2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the all star break Jeremy is actually playing better than he was during linsanity under mda

Byron scott >
No he's not.

And I think people took the point too far. It wasn't to bring back D'antoni 
laugh.gif
. The point was just that Scott is a terrible coach and ironically this team downgraded in coaching. Not saying D'antoni would bring the Lakers to where they want to be.

Also, the point wasn't about this season. I'm happy the team is in the position to get a top 5 pick. I think the team will realistically be the 3rd worst team. The point is for the future, which we hope is sooner rather than later, Scott will take a team nowhere, even with talent. Does anyone disagree with that? 

Lin isn't worth ****.

He is classicly "shining" after a trade deadline, on a crap team where he can get stats, in a contract year.

10 games ago he couldn't dribble a ball, now that the deadline has passed, he's "hot".

Morons fall for that **** every year. See Young, Nick.
I don't want him back, but you can't deny Scott is finally giving him opportunities which has finally made him more comfortable. He had the shortest leash on the team. Also Price's injury allows for Lin to finally get more consistent time. They're also finally running things he's great at aka the pick and roll with Davis and other bigs. He's getting put in positions where he's shown he's solid. 

I don't want him back at all though. 

Last edited:
Like I said, his run magically coincides with the deadline passing.

He had 25 games to earn his next contract, surprise surprise he's responded. :lol:

No he's not.

Paul Villarreal @CNM_JLin_Vids
To help put Jeremy Lin's 26.5 post-All-Star-Game PER into perspective, Lin's PER in "Linsanity" New York was 19.9. Wow.
#Lakers #NBA

Paul Villarreal @CNM_JLin_Vids
Jeremy Lin #7 in #NBA PER ranking after all star game (26.5)

And I think people took the point too far. It wasn't to bring back D'antoni :lol: . The point was just that Scott is a terrible coach and ironically this team downgraded in coaching. Not saying D'antoni would bring the Lakers to where they want to be.

I'm not sure it's really a downgrade. I can't find the average margin of victory/defeat but last year's team was getting beat down on a regular basis including a 48 point loss to the clippers. You can say they both suck but I'm not sure there's a case for mda being much better than scott.

Also, the point wasn't about this season. I'm happy the team is in the position to get a top 5 pick. I think the team will realistically be the 3rd worst team. The point is for the future, which we hope is sooner rather than later, Scott will take a team nowhere, even with talent. Does anyone disagree with that? 

Scott has taken a team with talent to the finals before tho :\

Last edited:
that hate on Lin. smh.

He still schooled guys and played for the Lakers. He‘ll inspire. Guys worship the Young, but despise Lin, SMH. Id take Lin over Young any time of the day. Guys absurd, forgetting the impact he‘s legitimately had on the game. If guys roughed Lin, Chandler would stand up for him. With Young? Not even his IG groupies, nor Izzys Pop.

Lin may not play up to your standards, but he is ground breaking.

No Whiteside (suspension) make the Heat even thinner that usual. :smh: The Whiteside-Deng-Wade-Dragic quartet should be enough to overpower the Lakers, I think.

Tank Watch 3/4
Nuggets vs T'Wolves...A Nuggets win wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather the T'Wolves start picking up wins. Go T'Wolves.
Knicks vs Pacers...Not much hope left in New York. I mean in general, not just after last night. Go Knicks.
Jazz vs Celtics...The Jazz on the up and up thanks to the Gobert-Favors-Hayward frontcourt. Go Celtics.
76ers vs Thunder...God bless the 76ers for trying to stop Westbrook's return from the dent. Go 76ers.
Suns vs Magic...Things seems to be unraveling for the Suns, who have been in a freefall since the trade deadline. Go Magic.
Kings vs Spurs...The Kings playing the second night of a back to back after spanking the Knicks. Go Kings.

Last edited:
No Whiteside (suspension) make the Heat even thinner that usual.
mean.gif

Tank Watch 3/4
Nuggets vs T'Wolves...A Nuggets win wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather the T'Wolves start picking up wins. Go T'Wolves.
Knicks vs Pacers...Not much hope left in New York. I mean in general, not just after last night. Go Knicks.
Jazz vs Celtics...The Jazz on the up and up thanks to the Gobert-Favors-Hayward frontcourt. Go Celtics.
76ers vs Thunder...God bless the 76ers for trying to stop Westbrook's return from the dent. Go 76ers.
Suns vs Magic...Things seems to be unraveling for the Suns, who have been in a freefall since the trade deadline. Go Magic.
Kings vs Spurs...The Kings playing the second night of a back to back after spanking the Knicks. Go Kings.
Whiteside only got fined. No suspension.

Lin isn't worth ****.

He is classicly "shining" after a trade deadline, on a crap team where he can get stats, in a contract year.

10 games ago he couldn't dribble a ball, now that the deadline has passed, he's "hot".

He's clearly worth something as a reserve on a contending team, which I stated in my last post. And nick young was ballin all last year, not just after the trade deadline. I have no qualms with a laker fan hating on lin(though he came with a 1st rd pick, we should rejoice his presence here lol). But I swear, yall let the hate blind your rationality sometimes

Lin isn't worth ****.

He's clearly worth something as a reserve on a contending team, which I stated in my last post. And nick young was ballin all last year, not just after the trade deadline. I have no qualms with a laker fan hating on lin(though he came with a 1st rd pick, we should rejoice his presence here lol). But I swear, yall let the hate blind your rationality sometimes

Mkay, and where was Lin during the first 50 or so games? How "good" was he then?

He's hot right now, working for a new contract, that doesn't make him an actual useful piece.

BTW, he was on the Rockets last year, in the first round, as a "contributor", ask some Rocket fans what he contributed in that series. :nerd:

I honestly don't know if lin is garbage or if he should've been traded/bought out because he hurts the tank and a contender would have been interested

Mkay, and where was Lin during the first 50 or so games? How "good" was he then?

He's hot right now, working for a new contract, that doesn't make him an actual useful piece.

BTW, he was on the Rockets last year, in the first round, as a "contributor", ask some Rocket fans what he contributed in that series. :nerd:

U make great points. U always do. But that doesn't necessarily invalidate my opinion on the matter. Our entire offense before kobe got hurt was piss poor. All we did was throw the ball to kobe in the high post while everyone else stood around and watched. What penetrating, Pick and Roll PG would thrive in that kind of offense?

He may very well pull the same disappearing act he did with the rockets in the future. But I think the kid has some value. Not as a starter or on a bottom feeder, but somewhere imo

So he doesn't hurt the tank and there shouldn't be an issue with him getting pt? Clarkson seems to be developing just fine regardless. Seems like a win/win

It's the same story every year with lin. Dude is always horrible before trade deadline

Balls out after.

Lin fans got millions of excuses for him sucking and none of them are his fault apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom