2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

That's fine, let him drop to the second/third round. Piss him off and watch his knee get healthier. Someone will get a bargain.

Larry was a 4.6 wasn't he? Rice too? Not sayin he'll reach them, but he can still be useful if he gets the right team takin him. If the Browns take him just go ahead and send him job apps in 2 years to your loca lgrocery stores. :lol:

Detroit should still call him.
Houston
I'd take a flier on him with one of our extra mid round picks.

problem is, those guys could get open outside.

Keenan was allowed to exploit safety's and LBs all year.

I was worried about him before the 40...

is he coming off an injury? like I was not expecting that from him
knee surgery ...

Well, it wasn’t so hot. I’ve yet to see an “official” time, but Mike Mayock was there – yes, he is literally everywhere – and timed Allen’s two runs  at 4.71 and 4.75. Obviously that is not speed burner territory. Of course Allen was never considered a fast straight-line runner. But even compared to some of the other non-burners in this draft, that’s kind of slow. As a means of comparison, consider some 40 times at the combine. DeAndre Hopkins, who isn’t considered fast either, posted a 4.57. Robert Woods ran a 4.51 and he has bad ankles allegedly. Terrance Williams ran 4.52. Those guys have all been talked about in the late first. And Allen is considerably slower than all of them.

But it wasn’t all bad for Allen. He ran routes next and despite some shaky throws from his coach Ricky Proehl he really impressed the scouts. His route running is as crisp and polished as everyone thought. The other good news came from Dr. James Andrews who confirmed that Allen’s knee is 100% after surgery. Andrews added that Allen’s knee muscles are probably only at 75% so we should probably factor that in when we look at the slowish 40 times.

http://thevikingage.com/2013/04/09/vikings-draft-targets-keenan-allens-pro-day-yields-mixed-results/

Here another link to his pro-day, with video clip ...dudes still has some hands tho ..

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2013/4/9/4205576/nfl-pro-day-the-keenan-allen-story

Last edited:
He would have been better of pulling a Crabtree and not running at all. Whats the point of going at there when you're supposedly 75-85% of your full strength?

He was about a 4.6 guy coming out of high school if Im not mistaken...

if allen goes 21-32 , he'll probably go to team that doesn't need a number 1 , just

a solid number 2 .....houston,patriots etc

i still like him better than justin hunter and robert woods

woods is ready to produce but i think his ceiling is a really good number 2

and justin hunter is soft , and it seems like he doesn't even look at the ball when the defender

closes in on him

Last edited:
I like Keenan but there's no way he goes 21-32 now, is there? I find top of the second more likely.
i can see

bills

rams

vikings

packers

houston

ravens

patriots

going wide receiver , with cordarelle and austin probably going 1 and 2 , i think he falls in the mix

Last edited:
Purely in terms of value, I'd personally prefer Justin Harper or Quinton Patton later in the draft than Keenan end of first.

quinton patton is severly underrated

and im WAY higher on deandre hopkins than what they report

this is one of the craziest draft's in terms of late bloomers , athletes

who just started playing football , injury reports, medical reports no

really good franchise quarterback prospects and middle round depth

the least top heavy draft i can remember also

Nuk has great hands, He will go up and snatch the ball, runs great routes, and is somewhat physical after the catch. Been to a few games and guys struggled to get him down one on one. The only thing thats missing is just elite speed and strength. But this was his first year of just focusing on football, instead of also trying to play basketball.

He should be a solid contributor from day one.

These mocks just keeping getting worse. No way Milliner falls further than Tampa unless we get Revis and somehow keep our 1st pick.

And Sanders Commings 1st Rnd?

A league source tells The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein that Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could fall out of the first round.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah is hearing the same thing. At 6-foot-2, 216 pounds with 4.42 wheels, Patterson is a freak athlete, but a raw route runner. He's also been nicked for his tendency to "body catch," though he didn't struggle with drops in college. Patterson was reportedly "very unimpressive" in his Combine interviews. Patterson has legitimate question marks, but he could end up one of the steals of the draft if he falls to day two. Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Last edited:
And Sanders Commings 1st Rnd?

Put the clamps on Cordarrelle Patterson and everybody else who was across from him and he's a really good open field tackler. #DawgsGettinMoney

Back
Top Bottom