• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a point though. Being 6-10 in the lottery is far worse than just barely missing playoffs or even making the playoffs and losing.

*kanye shrug*

These are some of the things some of us point out. But not very often agreed with.

You didn't have to post before me by 5 seconds, then you would have had the response. :lol:

No. 6th pick, or 14th pick, we didn't win the title. There is no "worse". If you refer to giving the Suns the better pick, sure, that absolutely changes 6 thru 14. Hence, we have to do better protecting ourselves than we did last year.

When you can build an entire offense around a soon to be 36 year old shooting guard coming off two major lower leg injuries who's entering his 19th year in the league, you have to do it.

Thats how you describe possibly the greatest player in franchise history?

View media item 1110436

Sounds like some **** from the Kobe hate thread :smh: :x

Don't be offended CP but junglejim has me in tears bro :rofl: :rofl:

Tanking the bible for rebuilding :lol:
10 page post :rofl:

Jungle stick around man and post more you're hilarious. :lol:

Lambasted though :rofl:

3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

this dude ltb fried as hell :lol:

:lol: :lol: Didn't even catch that. I just thought he was in a good mood. :lol:

Saver, how would you describe Kobe coming into this year, as he turns 36, in his 19th year, off 2 major leg injuries?

Last edited:
To whoever was talking about bets a few days ago - anyone want to wager a copy of Born Sinner on the Lakers' record this year?

I have a job too fam.
laugh.gif

No. 6th pick, or 14th pick, we didn't win the title. There is no "worse". If you refer to giving the Suns the better pick, sure, that absolutely changes 6 thru 14. Hence, we have to do better protecting ourselves than we did last year. For instance, Mitch should sell everything this time, as opposed to last year only dealing Blake. Something that cost us from finishing in the 3-4-5 slot, instead of the 6 slot.

Doesn't giving a good, young, budding team a number 6 pick inherently make it tougher for the Lakers to win a Championship though?  It may not affect the Lakers internally whether they finish 6th or 14th but doesn't finishing 14th make it easier for the Lakers in the future
Yes, a few people do, because Lin isn't very good, and Davis isn't a game changer. And Kobe may not be the Kobe you or I remember. Kobe and Lin is also the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA. They might be very good offensively, but defensively, they are a terrible duo. And Nash wouldn't change that either.
Agreed that none of those players are game changers with the exception of a possible healthy Kobe, but those players also add depth.  Lets not act like a Marshall/Swaggy P/Meeks back court was a defensive dynamo.

To whoever was talking about bets a few days ago - anyone want to wager a copy of Born Sinner on the Lakers' record this year?
I don't even know what the **** that is but I would wager that the Lakers do not finish bottom 5 next year (barring injuries to 4 or more players)

Last edited:
Chill out on the born sinner slander fellas.

Be happy. The weekend is here :pimp:

It's
Friday,
Fridayyyy...

rs_226x200-130423123125-tumblr_lmxw1ldvyw1qexvtu.gif

Last edited:
Doesn't giving a good, young, budding team a number 6 pick inherently make it tougher for the Lakers to win a Championship though?  It may not affect the Lakers internally whether they finish 6th or 14th but doesn't finishing 14th make it easier for the Lakers in the future

Yep, especially to a division rival.

I think the Lakers are in the 6-14 range bad. They don't have a shot at the playoffs - but they do have a shot at bottom 5 (any bad team does). So tanking would help them escape 6-14, the worst case scenario.

I don't even think of them sacrificing the playoffs by tanking because they're already out of the question imo. It's escaping the doom of 6-14.

Not everyone is gonna write off the playoffs already though (that's fine), so there's a difference in thinking. If I thought they had a shot at the playoffs, I would sit back and not care which way it swung... as long as it didn't stay 6-14.

Last edited:
Yep, especially to a division rival.

I think the Lakers are in the 6-14 range bad. They don't have a shot at the playoffs - but they do have a shot at bottom 5 (any bad team does). So tanking would help them escape 6-14, the worst case scenario.

I don't even think of them sacrificing the playoffs by tanking because they're already out of the question imo. It's escaping the doom of 6-14.
Yeah, no way this team is making the playoffs, but realistically I don't think they will be worse than the 76ers, Celtics, Twolves (after they trade love), Magic, Bucks, Kings, and Utah.  Four of those teams have proven that they can take it to a next level of tanking if need be.

When you can build an entire offense around a soon to be 36 year old shooting guard coming off two major lower leg injuries who's entering his 19th year in the league, you have to do it.

Thats how you describe possibly the greatest player in franchise history?

View media item 1110436

Sounds like some **** from the Kobe hate thread :smh: :x
I mean...what do you want me to say?

Utah and the Magic "could" have big come ups tho. They have a lot of young talent, and if they gel, they could do what Phoenix did last year.

And the Wolves are not a lock to deal Love. According to some, they may roll the dice. And if they carry him to the trade deadline, he could put enough wins on them, that they wouldn't have enough time to tank.

6ers and Celtics, no question, they will be tough. Bucks and Kings, just depends. Maybe Bari and Greak Freak + Sanders becomes something decent enough, early.

Kings, who knows? :lol:

So that has us in the 3-7 range. Meaning, we just have to do our best.

If they come out 10-9 like last year, but Kobe looks fresh, and the other guys are helpin, maybe even Nash :smile:lol ) then they can try to make a move. But last year they won 17 of the final 63 games after that optimistic 10-9 start. If Mitch gets anywhere close to that, he could make moves that he didn't last year, to help us in our endeavor. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. We'll see.

:lol: :lol: Didn't even catch that. I just thought he was in a good mood. :lol:

Saver, how would you describe Kobe coming into this year, as he turns 36, in his 19th year, off 2 major leg injuries?

There's dozens of ways but that's just OD negative Jesus Christ :smh:......only negatives missing from that description are rapist and snitch :smh:

Just like me saying lets build around a 5x Champ, MVP, 2x finals MVP, scoring champ, All Star MVP, and Slam Dunk champion would be called out for OD slurping.

A fair way would be a great player returning from injury to try and lead his team back to relevancy, something simple like that would suffice especially from a laker fan.

I thought he was describing Gilbert Arenas for a second, damn ! :lol:

Hey fellow fans, I know Beasley was worked out, can someone tell me how much $$ we have left to offer him? I thought Thompkins or Beaubois would have a shot to make the team too but it seems like our money's been spent

Hey fellow fans, I know Beasley was worked out, can someone tell me how much $$ we have left to offer him? I thought Thompkins or Beaubois would have a shot to make the team too but it seems like our money's been spent

We can only offer him the minimum. Like 900K to a million or so. Nothing Earth shattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom