Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he used it in Jersey too.

I was hoping he'd change since he has a roster full of players that should thrive in the open court besides Kobe and Boozer.

BUT HEY, HE KNOWS WHAT BEING A LAKERS IS ALL ABOUT.

Last edited:
Gary Collard ‏@LakerGMC 3m
You can talk about defense all you want, but when the only plus defender on your roster is Ed Davis it's going to be bad.

I don't know a lot about Ed Davis, but I trust Collard and he mentions him as a plus defender, so maybe he can help as well.

Former Cleveland coach running the Princeton (or parts of it)

I feel like we're in the Twilight Zone.

:lol:

What could go wrong?

Hey, at least the team is much younger this time, shouldn't have to worry as much about wearing guys down. Those days are pretty close to over for a while.

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 13m
Magic also said after last year he doesn't need to see another Laker three pointer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to 2014 Magic, where the NBA shoots more 3 pointers as a whole than ever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beyond all the Princeton stuff, what I really, truly want to know is, will Scott use any playbook plays from Riley back in the day?

All this be a Laker stuff, will he use any of the old Laker plays to get shots when needed? Stuff he learned, under Riley?

Part of why I wanted Fish so bad, the guy was raised by Phil, he could use a lot of the stuff he learned from Phil as a coach. (good and bad I suppose for a while)

Umm, Byron Scott is going to run the Princeton? :lol: :lol: :lol:

c5d82c90_mikeb.gif

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 13m
Magic also said after last year he doesn't need to see another Laker three pointer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to 2014 Magic, where the NBA shoots more 3 pointers as a whole than ever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhh man, it would be hilarious as hell if Scott build the team's entire offense around mid-range jump shots and in the post with this roster.

Last edited:
Byron Scott always saw something special in Kobe Bryant

View media item 1104657

There was once an 18-year-old who scored 24 points against the Golden State Warriors, a kid trying to make his way on one of the most influential franchises of all time.

"He has no idea," Byron Scott said back in 1997, "He's just playing and having fun and enjoying himself. He knows he wants to win a championship. But I don't think he knows all the stuff that goes with it."

The "he" would be Kobe Bryant, who had all the talent and all the desire but needed a few years to turn that into the first of five championships he would win with the Lakers.

Scott was a 35-year-old shooting guard near the end of his career when he re-signed with the Lakers for one last symbolic season before calling it quits on a 14-year run as an NBA player. The Lakers had obtained Bryant in a trade with Charlotte two months earlier, in July 1996.

Now they'll be reunited as Scott becomes the team's head coach.

When Bryant was starting out in the NBA, he always gravitated to older teammates such as Scott and Derek Harper. He spoke fondly of Scott when asked about him recently, referring to him as a mentor and, yes, a guy who made the rookie go on doughnut runs for him.

Scott seemed to like Bryant too.

"He is just like one of the guys," Scott said back then. "We remember his age at times. But a lot of times, you forget."

Now they're on the Lakers again, this time Bryant near the end of his playing days and Scott trying to resurrect his coaching career.

Bryant is welcoming it.

"We've had a tremendously close relationship throughout the years," he said three weeks ago when it became apparent that Scott was the team's preferred candidate. "I've always been a fan of his."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...s-byron-scott-kobe-bryant-20140729-story.html

How about we all go down to Sacramento and ball with rck?
nerd.gif
if by down, you mean youre headed south to the real capital of california....LA
Its crazy to think that the development and growth of California started up north and slowly trickled down south, specifically with the infrastructure (namely the transcontinental railroad) of the state thanks to the gold rush. The fact that Sacramento was first incorporated city of California says it all.

Add to the fact that as a young country, America was still (rightfully) afraid of attacks by sea, Sacramento makes pretty good sense since it is a good distance inland and had the rivers to facilitate transportation of goods and services, specifically to SF.

To my first point of Sacramento being the first incorporated city of the state, there wouldn't be any need to build a new city from scratch.... Although they probably should have taken flooding into account.....
eyes.gif

At the end of the day, it is what it is, the gold rush finally simmered down, WW1 and WW2 vastly changed the landscape of the nation, specifically in the core industries and Sacramento, for lack of a better term, was left in the dust.

Moving the capital city now would probably be too radical of a change but at least the capital wasn't settled in Vallejo or Benicia 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom