2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

I was at the sox game friday. First ever MLB game, seeing rivera get a save was a dream. Night couldnt have gone better, but this losing other than friday has been horrible 

anybody else hear a rumor about the yanks working on dealing for giancarlo stanton ?

Solid game. Andy might be hurt. He was solid and then in the 5th, he couldn't reach the plate. I'm also mad he couldn't finish that inning and get the W

Happy to see Tex get that GS, I was in a Burger King yelling :lol:

Needed this W and we need our bats to wake the **** up

^ they're interested but I don't know if they go for him since they've been trying to spend less and he's probably gonna get a big contract. I wouldn't mind him, he's young and has a great bat. He needs some work but I would approve.

I take back everything I said about tex , he raped that hr tonight :smokin

Arod arod arod :smh:

Sigh ......

Im still an arod fan, but it sucks, I dont think he'll ever play for the yanks again. This city for some reason never gave this dude a chance.

From day one at his press conference when the yanks had jeter put the jersey on arod and jeter looked like he wanted to vomit, the fans have been blech with the dude.

Sad man, really is ...

Yeah, I'm still a fan, too. Sucks it turned out the way it did.

Still appreciate watching him play, but man the whole thing was toxic from day one. Wasn't handled very well by anyone involved.:frown:

Ever since then. When he finally showed upo in the postseason in our WS run. I was always in Arods corner but .. its just become to stupid to defend..

My mother is a testament to someone who never liked ARod.... :lol: Srs.

Last edited:
The opt out is what killed him. That much money for that guy at that age, he was never going to live up to that contract.

On the bright side, it may lead to more discussions about possibly voiding his contract.

Im still an arod fan, but it sucks, I dont think he'll ever play for the yanks again. This city for some reason never gave this dude a chance.

From day one at his press conference when the yanks had jeter put the jersey on arod and jeter looked like he wanted to vomit, the fans have been blech with the dude.

Sad man, really is ...

Cause 90% of our fans our stupid. They hate Alex most of the season and complain. Then when he's gone they complain about him being gone. He had great seasons as a Yankee and won the MVP twice, that wasn't enough. I don't care, Alex was always a favorite player of mine. Curious to see how this situation turns out though.

The opt out is what killed him. That much money for that guy at that age, he was never going to live up to that contract.

On the bright side, it may lead to more discussions about possibly voiding his contract.

That contract was foolish but it made sense. He was expected to stay on pace and hit a few milestones. 3,000 hits, 2,000 RBIs and probably break the HR record. Think about how much money they make off of those. Only two players have 2,000 RBIs. These are all huge. I hated the contract but I see what NY was thinking and no one thought he would have had seasons like the last two this early.

True. But fans don't see it that way. And the last few years would have been a disaster of a contract.

Isn't that clause to void his contract really convoluted as to what he has to be suspended for?  And I don't think they would be able to void it outright anyway, the PA would most likely fight that as well.

Last edited:
I have no clue :lol: that's why they opened up the discussion in the offseason. From what they were going for in the winter, it seemed like they wanted the whole thing voided. The PA would definitely fight it but with a 100 game suspension tacked on to that, it might start to favor the Yankees side.

Back
Top Bottom