Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
xq01xpH.jpg

KD and Russ in the Lakers practice facility?

View media item 1112950
Hopefully...permanently.

all the haters believe we are not gonna make the playoffs again this year but we are gonna stun em so hard , this team has quality and bench depth , smh rockets and grizzlies squads are  worse than ours and they have em guaranteed for playoffs lmao 

all the haters believe we are not gonna make the playoffs again this year but we are gonna stun em so hard , this team has quality and bench depth , smh rockets and grizzlies squads are  worse than ours and they have em guaranteed for playoffs lmao 

Hell is you talking about??? :lol:

Last edited:
Been watching some Julius Randle college and Summer League highlights tonight

He's going to be so good.

Positives:
-He's a double double candidate every night.
-He plays grown man basketball.
-He will get his rebounds through strength and effort.
-Has a ridiculous first step.
-Good finishing around the hoop, despite not having insane hops, and being short.
-Able to navigate traffic in the paint to either get a good look or draw a foul. Even if there isn't a good look he can overpower defense to get a shot up.
-He handles the ball better than almost every big guy in the league. He can take it coast to coast and beat some guys back.
-You put a 3 on him, he will body them down low. You put a 4 on him, he will take them with the first step.
-A solid passer for a big. Nothing special, but he certainly can hit the cutter, open man, and out of the post.

Negatives:
-He pays a little too loose. Looks like his body is flailing around at times.
-He doesn't have crazy hops, which will make things more difficult for him.
-I think he will get by on his defense on his man. But protecting the rim and help defense are a concern.
-He needs to develop a shot. If he can hit a 15-18 footer at a reasonable clip, it will make him one of the tougher matchups in the league because he can either body you down low if you're going small, take you off the dribble if you go big, and if you give him space he will hit that shot.

Upside:
-He is one of the most ready players in the draft. Jabari is probably #1, I would say Randle is #2 most ready.
-He works insanely hard, and has a good drive which should help him develop where he is lacking.

Last edited:
Agree on everything but I think he does have insane hops, just not his style of play. It's funny how no one ever gives blake any crap for his height or wingspan or defense but it seems like all you ever hear about randle :lol:. His first step will afford him easy buckets and his feathery touch gives him a knack for making contested shots - a deadly combination of skills.

It's really gonna be fun seeing how all these pieces mesh together. Guys like randle, lin, davis, clarkson are question marks to most fans as well as kobe post injury. The upside can't be ignored. I've been saying offense will not be a problem for this team and with the bench depth it will allow them to pressure opposing defenses all game long.

I was pretty disappointed in his rebounding in SL. But it's SL, so yeah. :lol:

I hope to hell Byron doesn't pigeonhole him as a post player exclusively.

I was pretty disappointed in his rebounding in SL. But it's SL, so yeah.
laugh.gif

jordan hill can cover his rebounding weakness he s a hell of a hustle player , thats not an issue :smile: 

There were some boards where he just rips the ball out of people's hands and away in a crowd. Also a couple where he only gets it because of extra effort.

Definitely positives.

Yea Byron Scott coaching Randle is starting to concern me. Seems like Randle wants to expand his game but BScott may delegate him to sctrictky a back 2 the basket type player

There were some boards where he just rips the ball out of people's hands and away in a crowd. Also a couple where he only gets it because of extra effort.

Definitely positives.
I'm looking for rebounding the ball where he is initially out of the vicinity. The overpowering for a rebound stuff is a sight to see though.

Yea Byron Scott coaching Randle is starting to concern me. Seems like Randle wants to expand his game but BScott may delegate him to sctrictky a back 2 the basket type player

That's what I've been afraid of. I just don't want Byron to want a pure post player to throw the ball to, then give most of the minutes to Boozer when Randle doesn't fit his idea of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom