasons i'm rooting for Bari to do well in the league as well as Spencer.

Last edited:
Looks like Aaron Gordon's shot has improved going off his workout video (even though obviously its edited).

This old video had me cringing (starting at 1:30). I like him. Shot still has me worried but he has everything else going for him.

Recent workout

Last edited:
Jusuf Nurkic...if the Nik Pekovic comparisons are legit, then he may shoot up the draft board.

That old video of Gordon is from high school and he was already drenched in sweat at the beginning of it so that was probably after hours of doing other workouts. He just looked like he was too tired to even have any lift left.

That old video of Gordon is from high school and he was already drenched in sweat at the beginning of it so that was probably after hours of doing other workouts. He just looked like he was too tired to even have any lift left.
Yeah, but he did mention he changed the mechanics of his shot recently in his combine interview. I'm hoping it works since I'm a fan of his game. I watched a couple old Arizona games today and he really is as good as he's hyped to be on defense. Makes very few mistakes and is always helping when he should.

Last edited:
With Bradley and Bayless being free agents and Rondo entering the last year in his contract, it seems weird that most mock drafts don't have Smart going to the Celtics. I've seen Gordon, Vonleh and Randle.

Not that Olynyk, Sullinger and Bass are world beaters.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking with Boston. I think that could be a good landing spot for McDermott. I don't know if you wanna pair Rondo with another dude who can't shoot in Smart.

Last edited:

Croatia making some noise.

I see a little bit of Stauskas in Hezonja.
I gotta watch some footage on Hezonja to see his footwork, athleticism, etc. I've read that he's supposed to be a talented player so I'm intrigued.

Randle would be perfect with the Celtics. Gordon has talent but he might need more time to develop than some of the other guys. All depends on what Ainge wants to do and if he's keeping Rondo.

He better keep Rondo and pair him with Randle.

If anything get rid of Rondo, Jeff Green and Sullinger together if you letting go of him.

Back
Top Bottom