2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys mix and match so much that you lose sight of what’s been said.

Never once, ever, have you seen me say that tanking = easy title. Ever. You’ve NEVER, EVER, seen me see say that.

We need to tank, to acquire assets. Young, talented, cheap, assets. THEN, we need to spend wisely in free agency, solid, good, affordable, not passed their prime, talent. THEN, we need a good coach, not named Byron. THEN, we need to develop those pieces/parts together, and make our run. At that point, if we are close, THEN, we can trade future assets, or expendable assets, to bring us to that final step.

Losing and drafting well netted us Nick, Eddie Jones, Lynch, Elden Campbell, Peeler, and then a solid get in Ced Ceballos. Bring in a FA, Shaq, draft well with Fish, make a move for young Kobe, sprinkle in Fox/Horry, depart a couple guys, spend a couple years meshing, add Phil, title(s).

Kobe in hand, Odom via trade. Draft well with Bynum/Farmar, bring back Phil, small vet signing in Fish, small deal for Ariza, big trade for Pau, year meshing/healing, title(s)

Right now, Randle, Clarkson, need to tank to KEEP our pick, hopefully land a good one (Towns or Russell-Mudiay), Houston pick pans out hopefully, Spend on FA either this year, or preferably after Kobe leaves, buy 1-2 great pieces, hire a new coach, maybe a small deal for something extra, play a season or two, and by 2017 after the lockout/strike is over, maybe we make that run.

Read those scenarios. Groundwork laid out. NO WHERE, do you see me say only, Tanking. No, it takes much more work than that. Tanking is merely a step in that process. Something we have explained, talked about “complained about”, rehashed, over and over in here. You guys take the word tank literal, and believe that’s all we want, forever and ever. And it will work out great. :lol: Yeah, no.

Minnesota, doesn’t draft well enough, nor can they sign FA’s. Nor do they have a great coach.
Sac? See Minny.
Bucks? See Minny, and Sac.
Philly? See Minny, and Sac, and Bucks.

WE, are not them. As much as I get on Mitch, one thing he does is draft/eval talent well. He really does. Ariza, Farmar, Bynum, Ed Davis, Clarkson, even retreads like Shannon and Earl Clark work out well under his watch. He does have a great eye for pulling in talent. Hopefully Randle will join that list. As well as this year’s picks. On top of that, we have money. LOTS of it. We aren’t small market. On top of that, we have LA, the city. We aren’t Minny, or Milwaukee, or Indiana. Etc.

So please, for the love of God, stop throwing the God damn 76ers in our face, or the Minnesota we drafted 9 point guards in a single draft cuz, well, I dunno Timberwolves in my face, and say tanking doesn’t work. Those teams are dim wits with a severe lack of resources.

The LA Lakers, do not lack resources.

Last edited:
Tanking/keeping the pick is only one piece of the puzzle to becoming successful. At least for a team in the Lakers' position.

As is a good coach, etc.

Which is why we can complain about Byron but also want the L's. It's not wanting it both ways and contradicting, it's looking at two pieces of the puzzle.

God bless you.

Losing and drafting well netted us Nick, Eddie Jones, Lynch, Elden Campbell, Peeler, and then a solid get in Ced Ceballos. Bring in a FA, Shaq, draft well with Fish, make a move for young Kobe, sprinkle in Fox/Horry, depart a couple guys, spend a couple years meshing, add Phil, title(s).

Kobe in hand, Odom via trade. Draft well with Bynum/Farmar, bring back Phil, small vet signing in Fish, small deal for Ariza, big trade for Pau, year meshing/healing, title(s)
West & the good Buss (RIP). :frown:

West & the good Buss (RIP). :frown:

I know.

Why do you think I been so frustrated with Mitch/Jim? Mitch can spot talent, I will never deny him that, but he's been lacking in the other moves department, and that is a huge reason for concern.

Nick Young out tonight and tomorrow with a sore knee.

:smokin

Only 3 guards dressing tonight.

Last edited:
Lol the steteotyping. Car-Los. Barkleys. Damn, Jason kidds sons head made them crlebrate mothers day n hia bday together

Both teams played hard :pimp:

Hope the guys party it up in south beach tonight

Last edited:
Tank is safe... Too bad the damn Knicks wanna get blown out against Sac :smh:

Any chance we had of catching the Knicks or Sixers went by the wasteside last week. Just gotta hope the Wolves can get it together with a brutal schedule. Or we throw both games against Philly later this month and the remaining 2 vs Minny.

Last edited:
smokin.gif

Don't worry about Knicks or Sixers. You're just going to get super frustrated.

I'm just an optimistic guy. Doesn't get me frustrated ...I just hoping the same way the Lakers all of a sudden won 3 in a row out of no where any of the 3 teams ahead of us can do the same. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom