2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We already have big men.  Is Towns or Okafor really a game changer?  A franchise type big?  We got Randle, Hill and Davis.  They are servicable and I dont know if Towns or Okafor is huge upgrade at that position.

D Russell is a scorer, volume shooter.  We got enough scoring wings on the roster.  Mudiay can play the 1 or 2, is athletic and can defend, and that is EXACTLY what we need more than anything else.  Him and Clarkson, and we are set in the backcourt for years. 

Stanley Johnson would also be a great pickup.  Him being from the area helps.  But in terms of need, Mudiay or Johnson would be the best fit for us.  I just like Mudiay more because he looks to have a bigger upside.

Towns, Okafor, Jordan Hill.........

Russell, volume scorer........

Mudiay can play the 1 or 2, but Russell can't.........?

We have enough wing scorers..........?

The international guy with no film, you have a bead on him tho.....

Please forgive me for not co-signing this post, sorry. :lol:

Well to get Dragic it would cost either Lin or Hill + Rockets first. Couldn't get it done any other way. So we'd be half way there.

Lin would make more sense for Suns, a PG to hold team over and still try to make playoffs.

Then just have to figure out how to get Hill up out of here.

Then it'd all balance itself out.

Damn watching the rising stars showcase makes me mad that lakers have none while the Timberwolves have 4 out there but how about Rudy Gobert though [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Damn watching the rising stars showcase makes me mad that lakers have none while the Timberwolves have 4 out there but how about Rudy Gobert though [emoji]128527[/emoji]

This is what I mean. It‘s not about LA, it‘s about the competition. It makes no sense trying to buy guys and then fall short of contention. They‘ll probably try to find corner stone guys and hopefully a big that can help contend. Been saying it all along, IMHO, LA and any successful franchise have won with Big Men.

With that said, it would be good to lock in some talented wing players as well.

I would prefer a franchise enter playoffs year on year out, even if it means an early exit. The experience is somethinf you can‘t necessarily buy.

Last edited:
^ No one wants to play if there‘s no meaning. This is the mind set of the teams and players in this day and age.

Just my opinion.

This is what I mean. It‘s not about LA, it‘s about the competition. It makes no sense trying to buy guys and then fall short of contention. They‘ll probably try to find corner stone guys and hopefully a big that can help contend. Been saying it all along, IMHO, LA and any successful franchise have won with Big Men.

With that said, it would be good to lock in some talented wing players as well.

I would prefer a franchise enter playoffs year on year out, even if it means an early exit. The experience is somethinf you can‘t necessarily buy.

You're either a drunk or one of the greatest trolls I've ever experienced.

So now the rumor is we will try to trade for dragic before the deadline.

Who would we have that the suns want? And damn why would the suns deal with us knowing that we are tanking to keep that pic... :smokin

Giving us Dragic now gives us a chance to drop out of the top 5, and give that pick to the Suns for sure.

Then we have to spend the 80 mil on a 29 year old, instead of paying a top 3 pick 4-5 mil a year for 4 years.

Mitch, no.

he can sit in a suit for the next 2 months. youre welcome.

Who would we have that the suns want? And damn why would the suns deal with us knowing that we are tanking to keep that pic...
smokin.gif
Giving us Dragic now gives us a chance to drop out of the top 5, and give that pick to the Suns for sure.

Then we have to spend the 80 mil on a 29 year old, instead of paying a top 3 pick 4-5 mil a year for 4 years.

Mitch, no.
thats exactly whats happening to the first white pg we got from the suns

Who would we have that the suns want? And damn why would the suns deal with us knowing that we are tanking to keep that pic... :smokin

Mitch, no.

thats exactly whats happening to the first white pg we got from the suns

but this one doesnt have a history of back problems and he is not CPs age :\

Well, let‘s see what happens then. All you folks thinking signing a guy or two means something and will catapult us. Guys talking like Randle n Clarkson are future Laker HOFers. lol

It‘s just my opinion, but LA will either buy up guys or start from scratch. The latter makes more sense, because the franchise had no impact on Melo, LBJ, D12 and many others. It further substantiates the ordeal that guys are playing to win tomorrow, not a few years later..

I went to bed real early last night, but my thoughts on Reggie Jackson:

- 24 (turning 25 in April) yet experienced
-Athletic, strong frame, above average height, long arms
-Quality defender, can defend PGs and some SGs
-Very good rebounder
-Solid playmaker for others
-Gets out in transition
-Able to get himself into the paint
-Finishes well at the basket
-Questionable shot selection
-Average efficiency scorer

Provided a big man is selected in the draft, I would take the gamble. I don't think he's on his way to being an All-Star, but he's a starting PG with his best years ahead of him. I would offer 4 years-$44M in the summer.

Frame of reference since last summer:

Isaiah Thomas got four years-$27M ($7.2M and declines)
Kemba Walker got four years-$48M ($12M throughout).
Kyle Lowry got four years-$48M ($12M throughout)
Ricky Rubio got four years-$55M ($12.7M and climbs).
Eric Bledsoe got five years-$70M ($13M and climbs).

Last edited:
New report from Kevin Helin/Marc Stein... Suns prefer to trade Isaiah Thomas over Goran Dragic...

Could be to try to get more for Dragic... But if it's at face value, they won't trade either.

Wouldn't include a the Rockets 1st..
But
Hill + Lakers 2nd for IT2
Or
Lin + Lakers 2nd & Clippers 2nd for IT2

Both fine with me.

Suns kind of screwed IT2 trade value by floating the idea of dealing Dragic and only asking for a first for Dragic.

Last edited:
New report from Kevin Helin/Marc Stein... Suns prefer to trade Isaiah Thomas over Goran Dragic...

Could be to try to get more for Dragic... But if it's at face value, they won't trade either.

Wouldn't include a the Rockets 1st..
But
Hill + Lakers 2nd for IT2
Or
Lin + Lakers 2nd & Clippers 2nd for IT2

Both fine with me.

Suns kind of screwed IT2 trade value by floating the idea of dealing Dragic and only asking for a first for Dragic.

What would be the Suns incentive to trade IT2 for hill and a 2nd?

Alex Kennedy was talking about Jimmy Butler, and discussed teams that would be interested in him. He said teams like Lakers & Knicks would show interest. Whether they make a Free Agent offer is a different story.

But discussed how you could TRY to get Jimmy Butler from Chicago. He said you make the deal very player friendly as opposed to just a standard max offer which would get easily matched. You give him a max offer with a huge trade kicker, and a series of player options in Year 2-4, or 3 & 4. Makes it a short term deal, better for the player, and makes it much riskier for the Bulls to match.

While they probably still match because Jimmy Butler is on his way to All-Star performance, it gives him frequent outs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom