2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this. If I had a championship ready roster I'd pick Nick Young up in a hurry as my 6th or 7th man. He can come in and get you buckets and all his antics and stupidity can be covered up on a championship squad. He's perfect for that role.

But we wont be in championship contention for the life of his contract that's why I personally don't get why we have him now. 4 years ago he would have been perfect for us. But not now. His skill set soley depends on the players around him.
Frankly he's a talented idiot.

I agree to all that..

I think why he's here now... Is if we can get close, we have a guy in place. Instead of getting to the playoffs with a strong 5, and losing because you have no one on the bench. Which happens to teams every year.

Last edited:
Chris paul is great at picking pockets, but any1 else feel like he's overrated as hell as an on-ball defender? I vividly remember Deron Williams eating his lunch routinely back in his hayday

Chris paul is great at picking pockets, but any1 else feel like he's overrated as hell as an on-ball defender? I vividly remember Deron Williams eating his lunch routinely back in his hayday

But today Deron Williams probably couldn't eat his own lunch without choking on a Cheeto.

Chris paul on defense is like money mitch from paid in full. "Everybody eats". He's better than a lot of guards but he's no Tony allen

e380dk.gif

What's funny is the convincing guys are doin that Nick would help or be perfect off the bench on a title team.

A 42% "scorer" who just chucks. Long two's and three's. (Off balance usually).

Doesn't post up. Doesn't drive to the hole. Doesn't dunk or finish in traffic. Not even much mid range, 15 feet in.

No boards, no dimes, no team defense, just one on one D.

A "scorer".

Spurs didn't have that. Manu did lil of everything.
Heat didn't have that. They had defenders and shooters.
Lakers didn't have that. LO had all around game.
Mavs, maybe? But they had Terry, Barrea, Peja all lights out, not any one guy.
04 Pistons? Nope.

06 Heat? Toine Walker start, or off bench? But he could rebound, so not sure.

So, what title teams use a 42% "scorer" with no passing, rebounding, or team defense?

The "perfect" bench role, on a title team, for Nick tho.

:lol:

Nick will never be on a championship winning team because a championship craving coach and a championship craving front office will never bring Nick "I give myself my own nickname like a true lame" Young

Playing "S---gy -" is idiotic basketball

We brought Vince Carter to Memphis to basically be what Nick Young is. Vince Carter was the same player in Dallas and was shooting the ball from deep extremely well. No one cares about your poor shot selection if you are good at making them. This year, VC is playing poor and it makes his poor shot selection look even worse.

The thing is....you don't hear anyone calling Jamal Crawford out with his poor shot selection and 39% shooting from the field / 33% from 3. 
laugh.gif
 He's always "one of the best 6th men in the league".
i wouldnt want crawford on my team either, guys like him and nick literally dont bring anything else to the table other than score

there is a misconception that instant offence off the bench means a iso player that can sometimes hit contested mid range shots

when you look back on championship teams of the past its never a microwave instant offence guy who makes the difference, its always a team oriented role player who steps up at a crucial moment and can bring other things to the table when they are not scoring (passing, defense, ect..)

its not about a player that can create his own shots, with the D focused on the star player(s) role players will always be able to get decent looks

all you need in a championship team is a guy who can take advantage of those open looks (mike miller, fisher, kerr, danny green) while bringing a lot more to the table than just being able to show off hotsauce handles and midrange jumpshots 
from the nba thread

I want to see some stats comparing Jamal Crawford & NY in the 4th q. of close games.

I want to see stats of both in the waning seconds of close games.

Before people are laughed at for having one (Jamal) clearly above the other (NY), let's make sure they're really as equal as the overall numbers suggest.

I want to see some stats comparing Jamal Crawford & NY in the 4th q. of close games.

I want to see stats of both in the waning seconds of close games.

Before people are laughed at for having one (Jamal) clearly above the other (NY), let's make sure they're really as equal as the overall numbers suggest.
on a championship team a guy like jamal or nick is not needed in late game situations 

you run an iso for your star player and have shooters standing around to space the floor, there is no reason a over .400 team should ever be running an iso for the 6th best player on the team during a late game situation

but to answer your question, i dont have numbers but to me the two guys are about equal. both have no use being on a decent nba team 

Nick "I give myself my own nickname like a true lame" Young
Like Shaq Kobe and Lebron have never given themselves a nickname. Alotta ya'll just hate his character and it's showing.
Kobe: Arguably the best Laker ever

Shaq: the most dominant big man in the game ever

Lebron: Magic and Pippen type of talent who has won 2 rings, and has put up stats the game has never seen.

NICK ******* YOUNG: bum who averages 15 1 1.

My god.....

Need P to come in and objectively explain if Ed is worth 10/per in this market.

Because as expensive as that is, with a good team around him... Ed seems like he would be a KEY component to a contending team.

Kobe: Arguably the best Laker ever
My god.....

My god?
You're defending somebody else's point with irrelevant arguments. Those were a couple dudes I thought of off my head, there are plenty dudes in the game that have given themselves their own nickname. Only point I was tryna make

Need P to come in and objectively explain if Ed is worth 10/per in this market.

Because as expensive as that is, with a good team around him... Ed seems like he would be a KEY component to a contending team.

I didn't see the explanation of why Amin Elhassan said $10m/year, I don't have ESPN Insider, which I think it was on.

But I think he could be a big contributor, he's young and still has some growing to do.

The problem is, it's the cart before the horse. $10mil considerably cuts into what we do this off-season. Don't have a max for anybody, not even a RFA.

So we'd have to be okay with the Top 5 pick, the Rockets pick, Ed Davis, and role players as our addition.

We'll be still pretty bad, and no path forward to show a big name FA, all we can say is.... We have Julius Randle & this top 5 guy. So we likely strike out again in 2016 on the top tier guys, unless someone is frustrated enough to leave their team for a worse one.

Last edited:
all self given nicknames are lame (kobe's included), problem with nick young is that his lame nickname is literally the only thing he has going for him 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom