2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

Keenan Allen and Zach Ertz to the 49ers at 31 & 34 then use the rest of the pics on defense. Trade some picks for the future you got too many

Anyone read or hear about the SI article on Tyrann Mathieu?

There ain't a chance in hell he stays clean. NO WAY. He's got a legitimate addiction.

There is a new one?

My bad...meant ESPN the Mag.

12599949-small.jpg

Hi, My Name Is
Honey Badger Tyrann

Tyrann Mathieu is out of rehab and living alone, trying to convince himself (and NFL GMs) that he's more than his old habits and nicknames.

Tyrann Mathieu has tried a dozen forms of therapy since drugs derailed his life, but on this morning he decides the best antidote to temptation is a long walk alone. He arrives at Pompano Beach in southeast Florida just after sunrise and parks his car in an empty lot. He pulls a hooded sweatshirt over his famous shock of yellow hair and tightens the waistband on his mesh shorts. Then he kicks his shoes into the sand and starts walking barefoot toward the surf.

The idea of a beach walk started as a recommendation from his athletic trainer -- another drill meant to prepare him for the 2013 NFL draft, another psychological exercise he initially dismissed as "pointless." But as draft day nears and his anxiety mounts, Mathieu relies on the walks as part of his routine, an escape between timed 40-yard dashes and interviews with NFL executives who want to rehash his mistakes. He has never been particularly good at dealing with stress, its effects already reducing him from a 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist to a recovering addict with an arrest record. The walks are part of his rehab, what he calls his Phase 2, and he says they have helped him stay sober for three months and counting.

Rest of Article in Link

This is a LONG, but excellent read.

Tuning in to watch the Jets draft Te'o at 9 for all the media attention he would bring with him...

It's the Jets way.

I think the Bucs may draft this guy (3 visits with him, lives in Florida now)....and I'm kinda scared...

EXTREMELY risky move. Dude has a legit addiction. He'll need a babysitter 24/7. Pretty much, he can't be trusted alone.

If you're a team from 14-19 and you really wanted Tavon chances are you gotta trade up to get him.

Especially with the Jets sitting there at 13. Although they have a lot of holes to fill, after this whole PR nightmare with Revis I have a feeling they want to make their fans happy with an exciting player like Tavon at 13 instead of going back-to-back linemen.
So McShay may be right with that one.

Last edited:
[table][tr][td]Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Teams that have made calls about moving back in draft include PHIL, DET, CLEV, BUFF, MIA. Doing what they should.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vikings GM Rick Spielman intrigued w trading down from 23 or 25. Does not see likelihood of trading up.

Spielman says lot of interest from teams in 23/25. "The phone has been … the most active it’s been in awhile because of where we’re picking"

Spielman says #Vikings put in more time than ever with two 1st-round picks, still had coaches out doing workouts late last week.

Dan Weiderererer and Tom Pelissero on Twitter

I'm...excited.

Last edited:
Someone find that interview of Mathieu on NFL AM...downright laughable 
laugh.gif
 He admitted that it'll be hard for him to be trusted if drafted by the Saints due to the crowd he hangs with in Nawlins.

Back
Top Bottom