2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarver was drunk from depression did a lot of 2k rage trades yesterday, wouldn't read too much into it.

In some subtle way the fact that the Suns don't think they're risking much by giving away the protected pick does help me feel more optimistic about getting it :lol:

Saw a tweet yesterday that said the Suns think the Lakers have a good chance of keeping it and they'll be much better in 2016 (when they'll likely get the pick)

:smokin

Byron thinkin about putting Nick Young in the starting lineup.

They need to clear the damn roster so Kelly can get more time on the court. See if he's any use off the bench someday.

If they aren't going to buy-out anyone :smile:rolleyes), just go with:

Hill, Kelly, Wes, Ellington, Clarkson starting with Sacre/Black, Booz, Swaggy and Lin coming off the bench.

I'ma lose it when I see a 4th quarter crunch time lineup of Hill, Boozer, Young, Ellington, and Lin trying to steal wins.

I will absolutely, lose it. Mitch, Byron, Jim, Jeanie, Magic, Kobe, James Worthy, Mike Penberthy all gonna feel my rage.

I pray Byron isn't that stupid, but I mean, c'mon. :lol:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
  • Kupchak said LAL have basically been building around Kobe for a decade plus, but obviously now turn attention to "starting a new run."
  • Kupchak said LAL can't jeopardize the next 5-7 years just to win during the final year of Kobe's contract by bringing in veterans.
  • As far as management goes, Kupchak said he has the same authority under Jim Buss that he did under Dr. Jerry Buss.
  • Mitch Kupchak on b-ball ops decisions: "Jimmy (Buss) and I work very close together, and he does not make decisions in a vacuum."
  • Kupchak:"For some reason, (Jim Buss) gets a lot of the criticism; maybe that comes with the transition form Dr. Buss, but that’s not fair."
  • Kupchak said that if a decision gets to the point where he/Buss disagree: "I think (Jim) would defer." That's how it was w/Dr. Buss too.

Mitch saying Draft is important, next 5-7 years, won't chase old(er) FA's..... :wow:

My God, have my prayers been answered?!!??!??!?!??

Funny because you ask for certain players like Kelly to get more PT to help the tank.

Then when he gets a lot of PT and does well, you're calling Byron an idiot for playing him so much and not benching his ***. :lol:

It's not hard to decipher. It's really not. You can figure it out if you think it all the way thru.......

954599500.png

Not at all suprised by Mitch's comments about Jim.

These guys aren't trying to lose, I mean things haven't gone their way. They got cp3, that got veto'd. They got Dwight and Nash and they both got injured and became ******* pansies.

Could they have tanked better, sure. But coming from a team that has been on the cusp of winning championships year in and year out, that is a hard pill to swallow. Last year they were in limbo about the tank, this year they have gone as far as possible without looking like the Sixers.

I have faith in these guys, although many may not and I guess I don't blame those who don't, and I hope next year could be the first year of a next great Lakers run.

Go Lakers!

Mike Trudell on Twitter: Kupchak on Magic: "He’s one of the reasons I’ve been here for 30 years. Earvin wants nothing more than this franchise to get back on top."

-@LakersReporter

Not buying any of the fodder from Mitch. I wanna see actions not words, preserve that pick; then I may not believe everything that comes out of his mouth isn't [emoji]128002[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji].

The appeasement tactics don't suffice anymore. We need substance.

Not buying any of the fodder from Mitch. I wanna see actions not words, preserve that pick; then I may not believe everything that comes out of his mouth isn't [emoji]128002[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji].

The appeasement tactics don't suffice anymore. We need substance.

Hey man, it's better than last year's "unfortunately we have a top pick" bull ****. :lol:

And he didn't flip Randle, Clarkson, the Houston pick, or loosen the protections on the Top 5. It's a start.

Why Hill wasn't traded...

‏@stevekylerNBA
@cru2492: was there a market for Jordan Hill? ---> he would not approve a trade, so it was moot without picking up his option

Could potentially use him as a draft deal. Pick up his option if we find a taker to package with Rockets pick for maybe a young guy or to move up.

Or we decline option and decide between he and Davis depending on cost differences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom