2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

Yeah Sanders stock has been rising steadily for quite some time now. Don't think it'll be in R1 though...And supposedly Eddy Lacy didn't make the best impression at his workout. Via Bucky Brooks
Bucky Brooks         [emoji]10004[/emoji] @BuckyBrooks
The lack of preparation also makes you wonder about how much he loves football, and whether he will commit to doing the hard work

Lacy was unable (or refused) to burst at the end of runs, which is concerning when 5 NFL RB coaches are there to work him out.

But he literally shut it down during the positional workout. He was huffing and puffing and unable to finish drills.
Still a 1st round guy, though.

Last edited:
On Commings? I don't think it is. Not at all, actually. Just what I've been hearing post senior bowl, combine, etc. Good height/weight/speed but nothing 'special' on tape I've seen.

He's probably closer to the 3rd than 1st

If you liked Keenan before his 40 it shouldn't really affect your views told him. He was still not 100% from that knee and it's not like he was some kind of blazer on offense anyways

Keenan's gonna get mashed in the NFL. If anything...nothing about him says first round to me, so if you can get him in later rounds, then yeah, but eh...There's much better options out there in my opinion.

I don't care what round guy he is, really. I just feel like I know he isn't a first round guy. Given how this draft is for receivers, I wouldn't have him on my board at all for the first three rounds and the only way I would think about taking a flier on him is if he was available after the 3rd round.

Put it this way...Nothing about him or his highlights scream that he should be taken in the first round ahead of a bevy of other guys and given that I like what others bring to the table at the next level moreso than I do about Keenan, then to me it's too risky to take him over anyone else.

Last edited:
keenan allen is the goods in my opinion , always looked like a man amongst

boys when you watched him.

if anything i think cordarelle is gonna struggle in the nfl and first round is to rich for my blood.

my man would constantly disapear 20 plays at a time...and its gonna be extremely hard to

get him the ball as a receiver in the nfl..the upside is when he gets it in his ands it over.

his success in my opinion is gonna be based on the team he goes too and the offense he runs

keenan allen is the goods in my opinion , always looked like a man amongst
boys when you watched him.

if anything i think cordarelle is gonna struggle in the nfl and first round is to rich for my blood.
my man would constantly disapear 20 plays at a time...and its gonna be extremely hard to
get him the ball as a receiver in the nfl..the upside is when he gets it in his ands it over.
his success in my opinion is gonna be based on the team he goes too and the offense he runs

I was impressed on how many balls Kenan caught his brother had thee worst accuracy

I don't care what round guy he is, really. I just feel like I know he isn't a first round guy. Given how this draft is for receivers, I wouldn't have him on my board at all for the first three rounds and the only way I would think about taking a flier on him is if he was available after the 3rd round.

Put it this way...Nothing about him or his highlights scream that he should be taken in the first round ahead of a bevy of other guys and given that I like what others bring to the table at the next level moreso than I do about Keenan, then to me it's too risky to take him over anyone else.

Gotcha. You tabbed him as a later round guy so I just wanted to see your thoughts on him

Put it this way...Nothing about him or his highlights scream that he should be taken in the first round ]
not really a highlight reel kinda guy

The point is, there is nothing in his film that suggest he will provide anything in the NFL over any of the other receivers in this draft. Furthermore, most of what he did best in college won't come as easy on the next level and makes me seriously question whether he'll be a productive wideout in the NFL.

He was the target of a lot screens and in half of those he went down by first contact not even 6 yards down the field. Half of the other ones the DE or whomever was seconds late recognizing it. He gets eaten up in the NFL by that.

So many times I saw him against 7-10 yards of cushion. Made no sense, but he did what anyone would do...He sat, caught the ball and got maybe 1 YAC. When he played from the slot he was up against LB's half the time. Sure, he beat most of them, but on many occassions he barely did. In the NFL, the linebackers won't be so forgiving when they can match and beat his speed, and god knows what may happen if a CB decides to press him.

Watch his tape against UCLA and you'll see what I mean. My take away...He can catch. Reliable hands in traffic and has a good feel for sitting in the right spots against a zone. Other than that...Meh. And the closing speed for defenders in the NFL negates half of what Allen is able to do.

I could be wrong, but I don't see the upside that makes him worthy of being picked ahead of guys like Patterson, Austin, Woods, Nuk, etc. My gut tells me he could pan out, but given what I've seen...It's best to stay away.

Last edited:
that 2nd int was on tavon , but he was working them...back shoulder passes , down the middle of the field , worked the flats

and scramble whenever he needed to get out of trouble...and didnt play half bad when under pressure

it sucks west virginia defense looser than ben ballers ex

Last edited:
Worth the #4 overall pick though?

I'd feel more comfortable managing to secure Geno in the mid-first after trading back. Less risk, less $. Chip still gets his QB for the future.

Worth the #4 overall pick though?

I'd feel more comfortable managing to secure Geno in the mid-first after trading back. Less risk, less $. Chip still gets his QB for the future.

I don't want geno at 4 or ej at 35.. I see too much value at other positions

Back
Top Bottom