2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys keep talking like it's just about LA.  It ain't about LA.  LA is up for the LOST DECADE while other teams will become contenders year in and year out.

Translation.

Makes no sense for LA to pick up guys and rebuild if it ain't going to compete, so they're gonna spend a few years ACCUMULATING ASSETS and making a run at a nucleus.

Therefore, it will be brutal.

Last edited:
I rather have Bev too, but unlikely we'd land him.

And I would hope Reggie wouldn't need to deal with Byron, cuz he should be fired. Asap.

My best case would be luck into a PG with Houston's pick, and Clarkson as a rotational backup.

Towns/Randle/3/Kobe/Houston pick
Davis/Black/Young/$$$/Clarkson
Sacre/Kelly

To me, that says spend money on a SF/SG hybrid that can start alongside Kobe, and spell Kobe.

Doesn't tie up 4/60 type money, and go bigger fish 2016 after a year of exposure for Towns/Randle/Clarkson/Houston pick.

That is more what I have in mind.

Reggie is simply better alternative than buying Rondo or Dragic.

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 40m40 minutes ago
The NBA thought the union would be all for cap smoothing - but found a wall of resistance - barring shift, cap will climb significantly 2016

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 39m39 minutes ago
Assuming the 2016 cap blows up to $90 million, Durant's max will start at $27M, four year deal will be around $110M. Damn.

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 39m39 minutes ago
Only players who will benefit from raised cap in 2016 are those signing contracts in 2016- NBA's plan had $ going to all players immediately

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 38m38 minutes ago
Because the Lakers project to be a cap team in 2016 - they should have even more $ to spend, once Kobe's $ drops off

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 33m33 minutes ago
Keep in mind that if the cap goes up - so do max salaries

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 31m31 minutes ago
MLE, BAE, Room exception, min salaries, etc. are on a fixed schedule in CBA - raised cap doesn't impact - but max contracts jump

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 30m30 minutes ago
The cap blowing up also emphasizes how important it is to spend money on SOMEONE this summer. Max someone out. You won't overpay.

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 30m30 minutes ago
$70M for Knight/Harris/etc., for instance, might seem like a lot now but it might be in incredible bargain under the new cap realities.

:nerd:

Tobias Harris at the 3? I like him a lot. I dunno about 70 mil, but I like him alot. :lol:

Problem is wed have to pick one guy now and one guy later

Wish we could get a dragic/knight/Jackson and deandre Jordan. (E brought it up, I like it a lot)

Then you could get a durant or russy 2016/2017 with cost controlled rookies

Wish we could get a dragic/knight/Jackson and deandre Jordan. (E brought it up, I like it a lot)

cost cpbtrolled rooks? lol

u sound like a tyrant. jk

cost cpbtrolled rooks? lol

u sound like a tyrant. jk

Ant Davis was a cost controlled rookie. All that means is that a good player on a small rookie contract

So now the rumor is we will try to trade for dragic before the deadline.

Who would we have that the suns want? And damn why would the suns deal with us knowing that we are tanking to keep that pic... :smokin

Who would we have that the suns want? And damn why would the suns deal with us knowing that we are tanking to keep that pic... :smokin

Giving us Dragic now gives us a chance to drop out of the top 5, and give that pick to the Suns for sure.

Then we have to spend the 80 mil on a 29 year old, instead of paying a top 3 pick 4-5 mil a year for 4 years.

Mitch, no.

To make us better so they can get towns :frown:

You think Dragic would make that much of an impact?
We'd still be pretty bad, but if they simultaneously get rid of Lin/Hill and Boozer, it would be a wash. And I wouldn't mind it at all actually.

The $80 mil question is will they sell off the other vets?

We already have big men.  Is Towns or Okafor really a game changer?  A franchise type big?  We got Randle, Hill and Davis.  They are servicable and I dont know if Towns or Okafor is huge upgrade at that position.

D Russell is a scorer, volume shooter.  We got enough scoring wings on the roster.  Mudiay can play the 1 or 2, is athletic and can defend, and that is EXACTLY what we need more than anything else.  Him and Clarkson, and we are set in the backcourt for years. 

Stanley Johnson would also be a great pickup.  Him being from the area helps.  But in terms of need, Mudiay or Johnson would be the best fit for us.  I just like Mudiay more because he looks to have a bigger upside.

We already have big menIs Towns or Okafor really a game changer?  A franchise type big?   We got Randle, Hill and Davis.  They are servicable and I dont know if Towns or Okafor is huge upgrade at that position.

D Russell is a scorer, volume shooter.  We got enough scoring wings on the roster.  Mudiay can play the 1 or 2, is athletic and can defend, and that is EXACTLY what we need more than anything else.  Him and Clarkson, and we are set in the backcourt for years.

Stanley Johnson would also be a great pickup.  Him being from the area helps.  But in terms of need, Mudiay or Johnson would be the best fit for us.  I just like Mudiay more because he looks to have a bigger upside.

Last edited:
Reggie Jackson contract year

12.8 ppg
1.8 to
.1 blk
.8 stl
4.2 ast
4 reb
86% ft
27% 3p (4.1 3pa)
43% fg (14.8 fga)

4 years, 66 million. "Do it Mitch"

Nick Young contract year

17.9 ppg
1.5 to
.2 blk
.7 stl
1.5 ast
2.6 reb
82% ft
38% 3p (5.5 3pa)
43% fg (13.9 fga)

4 years, 20 million. "Franchise crippling"

do yall even analytic?

Homers gonna homer

Giving us Dragic now gives us a chance to drop out of the top 5, and give that pick to the Suns for sure.

Then we have to spend the 80 mil on a 29 year old, instead of paying a top 3 pick 4-5 mil a year for 4 years.

Mitch, no.

Plus we prolly gonna have to give up randle or another first round pick for dragic lol

These guys

Just check every other post he's ever made, you'll see it plenty then.

Forreals sheesh...

If we signed a trash bag full of ***** and put a laker jersey on it hed argue how much better signing the trash bag full of ***** is compared to reggie jackson

Not sure if westbrook or iggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom