2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Alex today is a better hitter than half our team. Have you been watching the games G????

I'm disgusted with the Yankees if what they're saying is true. Yankees trying to keep Alex off the field to try to hope to get some money back :smh: This isn't the same Yankees, George would never do this ****. I am sickened about this. They're saying they can't find the doctor and the MRI doesn't exist :lol:

Didn't let Alex take BP. This **** is gross, I might take a break from the Yankees fellas. A billion dollar team is more concerned with money than winning and pleasing the fans.
Welcome to the 2nd generation Steinbrenner's.... Their number 1 priority is getting under the $189 luxury tax threshold that is set for next season.... If they could get out of paying A-Rod they figure they can spend that $30 million on more productive players....

BTW you think A-Rod isn't going to have rust?? The guy hasn't played since the playoffs last year.... Its going to take him at least a month until he can get into any kind of rhythm and you are looking at September for him to be semi-productive.... At that point hopefully Cashman has made a trade to help this team....

Last edited:
^ I know he's going to have rust. This is still his Spring Training. He's older and recovering from an injury. I just have zero faith in 6-7 players starting these games the last few weeks. You can't tell me Rodriguez doesn't give us a better chance fresh off the surgery table than our recent 3Bs :smh:

^ I know he's going to have rust. This is still his Spring Training. He's older and recovering from an injury. I just have zero faith in 6-7 players starting these games the last few weeks. You can't tell me Rodriguez doesn't give us a better chance fresh off the surgery table than our recent 3Bs :smh:
He does but the Yankees are looking at it dollars vs production, he will be more than likely more productive than the guys they've had their.... Is it worth what they are paying him though..... Like you said George wouldn't stand for this but he isn't around.... His boys are running the ship into the ground... They didn't let Cashman do squat this offseason because of the luxury tax next season....

ESPN NY is saying Soriano would wave his no-trade to play in NY.

Read that last night. He gave Theo Epstein a list of teams he would be willing to be traded to and Yanks were one of them.

I see it happening. It's cool for nostalgia, but realistically, how much can he help? I guess he's the better option than Hafner at this rate.

He's gotta be one of the dumbest ************* to ever walk through the door for the yanks.

there are so many different scenarios that could play itself from this

the yankees are clearly stalling ARods return, so MLB can suspen him already

arod can be trying to force his return, so he can he say he tried and then retire before said suspension is levied

arod could actually be healthy and ready to contribute

so many possibilities

Oh I meant that about this whole saga with this new doctor. Why in the hell would you attempt to circumvent the CBA when you're in the middle of another PED ring? Make 0 sense :lol:

But why are the Yankees even mad that he got a second opinion? Why does Alex need to go to rehab again but Derek doesn't?

**** the Yankees, the Steinbrennar's, Cashman and Levine.

But why are the Yankees even mad that he got a second opinion? Why does Alex need to go to rehab again but Derek doesn't?

**** the Yankees, the Steinbrennar's, Cashman and Levine.

They don't like A-Rod. Simple.

I don't think it's always been that way.. But it has been for a few years.

Last edited:
It would have been nice to have Melancon (0.93 ERA 1.76 FIP 2.18 xFIP)/Robertson (2.01 ERA 2.60 FIP/xFIP) to pitch the 8th and 9th when Mo retires...

Kuroda's great year is being wasted... Had this been 2001-2012, Kuroda would probably knock at a 20 win season come September

Run Support :smh:

Added: Just looked it up.. Through 101 games, Yankees have 49 games where they have scored 3 or less runs.. They are 10-39 in those games.. The opposing team has scored 5 or more in those games just 17 times.... In 2012 it happened only 51 times all season

Last edited:
His numbers last year were inflated by a bad April.  K/9 went up, BB/9 and xFIP dropped as the season wore on.

K/9 – 4.5, 5.9, 7.3, 8.1, 11.7
BB/9 – 9.0, 2.4, 2.2, 2.8, 0.9
xFIP – 11.0, 3.9, 3.5, 3.2, 1.8

Lol ARod won't be back until after August 1st... And August 1st is when he starts rehab or Simulated game.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA

So, the Yankees said before that Alex's strain wasn't as severe as Derek's. Derek is back this weekend, Alex needs to rest for another week to rehab this strain? HAHAHAHA, right! I'm happy we not making the playoffs and I'm happy ratings and ticket sales are down. **** these moter*******.

Just 2 ER in Kuroda's last 26 IP and that includes vs BAL, @BOS, and @TEX.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Very, very good win. Kuroda is lights out lately. :smokin

This whole Alex deal is nuts. Just heard him in Francesa, things just keep getting weirder.

I get it if the Yanks have a legit shot of getting out of his contract, but otherwise, any sort of production at third will be welcomed. Even it is from A-Roid.

His jerseys were on clearance at a local clothing store this week :lol:

Back
Top Bottom