• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually has a lot in common with mda in that sense. From what I read about him he can be stubborn. One thing that has been consistently said about him is that he is very capable of establishing a team identity which has been severely lacking the past few years.

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Kobe/Henry
Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre

If this is the rough depth chart, who becomes the “defensive lineup”?

With luck, Clarkson turns into our best defensive player. As a rookie. So, odds are long there. But slot him as the PG

Clarkson
Henry
Wes
Davis
Sacre

That would be our best defensive team, as of right now, IF Clarkson can be that. If not, and you have to slot Lin, yeesh.

Thing is, that group is terrible on offense, so Scott would need every timeout in the world late in games to sub in and out dang near each possession. (not likely)

Then there’s this, where’s Kobe, late in games? If he still thinks he’s the man, then he wants to be out there, well, that’s bad. Cuz defensively, he’s not helping.

In (theory) he could become the PG since I assume Clarkson is really gonna spend a lot of his time in the D-League.

So now, Kobe, Henry, Wes, Davis, and Sacre. Now put that 5 on the court vs OKC, SA, Houston, Portland, LAC, Dal, and you get shredded, every 4th quarter. No stops comin late in games, with our best grouping.

Injury wise, if we lose Nash (we will) he won’t hurt our defense, he could even help, if they bring Clarkson up. If we lose Kobe or Boozer, not much hurting on the defensive end. They are the 3 oldest. The rest of the group is young, at the very least, we’ll have legs and movement again. Randle, tho not a strong defender yet, is 19 and gives 110%, with luck, maybe he becomes pretty good, pretty quick. And if he and Clarkson both learn how to play D early, that would be a huge boost. Problem is, will they? We don’t even know if they will get on the court much, early. In a perfect world, they’d get the keys right away, and be playin 35 minutes a night opening night. Since they are going to try and appease Kobe, and make it look like they’re playin for somethin, Kobe, Boozer, maybe even Nash could get a lot of PT early, hindering the young kids we need to develop. (kind of why it would be a good thing for Nash to get shut down early, and force them to play Clarkson sooner than they want)

And Boozer does nothing but slow Randle down, which really sucks. :smh:

In New Jersey, Scott had Kidd and K-Mart, two of the best defenders you could want. In New Orleans he had CP3 and West. (I think Tyson Chandler for a season too) So it’s easy to see why he had better defensive units, then.

In Cleveland he had nobody, and they were terrible on D. Same coach as NJ and NO.

We don’t have a Kidd, or a K-Mart, or a West, or a Tyson, or a CP3. Our best defender right now might be Wes, or Sacre. Maybe Davis, and maybe someday Clarkson. That’s a lot more Cleveland looking, than NJ or NO looking. Our defense was terrible last year, and of the 5 we brought in, we need the two rookies to leap immediately for any chance at improving, cuz Boozer and Lin sure ain’t gonna do it. And Davis, maybe he could be an upgrade, but he takes minutes from Sacre, who was our first or second best defender last year. (That’s why I put Sacre AND Davis on the court together for our “Best” defensive unit.) And they would be terrible on offense together. :lol: But for just one stop, last possession, etc, they are the duo I would think would get the pairing. If he sends out Hill and Boozer, well…..expect some last second losses.

Our best hope is going to be outscoring people early, and having a big lead as long as possible.

Oh, yeah that's Swaggy. I thought he was askin who was under Swaggy.

If that is the starting lineup, Nash, Kobe, Young, Boozer, Hill. There will be more than a few 40 point first quarters for opposing teams. :lol:

He's not great, but they gotta start Wes. Get at least someone defensive out there with Hill.

If that is the starting lineup, Nash, Kobe, Young, Boozer, Hill. There will be more than a few 40 point first quarters for opposing teams. :lol:

He's not great, but they gotta start Wes. Get at least someone defensive out there with Hill.
I can see Lin starting but it's not really that big of a surprise of Nash starts. That front line tho :x :smh:

Would rather see:

Lin
Kobe
Wes
Randle
Davis

Bench:
Clarkson/Nash
Henry
Young
Kelly/Boozer
Sacre/Hill

with Nash, Boozer and Hill being 3rd strings...but that most likely is not going to happen

Although it won't matter it should be:

Lin
Kobe
Wes
Boozer
Hill

Nash
X
Swaggy
Randle
Sacre

With Ed Davis/Kelly rotating in with the bigs

This still equals out to a crap load of losses but we will be in the 35-40 win range. And I doubt we have as many 40 point losses as we did last year.

It got bad last year. At one point we had like 3 games in a row of 20+ point losses lol
Even Laker haters felt bad for us :lol:

Last edited:

I absolutely hate Wes Johnson, but yeah i definitely agree there. IF they want to be competitive at all defensively no way they can start a Lin-Kobe-Young lineup. It's going to be a layup drill :x

Nash/Lin/Clarkson
Kobe/Henry
Young/Johnson
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis/Sacre

If this is the rough depth chart, who becomes the “defensive lineup”?

With luck, Clarkson turns into our best defensive player. As a rookie. So, odds are long there. But slot him as the PG

Clarkson
Henry
Wes
Davis
Sacre

That would be our best defensive team, as of right now, IF Clarkson can be that. If not, and you have to slot Lin, yeesh.

clarkson has the speed,length and athleticism to be a good defensive pg. really hope he comes into training camp and realizes showing out on the defensive end will lead to him getting minutes, the offense will be there.  

I absolutely hate Wes Johnson, but yeah i definitely agree there. IF they want to be competitive at all defensively no way they can start a Lin-Kobe-Young lineup. It's going to be a layup drill
sick.gif
no way you start both swaggy and kobe. you signed swaggy to do what he does best, come off the bench and cook. 

who is starting between Nash and Lin?

I cant see Kobe and Young working out on the floor at the same time for long :lol:

never knew the hate for wes was that big :lol:

i personally liked him. kind of like an ariza light when he was here. showed flashes of doing some good things. great athleticism. decent defensively?

i'd run a lineup of:

lin/nash
kobe
wes
boozer
hill

bench:

nash/lin
swaggy p
kelly
randle
davis

henry/clarkson/sacre for when injuries start to pile up.

Oh I like Wes a lot, he's just not that good.

But he's close to the best defender we have. He just.....disappears for long stretches. Or something.

He has the skillset, length, etc, just not sure why he isn't much better, at this age especially.

Maybe, Glove could help him. :nerd:

I'm almost positive it will be Lin, Kobe, Wes, Boozer and Hill starting and Nash (Clarkson on back to backs), Henry, Young, Davis and maybe a Sacre cameo rounding out the rotation and Randle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom