2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

Let Damontre Moore drop to the beginning of the 2nd round. I'll take him and his 19 bench reps any day.

I would, too. It sounds much better than "top 5 pick Damontre Moore."

Good news for Jarvis Jones via National Football Post:
Jones’ neck injury is starting to look like it might be a non-issue on draft day, and there is little chance he will fall out of the top 10. In a medical report that was sent to NFL teams, leading orthopedist Craig Brigham refutes that Jones ever had a significant spinal cord contusion. When he was at Southern Cal, the pass rusher was diagnosed with one, and Southern Cal did not allow him to play in 2010. Jones transferred to Georgia and played two seasons with no problems. Brigham concluded that Jones either had a very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger that has long since resolved. Even if another similar injury occurred, Brigham concluded it would not be a career ending issue. After recently examining Jones, Brigham concluded, “Jarvis is cleared to play without restriction.”

neck is  serious issue , as  is the spine/back , too risky in my opinion

but a jarvis jones with no health issues is the most sure thing in the draft

neck is  serious issue , as  is the spine/back , too risky in my opinion

Yup. #1 guy on the board.

& You seen anything on DE Armonty Bryant? From a small school but he looks like a top elite talent. A bunch of small school yet high profile guys

i think i would go with joeckel and fisher at LT (or worst case RT).. then warmack and cooper at the guard spots (and fluker too)

but obviously teams dont value guards as much as they do pass rushers

Warmack and Cooper are clear 1 and 2 at OG. Warmack has the Bama, SEC pedigree. Strength advantage. Cooper quicker and more athletic off the ball. Intriguing that he can play C as well, valuable to a team like STL with O-Line holes.

Yup. #1 guy on the board.

& You seen anything on DE Armonty Bryant? From a small school but he looks like a top elite talent. A bunch of small school yet high profile guys
first time hearing that name , but i love the thought of a ELITE DE dlipping thru the cracks , they come off the board like

hot cakes every year and playoff teams fighting for scraps by the 20's

only division 2 guy i kept tabs on this year is brandon williams , dude is a TANK

Can/will Cyprien end up the better safety than Vaccaro or Elam? I've heard the Colts have immense interest.
good size , went to the senior bowl doin what he was supposed to do...

fly's toward the ball , and layed some of the hardest hits by a saftey ive see

by a safety , but played against bad quartebacks that let receivers out to dry....

but i'll bang my hand on the table and say he'll as good if not better than vaccaro

Last edited:
A little bit on Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central Univ. 6'4" 263 lbs 36in arms, 4.82 40 Yd dash

Getting talked up at the Texas vs The Nation game:

Quote:

1. Armonty Bryant, DE, East Central Oklahoma (6041, 262 and 4.85 E): Bryant has an excellent first day of practice and already had a few NFL people saying that Bryant made himself some money today. Good looking “on the hoof,” Bryant’s initial quickness helped him beat the OT to the turn point consistently. With extremely quick 35 ½ inch arms, Bryant can get hands on OT first and consistently showed the ability to beat pass blocker. Able to jolt OT with hands, he displayed the quick burst and change of direction ability to beat the OT around the corner or back inside. If Bryant practices this way the rest of the week, he could be the player that comes out of this game and makes the biggest jump up draft boards.

East Central DE Armonty Bryant has been the most impressive player on both rosters. He’s a raw prospect, but he can “shed blocks with ease” and potentially factor in both the run and pass game at the next level. It was surprising to hear, but two different scouts said Bryant carried a 3rd round grade.

Character concerns:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...h-Character-Questions-First-Edition-6812.html

Just looking at the tape his ability jumps out...very dominant like. Versatility w/ lining up from a wide 9 stance to 3 tech DT. Skills/Tool set of a top 10 kind of guy 

There is one play that stands out on Bryant's tape more than any of the others. He stands up and covers a tight end down the field. It is the only time he was in coverage. 35 yards down field he makes a play at the pylon to knock down a pass...

Last edited:
pimp.gif

video looks like me playing against pop warner kids , holy cow dudes a freak 
laugh.gif

gotta see what he looks like at the next level

looking back at the vid he looks like he could play against the run/interior aswell

which is good because that was like a blooper reel of how not to play offensive line

they barely doubled him or brought in an extra blocker for him

I watch tape of Marquess Wilson and I don't see how his stock will not rise he can do everything, has height, speed, can take a bubble screen and go 70 yards, he can go up and catch it, is his character issues that bad?

Even if he stays somewhere in the 4th or 5th I hope Chip drafts him he got a front row view of what Wilson can do.

if coached up wilson can be a steal for some time in the mid-late rounds

its crazy what a acl tear can do to someones stock

making a mockery of d.j fluker , 3 sack game i believe

looking back at the vid he looks like he could play against the run/interior aswell

which is good because that was like a blooper reel of how not to play offensive line

they barely doubled him or brought in an extra blocker for him
lmao, I know right.

The tape is laughable he is just out there blowin' cats up

I watch tape of Marquess Wilson and I don't see how his stock will not rise he can do everything, has height, speed, can take a bubble screen and go 70 yards, he can go up and catch it, is his character issues that bad?

Even if he stays somewhere in the 4th or 5th I hope Chip drafts him he got a front row view of what Wilson can do.

He looked much better last year, but this past year he did not look good at all. Drops and then we know about the "attitude." Without knowing exactly how it went down, it's hard to say if he's pampered or what, but he looked real good at the combine. His athleticism is so smooth and fluid. Kind of a wild card for me without knowing how his interviews and stuff went.

if coached up wilson can be a steal for some time in the mid-late rounds

its crazy what a acl tear can do to someones stock

making a mockery of d.j fluker , 3 sack game i believe

there is no way you watched that video. if you did and came away with that assessment :smh:

the alleged "sack" vs fluker was on a screen that Mccarron didnt throw. Fluker chucked him and went up field. (If you key Lacy u can see him go buy the end and turn to look for the ball)

and the other was a coverage sack vs #71. he had one sack on a nice inside rush after 71 over set outside. good move tho

vs the run he didnt make a single play in that video. in fact he was easily manhandled

there is no way you watched that video. if you did and came away with that assessment
mean.gif

the alleged "sack" vs fluker was on a screen that Mccarron didnt throw. Fluker chucked him and went up field. (If you key Lacy u can see him go buy the end and turn to look for the ball)

and the other was a coverage sack vs #71. he had one sack on a nice inside rush after 71 over set outside. good move tho

vs the run he didnt make a single play in that video. in fact he was easily manhandled
see : situational pass rusher

Back
Top Bottom