• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its crazy to think that the development and growth of California started up north and slowly trickled down south, specifically with the infrastructure (namely the transcontinental railroad) of the state thanks to the gold rush. The fact that Sacramento was first incorporated city of California says it all.

Add to the fact that as a young country, America was still (rightfully) afraid of attacks by sea, Sacramento makes pretty good sense since it is a good distance inland and had the rivers to facilitate transportation of goods and services, specifically to SF.

To my first point of Sacramento being the first incorporated city of the state, there wouldn't be any need to build a new city from scratch.... Although they probably should have taken flooding into account.....:rolleyes

At the end of the day, it is what it is, the gold rush finally simmered down, WW1 and WW2 vastly changed the landscape of the nation, specifically in the core industries and Sacramento, for lack of a better term, was left in the dust.

Moving the capital city now would probably be too radical of a change but at least the capital wasn't settled in Vallejo or Benicia :lol:

:lol:

This brightened up my day a little

Wish I had that PS of Kobe holding 8/8 at the dunk contest though

Last edited:
laugh.gif

This brightened up my day a little

Wish I had that PS of Kobe holding 8/8 at the dunk contest though
I've got a MS Paint drawing of Derrick Williams I started on this morning. 

I'm about 80% done with it, I'll post it in the redraft thread tonight.....

Hopefully that brightens up your day even more 
laugh.gif

So rumor has it that Byron Scott is looking at adding Robert Horry, Mark Madsen, Gary Payton and Paul Pressey as assitant coaches to his coaching staff.

Certainly guys that players should listen to, but I know nothing of them as assistants or what they've done in the past.

LOVE the idea of Payton working with players individually on defense tho. :smokin

Mitch zeroing on Byron from the get-go.

Byron saying Kobe could play some point guard.

The Princeton Offense.

Forcing the ball into the post.

The rings comment about other organizations.

All the coach speak.

:x :lol: :lol:

The Princeton Offense.

All the coach speak.

I read a tweet about the force the ball down low, but it was cut off. What was the context of what he was trying to say? He plans on posting up Boozer, Hill and Randle all year, or what did he mean?

The Princeton Offense.

All the coach speak.

I read a tweet about the force the ball down low, but it was cut off. What was the context of what he was trying to say? He plans on posting up Boozer, Hill and Randle all year, or what did he mean?
“In the offense that I run, post players are important. They’re very important because I think a lot of our guys are probably going to play one-on-one. If they get played one-on-one, they’ve got to be able to make a move down there, so it’s something that we emphasize, but they’ve also got to be a hub. They also have to be able to pass the ball, set screens. They have to know how to play the game of basketball. If we got a guy down there that can score, we’re going to throw him the ball.”
To his credit, Byron did mention "wanting to get up and down, spreading the floor and not having the ball stick" but I'm not holding my breath given his history.

We just gon have to wait and see how it goes, all I know is whatever mda was running last year was not working. Dudes were out there looking lost 90% of the time.

We just gon have to wait and see how it goes, all I know is whatever mda was running last year was not working. Dudes were out there looking lost 90% of the time.

We had a top 5 bench last year. They were very efficient.

On defense, sure.

But there's a difference between talent deficient and ineffectiveness.

Last edited:
They are going to dump the ball down to kobe. I remember seeing a blurb that he is either the best or close to being the best post player in the entire league. Lakers would be idiots not to implement some of dantoni's offense and I think that's where nash and Madsen come in and also the intention, at least partly, behind the lin trade. Kobe has also proven to be effective at point guard and I've thought for years that he would transition there as his career goes into its twilight. He shouldn't guard pgs but he should be de facto PG like in the triangle days, wHich does resemble the Princeton which kobe supported at least publically.

If byron is open to suggestion and can establish a consistent role and identity for each individual, this can be a very dynamic and versatile offense. Offense will not be the problem with this squad

On the contrary, guys like Xavier, Meeks, Nick Young, Kendall Marshall, Bazemore, Kelly, and Wes all looked very comfortable.

I have a feeling some of these guys looked as good as they did because of MDA, but I gotta see them play this year to be sure.

just read Nash thinks "This might be his last year"

Not sure how the season is going to go, but it appears lakers didnt use the stretch provision, or trade ol boy so he could play it out in the purp x gold on his own terms.

props to the organization if this is really the intent

nash getting a proper farewell in a laker uni > this seasons record

watch mitch trade nash before the all star break :lol:

We had a top 5 bench last year. They were very efficient.

On defense, sure.

But there's a difference between talent deficient and ineffectiveness.

I agree I thought out bench looked really good (mainly because out bench was basically starting the whole year :lol:)

But idk man, I can think of multiple times where I was watching in the last minutes of the 4th quarter I'm sitting there like ok, "all y'all have to do is NOT foul on the 3 pt line.." What do they do? Foul on the 3pt line..like they really looked lost out there on defense

just read Nash thinks "This might be his last year"

Not sure how the season is going to go, but it appears lakers didnt use the stretch provision, or trade ol boy so he could play it out in the purp x gold on his own terms.

props to the organization if this is really the intent

nash getting a proper farewell in a laker uni > this seasons record

watch mitch trade nash before the all star break :lol:

He wasn't stretched because we didn't get a top tier FA. Had we, he'd be gone.

Finally saw the Byron Scott press conference , I was surprised how emotional he was to be coaching the team...he got choked up and everything.

I'm getting optimistic about this season , but I'm always optimistic so that ain't saying much :lol:...still I think we're gonna do a lot better because last season was so terrible there's really nowhere to go but up.

Wish Pau was here to see how Scott would use him since he's talking about throwing the ball into the post already, that ship has sailed tho |I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom