2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

A-Rod should seriously be ashamed of himself. Go home, stay there and never come out.

His contract will go down as the worst contract ever.

Yankees will try & void his contract, he will end up with $100 mill yanks can pick up the insurance and get back $80 mill so only losing $20 mill on the deal and with them trying to get under the $189 mill for the luxury tax it's gonna be $25 next year they don't have to worry about.

Never had a problem with AROD. Even when he went 50HR and 150RBIs people still found an excuse to diminish it. He just hasnt been healthy. His contract is insured, so who knows how the Front Office is going to approach this.

My take on this is that I hate how the MLB and the Yankees are now back tracking and acting like they didnt know and they are these high moral people always concerned about the integrity of the game. If that was the case they would have never looked the other way back in the late 80s when steroids was coming into the game. They wanted people to come to the game, so they said hey the long ball (pause) is the way to do it. So they looked the other way.

And as far as this suspension goes, AROD isnt going to serve no 100 games. If he loses in court, hes gonna appeal it and his defense team is going to rip Bosch apart. He's not a credible person.

JMO

The evidence they have is a damn list scribbled on a sheet of loose leaf, isn't it? In not saying A-Rod is innocent, but come on now.

As powerful as MLB is, I find it hard to believe they would give this guy this much attention if he wasnt credible.

The players lawyers are gonna tear this guy apart. He was running an illegal center, selling illegal drugs, presenting himself as a physician (without a license), his "medical records" are out of a notebook and he was probably committing income tax evasion because he took payment only in cash. Those defense lawyers are going to have a field day with Bosch.

None of these players are going to serve a 100 game suspension.

After what happened with Braun getting off on a technicality, when they had a POSITIVE test, do you really think that they are going to serve a supposed 100 game suspension with the evidence they have? I dont think so.

But I could be wrong.

The evidence they have is a damn list scribbled on a sheet of loose leaf, isn't it? In not saying A-Rod is innocent, but come on now.

I think now that the guy is talking, the best evidence they can have (and they might have) is access to his finances, which can show money being exchanged from Braun/Arod to him. And i'm sure the guy has to have some kind of shipping/order data.

Either way, 100 is too heavy a penalty, it's just being thrown out there so they can get 50. Ive always found Arod to be entertaining as sort of the yankees scapegoat/villain and never really had anything against him. He carried the offense in 09 playoffs and I'll never forget that either. Just seems like realistically, his best days are gone and whats best for the yankees is maybe to recoup some money, bc we'll never see him ever playing like a 25mil/yr player again

This offense has looked like a different team since the return of Tex. Don't even need to make any trades. Getting Jeter and A Rod back > any trade.

Unless they eat some money and get Cliff Lee for a small prospect :lol:

Cliff Lee was born to wear pinstripes . Still can't believe we didn't make the deal with Seattle because of Nunez smh

I think it was more than Nunez though. They wanted Montero + Joba/Phil combo + Nunez :lol: and Cliff didn't want to commit to an extension IIRC. Even when they somewhat agreed on a package, their GM pulled out :smh:

i think it's safe to say whatever vernon was doing has worn off ....

dude looks terrible :smh:

250 :pimp:!

I think of all players with ties to PEDs... Pettite has the best shot at HoF. The fact that he has been able to adjust his game with age shows roids has nothing to do with being a great pitcher. His velocity is gone but the control is top notch.

^ ehh, I don't know. Numerous people have came out and said he only used to recover from injury but he doesn't seem to get much love.

He looked good today, he looked good in his last start but ran out of gas.

Offense also needs to wake up. I'm still angry about being swept by the Mets, we should be in first place.

In his first minor league rehab start with High-A Tampa, Michael Pineda allowed two hits in 4.1 scoreless innings. He struck out four (all swinging) and walked one while throwing 42 of 68 pitches for strikes (62%). He was on a 65-70 pitch limit

:smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom