2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

if fluker makes the move to guard he'll be unstoppable

at tackle youy always have to wonder how he's gonna deal

with the speedier outside guys

still not nearly as sloppy andre

if hes up to it no question he can thrive....

also , i haven't even watched a single lane johnson video

and maybe only watched him play 3-4 times...i keep hearing

he has a higher cieling than fisher and joekel. but todd mcshay

always say things like that to save his face

Yeah I see Fluker just like James Carpenter from Bama just a few years ago. He has been moved inside since starting LT at bama, and has been essentially dominant (when healthy) And he went in the late 1st. Fluker would be good at tackle, elite at guard, IMO.

i'm late to this discussion but keenan will help any team that drafts him. he put up numbers as the only threat on an offense with a lousy qb. his game speed's way better than 4.7

and yeah i don't know why he ran at less than full health. now i got to defend him with these statements that are harder to back with discrete tangible evidence: late hands, route running. shiftiness at that size. **** i don't know, he's a great receiver

I would not mind at all if the Vikes took Allen first rd, but Patterson man.. his tape really intrigues me. Hope he falls to us at 23/25.

I like Keenan but he doesn't present enough value end of the first. There's clear risk involved.

I'm okay with mid-second.

regarding the other cal prospects (middle rounders to camp bodies)
cb marc anthony: good size and good effort, not shutdown but did serviceable work on the island (this is in college). i think he can help out a team, could start, not rubbish
cb steve williams: small, decently fast, also good effort. anthony offers more because of the size. williams is a small fast corner, lots of those around. but not rubbish
c brian schwenke: I trusted him, could be an AWC (avg white c)
t matt summers-gavin: your team's in trouble if he's starting at tackle. maybe as a project
dt aaron tipoti: takes up some space and high effort but not that destructive
rb isi sofele: waterbug, not explosive enough to make a big impact
rb cj anderson: just a guy, open holes and he can run through them

It's funny, I've seen tons of talk on Austin, Patterson and Allen, but pretty quiet on Robert Woods. Same with Justin Hunter.

WR class gonna be NICE this year. :pimp:

I think Allen flops.

For Minnesota I want Patterson, Austin, or Woods as their first WR pick. Not neccessarily that order either. I wouldn't be surprised if Woods explodes onto the scene in the NFL.

I've come to the conclusion that I would be alright with the Giants drafting any of the players mocked to us except Teo :lol:
Still would prefer Mingo tho.

It's funny, I've seen tons of talk on Austin, Patterson and Allen, but pretty quiet on Robert Woods. Same with Justin Hunter.

WR class gonna be NICE this year. :pimp:

heard hunter's name thrown around with the pats. his football IQ is the big question mark for NE though...would he see what Tom sees, that's the question. it's been a huge reason pats WR draft picks haven't worked out in the past.

all our meat-head TEs can figure it out, so not sure why others can't :lol:

Last edited:
Ya know...I've been caught up in a lot debates about the receivers in this draft, and I find it funny that between Nuk, Woods, and Patterson, it can be argued that none of them were even the best receivers on their team and in Patterson's case, him and Hunter not even being the best in Tennessee.

I don't know. Found it humurous.

Back
Top Bottom