2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

60 for 64
smokin.gif

Whos got the better hands between Bailey and Austin?
i hope he gets that money but wasn't alex smith 62-62?

also who can forget todd  mcshay's greatest moment

"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

jawalrus

^ Everyone was saying that though, so whatever. He duped many teams, I'm sure.

Bottom line to me is that these vs. air pro days for QB's are pretty much just a formality. Everyone probably realizes that gameday tempo and going against an 11-man defense is much much different than this.

Fluidity of movement and mechanics are probably the biggest takeaways, but again...That can all change under heat. See Blaine Gabbert, among others.

Gabbert threw accurately and moved with smooth athleticism in a well-reviewed, 25-minute pro day workout on Thursday at the University of Missouri. If the No. 1 Panthers want to take a quarterback, they now must put Gabbert and Auburn's Cam Newton side by side and choose the one they feel has the most potential to be a clear-cut franchise passer.

Gabbert turned some heads here and won himself some believers among those who wondered if he could make the transition to playing quarterback under center after starring in the spread offense in his two years of starting duty at Missouri. Starting all 64 of his pass plays by taking a center snap, Gabbert looked fluid and comfortable throughout his drills, and his accuracy never suffered no matter if he threw on the move or after setting up in the pocket.

"He's my No. 1 quarterback, and to me he's the one quarterback in the draft who, if you've got to bang the table for a franchise quarterback, he's the guy,'' NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said after Gabbert's workout. "The kid confirmed everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback. I thought he did as good as he could have. His footwork was real clean. His arm was real accurate, and his arm strength was great.''

Both of them have popgun arms why is this even a debate :lol:
"Who is faster Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?" Who gives a ****.

Last edited:
i know big 10 running backs tend to suck , but this dude could be the exception

inb4 laurence maroney or rashard mendenhall

someone else i think is gonna be a good pro

he can be a 1,000 back in the right scheme next year

(Mike Shanahan) Ill take him in the 7th (Mike Shanahan)

In other words all you are saying is Ball is an average back which is exactly what Dre is saying.

Montee Ball's are a dime a dozen. There is no back in the NFL who wont produce decently if they can get to the line untouched and get carries. People drafting RB's gotta aim a little higher especially if you aren't dynamic in the passing game.

Problem with him is he runs like a speed back but has the speed of power back ..

Last edited:
Tampa Bay giving lots of attention to Xavier Rhodes @ FSU's pro day today. Buffalo giving lots of attention to EJ Manuel. EJ will have a private workout for Buffalo on Monday

Back
Top Bottom