2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

byron is a tear or two away from

nba_a_jordan2_sw_200.jpg

cant even find any humor.on this team. thats how bad, a discussion about arm pit hair.would.suffice

They talked about the celebration/ Kobe clip on PTI.

They dropped an amazing stat.

Nick Young since coming into the league in 2007 has the second most losses amoung any active player with 351. He has only won 171 games.

:smh:

I take back any positive thing I have ever said about Nick Young.

Like mike singeltary said. You can't win with this guy...

And that stat means?????

Says zero about Nick Young, other than he's been on horrible teams, unless you want to attribute that losing to Nick Young and Nick Young alone, then it's just shaping numbers to prove your point, rather than having something truly meaningful. Unless you think Nick Young has the capability of a Kobe Bryant to take a team that stinks to the brink of the playoffs just on his shoulders alone, and then I guess you think more highly of Nick Young than I do.

2007-08: Last year of the Wizards. They got to the playoffs on Antawn Jamison & Caron Butler in their prime, tail end. Beginning of the end for Gilbert, their franchise guy.
2008-09: 2 games of Gilbert. But couldn't rebound, and couldn't defend.. Went from 43 wins to 19. A lot of it is Ed Tapscott was interim coach after they fired Eddie Jordan for a 1-10 start. Tapscott was never a coach, had no real coaching experience,always a Front Office guy, and it showed. That's the explanation of the Wizard drop off, along with Gilbert.
2009-10: Injuries to Butler 41 games, Jamison 47 games, Arenas 32 games.
2010-11: Everything gone.. Team led by Rookie John Wall who is not the John Wall you see today. Swaggy was the number 1 option.
2011-12: John Wall regressed in his 2nd year. Swaggy was the number 1 option. Traded to the Clippers.
2012-13: Clippers bring in Jamal Crawford, so Swaggy is out. Took most money. MLE from the Sixers. Decent team, but had no star. Jrue Holiday is the #1 guy.
2013-14: Comes to the Lakers performs well. No Kobe. Pau dogging it.
2014-15: Plays well the first 6 weeks, had defensive numbers that were mind boggling. Then hits a HUGE wall at the turn of the year.

So we can talk Swaggy this, Swaggy that.. Oh look at him. He's never been on a winner. He was drafted to a team that was falling apart due to injury. Spent 4-1/2 of his first 8 seasons there. Traded to a winning team, then gets replaced by a more proven commodity in Jamal Crawford. He picks a Sixers team devoid of a star. Then comes to the Lakers, who are at a crossroads.

He's on losers, because it's just the luck of the draw. And that happens. Happens to plenty of players. But to say Oh well Swaggy P therefore shouldn't be a Laker is nonsense. He's a 6th man, he's a microwave guy. He gets hot, he can drop 25. But has his times where he couldn't buy a bucket from 3 feet. Every type of 6th man known for their scoring has that.

BUT if you want to say Swaggy can steal games, or he's the reason those teams lose... Then secretly you give Swaggy much more credit than you should.

Kevin Love 2008 - 2014 125 wins. 364 total games.
Nick Young 2008 - 2014 123 wins. 405 total games.

.343 win % to .304

The difference between Nick Young & Kevin Love over that time is a 24.9 win team and a 28.1 win team. No he's not as good as Kevin Love. But just shows you a comparison of team performance.

They celebrated a win. SO WHAT. I'm so sick of hearing "That's not the Laker way." "That's not what Lakers do." "That's not what this franchise is about." It's bull. This mindset that we are too good for things because it's the Lakers is the reason why Byron Scott is our coach because he "knows the Laker way," the reason we currently are where we are because the rest of the league has passed us by in other facets, and why getting players is so much more of a chore than it used to. Because nobody gives a damn about those past titles. You are trying to sell them on a name, and not results, like these kids today care. They want results, evidence, not what you did 5 years ago with a completely different team.

Last edited:
thats a lot of text, time and effort to defend a terrible player...

i always encourage people to put effort into their posts but dont waste your time defending nick young, you're better off defending the starwars prequels 

Welp, Nick young talk again.

He sucks, and has never been on a good team.
That stat on PTI has value because it shows consistently that teams he's on suck.
What do you want to attribute it to? Bad locker room culture? Gives people the vibe to **** around. Talks a lot of **** but can't back it up on the court?
I mean how one can defend Nick youngs sorry excuse of a basketball player is beyond me.

Also E, I'm one of those people that doesn't want K love for those same reasons. Never been on a winning team till he met lebron. That's absolutely inexcusable for a player in a league where over half of the teams make the playoffs.
Kahn didn't draft well? Don't wanna hear it, as far I'm concerned he isn't good enough to lead a team, but wants all the shine. Doesn't that sound like Dwight? (Except dwight actually led his team to the finals before.)

Last edited:
essentials moreso complaining about how u guys ***** and moan about everything and conveniently use stats when they're to your advantage and ignore them when they don't support your argument. But there's only like 4-5 ppl in this entire thread who's opinion on the matters is worth even listening too. So yea, wasted keystrokes

essentials moreso complaining about how u guys ***** and moan about everything and conveniently use stats when they're to your advantage and ignore them when they don't support your argument. But there's only like 4-5 ppl in this entire thread who's opinion on the matters is worth even listening too. So yea, wasted keystrokes

Fair enough.

Does the fact that Nick Young is a career 42% shooter, who averages like 2 rebounds and 1 assist for his career count as stats that matter?

Cuz that wall of text didn't mention those, so, who's ignoring things that don't support an argument? :wink:

:lol: I was actually thinking of Smush as NY. :nerd:

Luke could at least pass the ball, and didn't act a fool when we won a game.

Yea but their careers are running very parallel.

2 players with a certain skill set that shined in the previous coaches system but works nowhere else so they were blessed with a great contract but will never live up to the money and spend the rest of the contract cheering on the bench.

essential1 essential1 I see your point.

Personally I'm just done with him and the antics. I didn't have a problem with him at first, was even ok with the contract.

But he is wearing on me.

Can he contribute to a good team? It's possible...but can he shoot you out of games? Yes he can. I have seen it too many times.

I see the stats with K. Love and trust me I don't want him either.

I don't think its a waste. He is putting his opinion out there and isn't that the intent of the board?

Fair enough.

Does the fact that Nick Young is a career 42% shooter, who averages like 2 rebounds and 1 assist for his career count as stats that matter?

Cuz that wall of text didn't mention those, so, who's ignoring things that don't support an argument? :wink:
Pac mentioned a stat pertaining to winning percentage. So essential addressed how flawed that logic was in his post. So yes those stats are important, but that wasn't apart of the discussion
Nick young is a great but streaky scorer off the bench and a slightly above average defender. If you're expecting anything more from him than that, you're barking up the wrong tree. I like him, yall hate him. No biggie

Fair enough.

Cuz that wall of text didn't mention those, so, who's ignoring things that don't support an argument?
wink.gif
Pac mentioned a stat pertaining to winning percentage. So essential addressed how flawed that logic was in his post. So yes those stats are important, but that wasn't apart of the discussion
Nick young is a great but streaky scorer off the bench and a slightly above average defender. If you're expecting anything more from him than that, you're barking up the wrong tree. I like him, yall hate him. No biggie
he's not a great scorer even when he's not shooting 30% though

and 
laugh.gif
 at above average defender

Did someone say 42% 2 rebounds and 1 assist?

View media item 1419825

And every got damn fan in this thread would take him before nick young except for two guys

Two guys who seems to always defend nick young and alot of bad moves the lakers do

But im glad to see your boy reggie jackson playing like nick young a true legend of this franchise

Cant wait for the nick young statue outside of staples

What a clown this nick young is

That video of him all hyped up after the win was straight up disgusting. I felt embarassed for everyone involved dude looked so ignorant thought i was watching a minstrel show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom