2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CP1708  @PMatic  @Essential1

Let's just say next year, we got young talent, kobe gets hurt again, and we're treading 10 games under .500 by the new year. Are yall advocating another tank year? Or just too much luck involved to keep the pick in 2016?

I know the answer; just figure I'd open the discussion. 

Steve Nash ‏@SteveNash 1h1 hour ago
I'm the hardest 41 yr old you know Brodie. Watch your mouth or temecula RT @DeanTheMadKing: **** you YOU WASHED UP FRAIL *** *****!!!

Candidate for greatest tweet ever. :lol: :pimp:

@CP1708
 @PMatic
 @Essential1

Let's just say next year, we got young talent, kobe gets hurt again, and we're treading 10 games under .500 by the new year. Are yall advocating another tank year? Or just too much luck involved to keep the pick in 2016?

No, the tank officially ends in April.

Say we pull Towns, Randle, Clarkson and the Houston pick. That's 4 kids, learnin the NBA. We don't want them to learn to lose, ala Philly, and the like.

Last year, and this year, we haven't had the youth like that, we've had worthless bum *** vets, like Boozer, Lin, Nick Young, garbage scraps that no one should care or worry if they get used to losing, because they suck anyway.

If it was top 7 protected, and we could excuse it as, Kobe's hurt, no free agent signed, another kid gets hurt (like Randle did), then maybe you would try to slip a few spots and get another pick. Top 3 tho? Way too difficult to pull that off without a Cleveland come up. If we finish 11th, and jump, great. If we finish 11th, and don't jump, so be it. That's what we get for dealing for Nash, gotta live with it. But at least Towns, Randle, etc would have played hard, and learned on the court how to play in the NBA. Let Kobe ride off into the sunset, and spend that money to help get them some friends to play with.

@CP1708
 @PMatic
 @Essential1

It's Top 3 protected... Wayyyy too hard to get that again with 2 lottery picks and some other young talent. Just as much chance hoping that we get a frozen envelope.

I figured, was just thinking about how long it's gonna take to be back in the playoffs, then figured young teams lose alot. ala T-wolves.

Agreed it's damn near impossible to keep the pick 2016. 

@CP1708
 @PMatic
 @Essential1

I think they'll just play it out next season.

You figure Mitch and Jimmy are going to use the cap space this summer to upgrade the roster to the point that being really bad is unlikely.

lol. its bout wat ur opponents are doing, not u..hoard picks till lbj, kd, contenders kill each other off.

cuban understood this.

But Cuban blew his cap space on Ellis, Calderon and Dalembert before he took advantage of Phil.

:lol: Cuban understood what? What did he do any diff/better than other teams? (Outside of Dirk's contract)

laugh.gif
Cuban understood what? What did he do any diff/better than other teams? (Outside of Dirk's contract)
I don't know.  I have no idea in hell about what LA will do or not do.  It's just a guessing game from here on out.  Would just like to see how these draft picks as a whole turn out for the NBA.  Draft picks aren't jokers in a 5 card draw.  They're a crapshoot.  Unlike most owners, Cuban was more involved with his team.  He's what Jerry Jones aspires to be.

They talked about the celebration/ Kobe clip on PTI.

They dropped an amazing stat.

Nick Young since coming into the league in 2007 has the second most losses amoung any active player with 351. He has only won 171 games.

:smh:

I take back any positive thing I have ever said about Nick Young.

Like mike singeltary said. You can't win with this guy...

:lol: Cuban understood what? What did he do any diff/better than other teams? (Outside of Dirk's contract)
I don't know.  I have no idea in hell about what LA will do or not do.  It's just a guessing game from here on out.  Would just like to see how these draft picks as a whole turn out for the NBA.  Draft picks aren't jokers in a 5 card draw.  They're a crapshoot.  Unlike most owners, Cuban was more involved with his team.  He's what Jerry Jones aspires to be.

I literally have no idea what you are tryin to get at.

What do draft picks, most owners, Cuban, and Jerry Jones have to do with LA?

And what LA will do seems fairly obvious as of now. Collect their draft pick(s), then try to sign some decent free agents, let Kobe ride out his year, then add yet another free agent or two. 2 years time, they could be 7-8 deep and be able to attract vets over for bench roles to fill out the roster.

Not seein what crapshoots, Cuban, or Jerry have to do with any of that tho.

They talked about the celebration/ Kobe clip on PTI.

They dropped an amazing stat.

Nick Young since coming into the league in 2007 has the second most losses amoung any active player with 351. He has only won 171 games.

:smh:

I take back any positive thing I have ever said about Nick Young.

Like mike singeltary said. You can't win with this guy...

4 year contract. :pimp:

I literally have no idea what you are tryin to get at.

What do draft picks, most owners, Cuban, and Jerry Jones have to do with LA?

And what LA will do seems fairly obvious as of now. Collect their draft pick(s), then try to sign some decent free agents, let Kobe ride out his year, then add yet another free agent or two. 2 years time, they could be 7-8 deep and be able to attract vets over for bench roles to fill out the roster.

Not seein what crapshoots, Cuban, or Jerry have to do with any of that tho.

typical blue print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom